• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

2 insights I have had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna
Few years ago, I was once in an intense phase of bhakti that lasted briefly for 3 months. I had 2 insights during this period. However, I do not know how true they are. I have tried asking about them in other places and naturally, skeptics all around mocked at me.

Nevertheless I have not given hope to finding out the truth in them.

If anyone is curious, they are here:

1. Soul is considered genderless. Nevertheless, in Hinduism alone, souls born as males always are born as males (exceptions apply but are very rare) and females are always born as females. In other religions, souls are born as males or females, interchangeably in subsequent births. This means essentially that souls in general are not made to change their religion, except for special circumstances.

2. Kaliyuga will end in AD 15500. That is approx. in another 13,500 yrs. AD 15,500 will be the time when females will start having 2 (or more) husbands and this will be socially accepted. Kaliyuga will end then.

images

If by any chance, any of you meet with a great yogi, kindly verify the above for me.

Last edited:
Few years ago, I was once in an intense phase of bhakti that lasted briefly for 3 months. I had 2 insights during this period. However, I do not know how true they are. I have tried asking about them in other places and naturally, skeptics all around mocked at me.

Nevertheless I have not given hope to finding out the truth in them.

If anyone is curious, they are here:

1. Soul is considered genderless. Nevertheless, in Hinduism alone, souls born as males always are born as males (exceptions apply but are very rare) and females are always born as females. In other religions, souls are born as males or females, interchangeably in subsequent births. This means essentially that souls in general are not made to change their religion, except for special circumstances.

2. Kaliyuga will end in AD 15500. That is approx. in another 13,500 yrs. AD 15,500 will be the time when females will start having 2 (or more) husbands and this will be socially accepted. Kaliyuga will end then.

images

If by any chance, any of you meet with a great yogi, kindly verify the above for me.

dear JR,

Why do you want only a great yogi to verify your insight?

The best are aam aadmi like the rest of us who come up with the best of answers!LOL

So let me start..

1)Technically a soul(if it exists) should be "genderless".

The Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 5 is clear about this:

In fact it states that the Jeevatma is neither male nor female nor neuter..whatever body it takes with that it becomes united.

Avadhuta Geeta too says the same...it says Self is not male nor female nor neuter.

Bhagavad Geeta stated that the Atma is neither male,female or neuter.

Svetasvara Upanishad is clear about souls taking up body of various gender...so I do not think that once a person is born male or female he/she is always the same gender.

2)Ok coming to when Kali yuga ends..you would be surprised to note that different Swamijis have different understandings about Yugas.

Swami Yukteshwar(the Guru of Paramahansa Yogananda) had a total different calculation of the Yuga and its cycles.

In fact he considered the present Yuga as Dwapara Yuga!

He mentioned Dwapara Yuga proper started in year 1900.

According to him Kali Yuga started in 700BC and ended in 1700.

So frankly speaking who is right..no one really knows.

Personally ..I feel that generation,.organization and dissolution is a daily occurrence and I do not feel there will be a total mass dissolution.

Read this link about Swami Yukteshwar's Yuga explanation.

http://theyugas.com/about-the-yugas/overview/overview/

Last edited:
dear JR,

Why do you want only a great yogi to verify your insight?

The best are aam aadmi like the rest of us who come up with the best of answers!LOL

So let me start..

1)Technically a soul(if it exists) should be "genderless".

The Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 5 is clear about this:

In fact it states that the Jeevatma is neither male nor female nor neuter..whatever body it takes with that it becomes united.

Avadhuta Geeta too says the same...it says Self is not male nor female nor neuter.

Bhagavad Geeta stated that the Atma is neither male,female or neuter.

Svetasvara Upanishad is clear about souls taking up body of various gender...so I do not think that once a person is born male or female he/she is always the same gender.

2)Ok coming to when Kali yuga ends..you would be surprised to note that different Swamijis have different understandings about Yugas.

Swami Yukteshwar(the Guru of Paramahansa Yogananda) had a total different calculation of the Yuga and its cycles.

In fact he considered the present Yuga as Dwapara Yuga!

He mentioned Dwapara Yuga proper started in year 1900.

According to him Kali Yuga started in 700BC and ended in 1700.

So frankly speaking who is right..no one really knows.

Personally ..I feel that generation,.organization and dissolution is a daily occurrence and I do not feel there will be a total mass dissolution.

Read this link about Swami Yukteshwar's Yuga explanation.

http://theyugas.com/about-the-yugas/overview/overview/

Dear Renuka,

I think you are misled on BOTH factors I stated:

1. I already stated soul is genderless. It is not the point of what I tried to convey, but rather my insight of how souls are born into either male-hood or female-hood alone in Hindu religion (and not so in other religions).

2. It may be true different people claim different yuga starting periods and durations. But I was crystal clear on what I am talking about, that is, stating the universally accepted 1 AND ONLY Gregorian calendar year to be the ending period of kaliyuga.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I think you are misled on BOTH factors I stated:

1. I already stated soul is genderless. It is not the point of what I tried to convey, but rather my insight of how souls are born into either male-hood or female-hood alone in Hindu religion (and not so in other religions).

