• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Barbers Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I undersand this as follows

X is the only barber avilable

One set of people (A) who donot shave by themself X can shave them as per condition
Another set (B) who are self shaving and X cannot to that to them
Now wehere you put X if in A He can do that - but x is the same person & if he does that - he will be in (B)! and cannot do it!

This barber in a village shaves only men who donot shave themeselves - Then who shaes the Barber? This mathematical pardox is by Russel

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...LS_XVMfE2Yby63lHw&sig2=ivPKkclbvachcAU-T-ktTw
Mam,
What is in the web site is " The barber is a man in town who shaves those and only those men who do not shave themselves";

but you have changed the version as
"This barber in a village shaves only men who donot shave themeselves..."

Change is on account of omission or commission )deliberate)....... lol

Mam,
What is in the web site is " The barber is a man in town who shaves those and only those men who do not shave themselves";

but you have changed the version as
"This barber in a village shaves only men who donot shave themeselves..."

Change is on account of omission or commission )deliberate)....... lol

These line were not dragged are copied Tyed as I understood!

JJ Madam,

In case the paradox exists, it cannot be proven

In case paradox does not exist, it can be proven

We cannot have anyone shaving the barber without contradicting the statement

JJ Madam,

In case the paradox exists, it cannot be proven

In case paradox does not exist, it can be proven

We cannot have anyone shaving the barber without contradicting the statement

Talking of paradoxes, the Paradox of the Court is quite famous :

The Paradox of the Court, also known as the counterdilemma of Euathlus, is a very old problem in logic stemming from ancient Greece. It is said that the famous sophist Protagoras took on a pupil, Euathlus, on the understanding that the student pay Protagoras for his instruction after he wins his first court case. After instruction, Euathlus decides to not enter the profession of law, and Protagoras decided to sue Euathlus for the amount owed.

Protagoras argued that if he won the case he would be paid his money. If Euathlus won the case, Protagoras would still be paid according to the original contract, because Euathlus would have won his first case.

Euathlus, however, claimed that if he won, then by the court's decision he would not have to pay Protagoras. If, on the other hand, Protagoras won, then Euathlus would still not have won a case and would therefore not be obliged to pay.

The question is: which of the two men is in the right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_the_Court

Talking of paradoxes, the Paradox of the Court is quite famous :

The Paradox of the Court, also known as the counterdilemma of Euathlus, is a very old problem in logic stemming from ancient Greece. It is said that the famous sophist Protagoras took on a pupil, Euathlus, on the understanding that the student pay Protagoras for his instruction after he wins his first court case. After instruction, Euathlus decides to not enter the profession of law, and Protagoras decided to sue Euathlus for the amount owed.

Protagoras argued that if he won the case he would be paid his money. If Euathlus won the case, Protagoras would still be paid according to the original contract, because Euathlus would have won his first case.

Euathlus, however, claimed that if he won, then by the court's decision he would not have to pay Protagoras. If, on the other hand, Protagoras won, then Euathlus would still not have won a case and would therefore not be obliged to pay.

The question is: which of the two men is in the right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_the_Court

Mind boggling! I think the expert lawyers of the country use this to pin the opponent! It requires an expert judge to decipher the truth!

Shakespear seems to have used pardox in his plays to good effect - I remember atleast one from Romeo and Juliet " My love springs out of Hate!"

These common expression Like I have to admit that I am honestly dishonest I have to be cruely kind seems pardoxical

Shakespear seems to have used pardox in his plays to good effect - I remember atleast one from Romeo and Juliet " My love springs out of Hate!"

These common expression Like I have to admit that I am honestly dishonest I have to be cruely kind seems pardoxical

Single Liner:

Believe me when I say dont believe anyone who says "Believe me".

Now do you believe me...?

Parents Paradox Funny!!!

parent-laugh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back