• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avani Avittam

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koundinya

Bring fond memories. I was 14 years old when my father performed Upanayanam in Ceylon (Sri Lanka, now). My next door neighbour was Rama Gana Sabha and Ganabaadigal lived there. Everyday I performed all three Sandhya Vandanam's without fail. I knew it by heart. Then Hostel and college came and no one was there to enforce and it kind of slipped away. During my Engineering College years, I went to small village near Kutralam with my friend and I remember this Avani Avittam very well. The entire Brahmin community consisted only of Yajur Vedis. I was the only Rig Vedi. My friends father was so kind I performed mine with the help of a neighbouring town's vadiyar, who was also Rig Vedi. This ritual kind of slipped away from me as I left India and settled abroad. As i grow old and as a grand father I am getting back to the Brahmini rituals with my involvement with the temple. I find Rig Vedi's are hard to find. I am trying to find instructions for Rig Veda Avani Avittam to start anew. Hopefully someone will post on like the Yahur Veda one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back