• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A open letter to Hon Shashi Tharoor-M.P for levelling false allegations on Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sent this mail to the office of Shashi Tharoor,M.P and expressed my anguish for him making unsubstantiated allegations on Tamil Brahmins..Request all to voice their protest & send mail to [email protected] and [email protected]

[h=6][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]To:

Dr. Shashi Tharoor,
[/FONT][/h] [FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Dear Dr Shashi Tharoor,[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]I was shocked by your following accusation in BBC (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34082770) that Brahmins are availing reservations meant for Dalits in Tamil Nadu[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Quote
[/FONT] [FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]
The number benefiting from such sops varies from state to state, but has reached extreme proportions in a state like Tamil Nadu, where 69% of government jobs and educational positions are reserved for a range of deprived and disadvantaged castes - so much so that the state has a cottage industry of fake caste certificates for Brahmins seeking to pass themselves off as Dalits, formerly known as untouchables
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Unquote[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]I am deeply anguished by your above wild accusation in a foreign media and would like to share the following.[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]As a fellow Tamil Brahmin in I know the difficulties that Brahmins are facing in Tamil Nadu, in getting admissions to good colleges and pursuing the branch of their choice. Undergraduate courses in Government Engineering, Medicine, Law and specialized post graduate courses such as Bio Chemistry, Applied & Pure Sciences, Information Security, Surgery etc [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]are almost out of reach for the Brahmins [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]on account of very high (69%) reservations[/FONT][/FONT]. 90% of seats in Open (31%) competition are coveted by the reserved categories. The same is true as far as Government jobs including the illustrious All India Services (IAS/IPS) etc are concerned[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]As a consequence Brahmins are forced to take admission in private capitation fee colleges thus entailing huge fees and are also forced to migrate to other states to pursue the subject of their choice..Over and above this the Brahmins who get admission in Government colleges are belittled by the reserved castes and communities in various fora.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] The reservation bug which had escaped the Institutions of Higher Learning has hit the prestigious IIT’s & IIM’s also during your UPA government. Please go and have a look at what your Government has done to the esteemed IIT Madras environment. It has got completely vitiated with provocative sloganeering, pro reservationists fighting ugly battles and anti Hindu & anti Brahmin posturing affecting academics[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Devoid of education of their choice, aggressive and antagonistic attacks by Dravidian hegemonists, hostile posturing in social media by pseudo secularists and those with leftist hue has made life miserable for the Brahmins in their homeland[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]You have vitiated this by your uncalled and unsubstantiated comments against the Tamil Brahmins which has only added fuel to the fire
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]I am not sure on what basis you have leveled such an accusation. I am sure your allegation is wild and is without basis. Request you to please retract your statement and issue an apology[/FONT]

[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT]

Namaskarams,

Mr. Tharoor is known to such type of loose talks without any base. Already he was reprimanded by none other than Mrs. Sonia in a meeting. Still he is not coming to terms. Let everybody give him a fit reply.

Anbuden
Adiyen

Dr Tharoor has responded to my mail promptly...As he has clarified his position I do not want to take this up any further

Dear Mr Ganesh​:

I am sorry that you have been offended by a throwaway remark in my article.

Nowhere does the text you have quoted imply that ALL Brahmins are seeking fake caste certificates, as you seem to think it does. All it says is that reservations in TN are so excessive that some -- perhaps no more than a few -- Brahmins are even reduced to passing themselves off as members of other castes to avail of these benefits. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence to confirm that this has sometimes happened.

In the circumstances, I see no need whatsoever to apologize, recant, withdraw or rephrase my statement. In any case, the thrust of your letter corresponds to the thrust of my article, of which this is, as I'm sure you'll agree, a very minor part.

With all good wishes,

S tharoor has a way of justifying a bad remark by agreeing with the protester regarding the same and repeating it again with some qualifications.lol

He and mani shankar iyer belong to a special tribe from st stephens college delhi who take pride in making atrocious remarks and later justifying it with gay abandon.

They can get special prize in any debate in any forum. Thats a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back