2. It may be true different people claim different yuga starting periods and durations. But I was crystal clear on what I am talking about, that is, stating the universally accepted 1 AND ONLY Gregorian calendar year to be the ending period of kaliyuga.

Dear JR,

I think may be I wasnt very clear..in fact when I wrote about the soul being neither male,female nor neuter with back up from religious text..that was only to reinforce that you are right..so why should any skeptic mock you about your insight?
I was trying to tell you 'JR ..you are right..the same is echoed even in the Upanishad and Geetas" I was merely giving the religious back up from Upanishads/Geetas to prove your point.

Ok coming to point No 2 about Yugas..I just choose to inform that there are different calculations and the Yuga now itself is not called Kali Yuga by all.

So even if the Yuga ends in AD 15500..fair enough your insight could be right....but can we say for sure its Kali Yuga?
Cos AD15500 might not be Kali Yuga in all calculations.

Oh well, if it is not Kaliyuga it doesn't matter... because ultimately I'm trying to convey that the world will end at that point. :)

I've asked this question (about 15500 AD) to a learned astrologer and spiritualist with lot of contacts among the spirituality circle... I told him to update his facebook page which I follow since he doesn't know me. I will post updates should I hear anything from him. :)

Dear Sri. JR
The Astrologist and spiritualist you mention, I understand (from your link) is Mr. PVR Narasimha Rao, who is a B Tech graduate. He himself programmed an Astrology Software - Jagannatha Hora (free Down load) and updating the versions now and then.. He is a genius and not a person to be mocked at, in this forum. Very very sorry. Most of the so called Astrologers minting money at Chennai could not even understand his concepts. He is a vedic scholar also.Actually he is spending money in Astrological research.He never earned money in Astrology. In case if you could not understand him quit his website or ask direct questions to him. Instead coming to this forum and making mockery reference is something...... again Iam very very sorry.
yesmohan

How sad..I would be dead by then!LOL

This being in religion section, I could not post my comment. LOL
Now that it is not in religion section all bets are off.
Why limit to 2 and that also wait til 15500 AD?
Draupadi married 5, and Kunti did not even have to marry.

Polyandry in India refers to the historical practice of polyandry, whereby a woman has two or more husbands at the same time, on the Indian subcontinent or the current practice of polyandry in the country India. The popular Hindu epic Mahabharatha provides the first striking example: Draupadi, daughter of king of Panchāla, married to five brothers.[SUP]][/SUP] Polyandry was mainly prevalent in the Kinnaur Region a part of Himachal in India which is close to the Tibet or currently the Indo-China border. As mentioned in the Epic Mahabharata, The Pandavas were banished from their Kingdom for thirteen years and they spent the last year hiding in this hilly terrain of Kinnaur. A minority of the Kinaauri's still claim to be descendant of the Pandavas and thus justify the practice of Polyandry. However this is a debatable issue as Kinnauris existed much before the Pandavas as mentioned in the epic. Apart from Kinnaur, Polyandry was practised in south India among the Todas tribes of Nilgiris, Nairs of Travancore and Ezhavas of Malabar. While polyandrous unions have disappeared from the traditions of many of the groups and tribes, it is still practiced by some Paharis especially in Jaunsar Bawar region in Northern India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry_in_India

Last edited:
Dear Sri. JR
The Astrologist and spiritualist you mention, I understand (from your link) is Mr. PVR Narasimha Rao, who is a B Tech graduate. He himself programmed an Astrology Software - Jagannatha Hora (free Down load) and updating the versions now and then.. He is a genius and not a person to be mocked at, in this forum. Very very sorry. Most of the so called Astrologers minting money at Chennai could not even understand his concepts. He is a vedic scholar also.Actually he is spending money in Astrological research.He never earned money in Astrology. In case if you could not understand him quit his website or ask direct questions to him. Instead coming to this forum and making mockery reference is something...... again Iam very very sorry.
yesmohan

Sorry sir, you misunderstood me. I'm a serious spiritualist too (in the sense I do daily sadhana and have been doing so for a very long time). This thread is not a mockery of anyone or any belief - I'm a staunch Vaishnava who believes in Kaliyuga and this thread is the by-product of some insight I seriously had.

By the way, I have been following Shri. Narasimha PVR Rao's writings for the past 10 yrs... both in his vedic-astrology Yahoo group as well as in his vedicastrologer.org website. I am a number 1 fan of him which is why I chose to address my query to him. I sent him an email just yesterday night with this query (about AD 15500 being end of kaliyuga). It doesn't occur to me why you thought I'm making "mockery reference of him" when he is not even posting in this website!!!

Infact, I feel you are mocking at me for posting my genuine insight and I am very offended.

Mr. JR,

I did not mock at you, I felt very very sorry for yourself furnishing the web link of Mr.PVR . I Hope what I said is do not come to your " in sight ".

yesmohan

Mr. JR,

I did not mock at you, I felt very very sorry for yourself furnishing the web link of Mr.PVR . I Hope what I said is do not come to your " in sight ".

yesmohan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back