Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for Volunteer Writers

0 Not allowed!
    We are planning to start a separate section where detailed and informative posts (on various topics) are published on a regular basis.

Towards this we are looking for volunteer writers who can write on various topics - religion, scriptures, slokas, hinduism, traditions, music, politics etc...

• The articles must be detailed, informative and must be original. Where ever possible provide references and sources.
    • We are not looking for copy/paste articles. If you are the original author, then we can make an exception.
    • We prefer the articles (controversial topics in specific) to be neutral and not take sides. For example, If you are planning to write an article on iyer vs iyengars, then your personal situation should not influence the outcome of the article or the manner in which it is written.

This section will be read only - meaning the articles can only be read and other members will not be able to post comments. If they would like to do so, a new topic can be opened in one of the other sections and members are free to discuss at length. The reason for this when members start discussing about a topic, it invariably goes off track or the point of the original article gets distorted.

If you are interested and are willing to contribute on a regular basis, please get in touch via email or private message.

Legal stuff for better understanding and clarity.
    By contributing content to this section you hereby agree to the terms and conditions mentioned below.

- You truthfully assert that the content being contributed is your creation and that you own the copyright to the content. Unless you have deliberately assigned the copyright to someone else, you automatically own the copyright to all of your original creations.
    - You truthfully assert you have not infringed on anybody else’s copyright in the creation of this article.
    - We are not responsible or liable for loss if visitors to the site violate your copyright and distribute your copyrighted content without your permission.
    - You grant us non-exclusive unlimited Internet distribution rights.
    - You may not publish the content you contribute to TamilBrahmins.com, on your personal Web site if you possess one.
    - Once granted and your content is published, the distribution rights cannot be revoked. In other words, once your contribution is published on TamilBrahmins.com it automatically becomes a permanent part of the publicly-accessible TamilBrahmins.com archives. You may, however, subject to our approval, update or revise your contributions on TamilBrahmins.com.
    - You will not receive any monetary compensation for your submissions (unless otherwise agreed beforehand).
    - You grant us the right to organize, categorize, collate your contributed content and present it on the website in any manner we see fit. We may remove or edit your contribution at our discretion without having to secure your permission. We will however make reasonable efforts to inform you of the changes.
    - We generally do not object to our contributors posting their TamilBrahmins.com contributions on other, freely accessible non-commercial Internet locations, so long as TamilBrahmins.com is clearly cited as the original publisher, and a link to TamilBrahmins is provided. You, however, agree to secure our permission first before such re-publication on other Internet sites happens.
    - Publication or use of any Submitted Items is at the sole discretion of TamilBrahmins.com and TamilBrahmins is under no obligation to publish or use any Submitted Item. If your Submitted Item is published, used and/or posted on the Web site , we will include your name in conjunction with such publication, posting, or use. By submitting, disclosing, or offering a Submitted Item, you hereby grant TamilBrahmins the right to use your name in connection with the publication, use or posting of your Submitted Item. You must include your full name and e-mail address (this will be taken from your user profile) with your Submitted Item so we can contact you if we have any questions about your Submission; however, only your name and not your e-mail address will be published with your Submitted Item.
    Last edited by praveen; 01-09-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Mr. praveen,

Your expectation, If am correct, matter discussed should not be a copy and paste but with originality and authentic quotes.
    I understand that the article/paper might be a standard one adhering to any one of the research methodologies.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post

We are planning to start a separate section where detailed and informative posts (on various topics) are published on a regular basis.

Towards this we are looking for volunteer writers who can write on various topics - religion, scriptures, slokas, hinduism, traditions, music, politics etc...
    Any astrology related topics would be allowed?
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

• The articles must be detailed, informative and must be original. Where ever possible provide references and sources.
    • We are not looking for copy/paste articles. If you are the original author, then we can make an exception.
    • We prefer the articles (controversial topics in specific) to be neutral and not take sides. For example, If you are planning to write an article on iyer vs iyengars, then your personal situation should not influence the outcome of the article or the manner in which it is written.

This section will be read only - meaning the articles can only be read and other members will not be able to post comments. If they would like to do so, a new topic can be opened in one of the other sections and members are free to discuss at length. The reason for this when members start discussing about a topic, it invariably goes off track or the point of the original article gets distorted.

If you are interested and are willing to contribute on a regular basis, please get in touch via email or private message.
    Will the copyright lie with the author?
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yesmohan View Post
    Any astrology related topics would be allowed?
    Yes. Astrology related topics are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Will the copyright lie with the author?
    Yes. The copyright of the article will be with the author.

The legal stuff is updated in the original post.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I volunteer to contribute towards this initiative of yours. Let me know if there is any process to be followed like first get approval on the topic and then get the content proof read for any issues and then post or something like that. Or can I create a group and post there?
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by balaji7820 View Post
    Hi, I volunteer to contribute towards this initiative of yours. Let me know if there is any process to be followed like first get approval on the topic and then get the content proof read for any issues and then post or something like that. Or can I create a group and post there?
    Please let me know on what subjects you can or rather prefer to write.
    Contact - Guidelines

13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Praveen,

How about topics on technology
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    Hi Praveen,

How about topics on technology
    Absolutely.
    As far as topics are concerned, there are no restrictions. Any topic is welcome
    Contact - Guidelines

17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Please let me know on what subjects you can or rather prefer to write.
    Hi Praveen,

I am instinctive about my writing hence its not just one/two areas about which I may write, it could be anything within and without the universe. Ranging from god, country, philosophy, human behavior, religion, spirituality, politics domestic/international, science, technology, nature, weather, etc.

Depending on what has influenced me on a particular day I will write about it.

Having said this, not sure if I have answered your question.

Reg,
    Balaji Iyengar
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast