• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No 'kamokarishith japam' for sama vedins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamokarishith japam

Kamo karshith japam is done for not perfroming praichittam for sandyavandhanam. It is a japa during gayatri by saying "KAMO KARSHIT MANURAKARASHIT NAMAHA" praying god to give control of senses such as kama, krodha, moha, lopa etc. to attain moksha.
every brahmin during gayatri japam should chant this.
shankarkrishna
In a audio tape that I have for sama veda upakarma I don't see mention of 'kamokarishith japam' which is typically performed as a "praichittam' for not doing sandhya vandhanam. Are sama vedins exempt from doing kamokarishith japam?

Gopal

It comes between upasthanam and dikvandanam. I dont know about samavedam. Anyhow, tit simply means that we are worshipping sages who conquered lust and anger. It means us that we should also follow them...

Kamokarshith Manyurakarshith Namo Namaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back