• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

slokas chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please elaborate further. I am only listening to Vishnu Sahasranamam regularly.
Will I get the same benefit.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

The miracle of vishnu sahashranamam

I am not a Brahman by birth and have not been introduced to sloka chanting as a matter of family tradition. I wanted to self-teach the chanting of Vishnu Sahashra namam but could not succeed. While in Coimbatore, I saw an elderly gentleman-- a malayalee-- chanting aloud Vishnu Sahashranam, evert day in the evening, after doing parkrama at the Vishnu temple in an Ayurvedic hospital. I approached him for help. He told me to listen and follow him while chanting. I did that for a few days. Although I did not follow him with a book and repeat it verbatim, I was able to recite it on my own, back home. I consider it as a result of the blessing of that gentleman, whom I consider as a guru, as far as Vishnur Sahasranam chanting is concerned that I have been able to chant this powerful sloka. Now, my wife, who has been practising the chanting of various slokas, says she finds it difficult to chant this mantra. I hope she will get over the difficulty as I did with some more effort on her part.

As to the healing effect of the chanting of this sloka, there can be little doubt. Swami Sathyananda Saraswathi has prescribed the chanting of Vishnu Sahashranamam as one of the anti-dotes for stammering, besides others practices to increase ones self belief.

A Brahman friend of mine, who was working in the Gulf told me that once he was so seriously unwell with a heart condition that the doctor who attended on him had given ultimatum for his life. Then, he kept on chanting the mantra non-stop. After the time fixed by the doctor, when he was examined, he was told that he had survived the near impossible condition.

I suggested my non-brahmin friend to recite Vishnu Sahastranamam, who was having high B.P and diabetics, he said he could not follow and unable to pronounce sanskrit words.i suggested him to recite The Kandha Shasti Kavasam with full confidence,now he is reciting, and the result is absolutely positive,and is now chanting Vishnu, Lalitha sahastranams with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back