• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Australian harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Australin harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

Yellamma_2590087a_2590523g.jpg

The city police detained the Australian and forced the man to apologise to the harassers for “hurting their religious sentiments”.

A group of people harassed an Australian couple at a restaurant here on Saturday, even threatening to skin the young man’s leg, for sporting the tattoo of Hindu goddess Yellamma on his shin.

Their ordeal did not end there as the city police not only detained them but also forced the man to apologise to the group for ‘hurting their religious sentiments.’

The incident happened around 2 p.m. when Matthew Gordon (21) and his girl friend Emily Kassianou (20) from Melbourne were spotted by the group. “One of them came to me and confronted me about my tattoo. Soon, they surrounded us and threatened to skin my leg and remove the tattoo,” a shaken Gordon, a law student, told The Hindu on Sunday.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...d-in-bengaluru-over-tattoo/article7778246.ece

Last edited by a moderator:

Australin harassed in Bengaluru over tattoo

The city police detained the Australian and forced the man to apologise to the harassers for “hurting their religious sentiments”.

A group of people harassed an Australian couple at a restaurant here on Saturday, even threatening to skin the young man’s leg, for sporting the tattoo of Hindu goddess Yellamma on his shin.

Their ordeal did not end there as the city police not only detained them but also forced the man to apologise to the group for ‘hurting their religious sentiments.’

The incident happened around 2 p.m. when Matthew Gordon (21) and his girl friend Emily Kassianou (20) from Melbourne were spotted by the group. “One of them came to me and confronted me about my tattoo. Soon, they surrounded us and threatened to skin my leg and remove the tattoo,” a shaken Gordon, a law student, told The Hindu on Sunday.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...d-in-bengaluru-over-tattoo/article7778246.ece

I feel there was nothing wrong about the people who threatened. Foreigners have no right to denigrate indians' beliefs and then come to india and flaunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back