• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Total eclipse glowing over icy pyramids wins photo prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 September 2015
Total eclipse glowing over icy pyramids wins photo prize

(Image: Luc Jamet)

This ethereal glow lasted just a few minutes during this year’s total solar eclipse. The rare sight has won top prize in the 2015 Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition, which celebrates the most spectacular images of the cosmos.

Luc Jamet took the picture seconds after the eclipse began on 20 March. He was looking out over the valley of Sassendalen in Svalbard, Norway, one of only two habitable locations where the eclipse was total.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...aign=hoot&cmpid=SOC%7CNSNS%7C2015-GLOBAL-hoot

Great picture! Thanks for sharing! Wonder if anyone will be able to capture a more picturesque photo of the total lunar eclipse on 27th Step. 2015!

Dear Ganesh and Lalitha,

Thank you very much for your encouraging words! :)

I used the Nikon camera, basic model. I took many photos using different settings and selected the good ones,

to make this picasa movie. Spent about two and half hours on the terrace, for this project.

I have shared many of the pictures that I took during my travels, in the thread
பயணக் க(வி)தைகள்...

Thanks for the info. Surprised that you could get such good clarity! Guess the camera was mounted on a tripod.

Patients help develop a lot of patience! I believe your father was a doc. with a great practice! Plz don't mistake my observation as an impudent remark! ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back