• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Carnatic,Devotional Music

• Thread starter GopalaswamyShridharan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Praveen Ji,
Thank you very much ...i listen carnatic/devotional music
every day....its awesome....i just feel tamizh manam in the
other side of the planet...away from my tamizh nadu...

regards
tbs

Dear Shri Praveen Ji,

Today only visited the music site. It is a wonderful collection. Please keep it up.

All the best

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Dear Shri.Praveen
It is really wonderful collection and quite enjoyable.It would be nice if the collection is augmented with concert albums of some great artists,if possible.
sadasivam sridharan

Dear Shri.Praveen
It is really wonderful collection and quite enjoyable.It would be nice if the collection is augmented with concert albums of some great artists,if possible.
sadasivam sridharan

hopefully there should be some updates soon and it will be part of it :)

glad you like it :)

Can anyone give translation of Saint Thyagaraja's krithis or the source where we can get it from.
Sridharan

Thyagaraja's Keerthanas on Lord Shiva has translations on the following website

tyAgarAja - shiva kritis - Lyrics and Meaning of Karnatic compositions

Complete book on Thyagaraja's Keerthanas are available with translation in book form at the following website

http://www.hindu-blog.com/2008/11/book-complete-kritis-of-sri-thyagaraja.html

Please try to down load from this website also with translations

http://saranaagathi.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/text-of-tyagaraja-kritis-uploaded/

Last edited:
for folks like, who think that carnatic music snobbishly elite, particularly with its current focus on the trimurthis and non-tamil keertans...

i was in chennai recently.

the wedding concert i attended was performed by sudha raghunathan. refreshingly, most of the songs were tamil, including a couple from recent films.

delighted the audience. :)

perhaps, our musical community, is slowly coming to its senses. you cannot live in tamil nadu and turn your back to tamil, in carnatic music or bharanatyam.

Papanasam Sivan is called Tamizh Thyagaraja for his wide range of songs in different ragas. They are sure delights. GNB, MMI and especially MS have popularised many of his songs. For me, it was like a treasure and i am collecting selective songs with audio links.
& the Oothukadu Venkatasubbier songs are amazing and beautful. They are also quite famous. I believe the present day musicians are also singing these songs.

Papanasam Sivan is called Tamizh Thyagaraja for his wide range of songs in different ragas. They are sure delights. GNB, MMI and especially MS have popularised many of his songs. For me, it was like a treasure and i am collecting selective songs with audio links.
& the Oothukadu Venkatasubbier songs are amazing and beautful. They are also quite famous. I believe the present day musicians are also singing these songs.

i agree re papanasam sivan.

i have found it shameful, that primacy is given to telugu and sanskrit.

carnatic music base is tamil isai, with roots as deep as sangam age.

thyaga came about only 150 years ago.

it is not correct aesthetically or politically to sideline tamil isai classical. i attribute it to the snobbish arrogance of upper class brahmins, with the middle class aping them classlessly.

Dear Praveen ji,
I am regular listerner of canatic music&Devotional songs.It is very pleasing&enjoyable.While listening to slokas if sanskrit&tamil lyrics are diplayed it would be more helpfull for fast memory.Thanks.
Kalyanaraman.

Carnatic,Devotional Music.

Dear Praveen
In the Pancharatna Krithis section the Arabhi raga krithi "Sadhinchine" is missing.It would be great if this is also included to complete the pancharatnas.
S.Sridharan

Let us not forget the contributions made by these stalwarts to Tamil music (not necessarily in the same order).

1. Subramania Bharathi
2. Gopalakrishna Bharathi
3. Periasamy Thooran
4. Arunagirinthar
5. Film lyricists like Kannadasan, Vaali, Marudhakasi, Ka.Mu. Sheriff, Alangudi Somu et al.

Last edited:
yes. Arunagirinathar's Thirupugazh conatainsbeautiful phrase structure with heart melting devotional fervour with various beautiful talas. Bharathiyar, Gopalakrishna Bhaathiyar and Periyasamy thooran, yes, great contribution to music.

D K Pattammal popularised tamil songs. Her grand daughter Nithyasree Mahadeven is also popularising tamil songs. Recently I attended a program of Nithyasree where Gopalakrishna Bharathi's Nandanar Charitram was the full program.

Let others take a clue from the above

I want to know how to down load (audio only) carnatic music,slokas&various articles&send to your forum.Pls let me know the procedure as i am unable to do so.
Kalyanaraman

Songs of dhooran like "thaye thripurasundari" , songs of gopalakrishna bahrathi like "eppo varuvaro, yarukku ponnambalam, tha thai endraduvar", songs of uthukadu like "adadu asangadu, kuzhaludhi manamellam, alaipayude" are all classic wonders. When I hear these songs or when I sang these songs, I totally forget this world at all. Enna dan irundal artham purijindu padum podhu andha suganubavam varthaila solla mudiardilla...

hello, I totally agree. It is always better to sing a song where you understand the meaning.
I was wondering how can I download adaadu asangaadu va song

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back