• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Golu Padi Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have kept a golu with 5 steps . I want to know whether any specific samprathayam is there to keep which type of dolls in a particular step. My 4 year old daughter is very fond of wearing her new dress and inviting all the people for the golu.
Please guide the sampradhayams to be followed in Golu.
We are in Gulf Country

Respected Chiku72,

Dolls like animals, birds should be kept in last row. I mean in the base.
Dolls like chettiar, conductor, like normal human beings should be in the next step.
Dolls like ramana, ramakrishna paramahamsa, other mahans should be kept next
Dolls like incarnations Dasavathara, krishna, rama should be kept next.
Dolls like Ambal, Shivan, Vishnu, Lakshmi should be kept on the uppermost step.

It is to clearly distinguish lives like steps. First as just living beings without any knowledge (like animals), then with only brain and not with any likes to attain god (Chettiar- the human mind with business thoughts), then to reach gnani state and finally attaining god.

The thing imporatnt is if you are keeping golu, you should not close your home during daytimes and particularly in evenings. Daily do some sundal or some naivedya and provide then to others. Give thamboolam to all.

Note: All the things I said will be out of time I think, as navarathri has been finished for this year. As am new member, unable to see this at proper time. Sorry. Anyhow continue this atleast by next year.

Pranams

durga,

you are ok. chiku72 could have put in a little more effort to locate the existing thread.

the main reason being, that there were a lot of questions re kolu padi answered there.

these posts would have fitted there like a T and complemented them.

disjointed posts don't do any good.

hope this explains..

I have enjoyed arranging golu dolls and managing to tell the kids about various mythological stories even by being in USA. I found a few rare dolls that we get only in tamil nadu at navarathri.com. They gave me a discount coupon too when i mailed them.
they also arrange golu competitions each year at navarathri.org

Talk media judges the Golu and disburse award every year. They give equal weightage both to Sampradhaya and Innovation in theme. One of the Golu that I saw had concept as God's marriage. IT was very impressive and they have used about 2000 dolls that they have managed to collect over many years. Important thing is that they have followed the Sampradhayam to 100% in it.

Unfortunately many do not follow Sampradhayams even with simple things. The ten Avatharams of Vishnu also have the same order from animals to God. It is about evolution. But they are careless in making arrangement in the right order. AArupadai veedu, Ashta Lakshmi etc also have order. If Cricket set is their, ensure you set fielder after consulting your son. Check for available pictures (Ravivarma preferable) in the internet to arrange Rama, Sita, Hanuman and Lakshmanan. Vaikundam set, Kailasam set all will have a configuration. Some will have Ramayanam collection. This can be arranged as per the seven Kaandams for order.

What you will do if your mother-in-law insisted her favorite Saibaba doll to be put in the top padi? What you will do if your kutti demanded the sweet krishna in the last padi to be decorated daily in various costumes?

Ans: Simply listen to them but also talk to them on Sampradhayam.
Respected Chiku72,

Dolls like chettiar, conductor, like normal human beings should be in the next step.

It is to clearly distinguish lives like steps. First as just living beings without any knowledge (like animals), then with only brain and not with any likes to attain god (Chettiar- the human mind with business thoughts), then to reach gnani state and finally attaining god.

The thing imporatnt is if you are keeping golu, you should not close your home during daytimes and particularly in evenings. Daily do some sundal or some naivedya and provide then to others. Give thamboolam to all.

Note: All the things I said will be out of time I think, as navarathri has been finished for this year. As am new member, unable to see this at proper time. Sorry. Anyhow continue this atleast by next year.

Pranams

golu padi rules

Respected Chiku72,

Pranams

Dear Sri "Durgadasan",

Interesting Golupadi Rules. Thanks for providing the guide lines. I never knew that there is a "Varnashrama" Dharma to be followed in arranging the Kolu dolls.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear all

Sorry for my very late response as I saw this thread now only. The idea by NSP is correct. You should consult some eminents before arranging the dolls in order. All our hindu friends have visited atleast one big temple in their lifetime so far. Its not just to go in and coming out after having darshan of the deity and returning home. If you seriously watch the gopurams, you can see the extralarge size of golupadi and the rules over there.

In the very low level, some animals serpents will be there and even a full-floor will not be occupied by this. And the order which I mentioned in my previous post will be seen there. It is just to explain symbolically the slow evolution pattern, along with the social and cultural changes and the final and essential "jeevathma--Paramathma" Aikyam.

After all in these whole 9 days, we are worshipping for that only to devi along with other worldily desires.

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back