• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Make college free for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

By Bernie Sanders October 22 at 6:47 AM

Bernie Sanders, an Independent, represents Vermont in the U.S. Senate and is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president.

In 1877, Rutherford B. Hayes became the first president to make a strong case for universally available public education. “Universal suffrage should rest upon universal education,” he said in his inaugural address, adding that “liberal and permanent provision should be made for the support of free schools.” Hayes, a Republican, didn’t worry that some poor kid might benefit from access to “free stuff,” nor did he believe that the children of wealthy elites should be excluded from the universal nature of the program. For him, education was the basis for full economic and political participation, and full participation was the basis for all prosperity. An education should be available to all regardless of anyone’s station.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d05512-7685-11e5-bc80-9091021aeb69_story.html

Free collage does not mean "education". There is nothing free. There can be promotional free periods, but it does cost someone. You can subsidize anything but some one else pays for it.

I went to a company schools (Tatas) and then REC for my Engineering. I did not have to pay any tuition fee at all. So there are "free" collages. It was merit and financial need basis. Then only you can appreciate your education.

- Is it possible for a country, the national debt of which is spiraling out of control?

Making Rice, dals, palm oil, e.t.c are free for all ..(eligibles and ineligibles) - is possible for a country, the national debt of which is spiralling out of control !!

hi

recently i heard that alll MBA program students fees was waived and free in arizona university...the studets fees paid

by an enterpruner.........sponsered by start up company.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back