• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maada koil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the Hindu temples built by King Ko-chengat Chola Nayanar. He was supposed to be a spider and was killed by elephant in the last birth. Because of memories of previous birth, the Chola king built maada koil which are specially constructed such that an elephant cannot climb the steps of the temple. The main deity in those temples is Lord Shiva. The number of maada koil said to be roughly 70 in number (source: reading from various tamil magazines, but I do not have the complete list of 70 temples). If anyone has the list of the Siva temples constructed by Ko-Chengat Chola, please let me know

The word "maada" koil is a little confusing. Spelt in tamil it sound like "Matha Koil" or Temple of Mary. Yet it could not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back