• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramayana is Real, Say Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramayana is Real, Say Experts

Jun 23, 2015

attachment.php
attachment.php

New research carried out by anthropological scientists from the Estonian Biocentre and the University of Delhi claims that events of the mythological epic Ramayana occurred in reality thousands of years ago. Scientists say that results of their genetic studies, with existing data, show genetic signatures of tribal groups featured in the Ramayana such as the Gonds, Kols and Bhils. Gonds are a prominent group in Adilabad district of Telangana.

Researchers claimed that populations in the Indian subcontinent can trace their ancestors to more than 60,000 years back. Scientists say that this is proof of the authenticity and actual occurrence of the events described in Ramayana, which would have occurred more than 12,000 years ago. The Gonds, Kols and Bhils are believed to be the ancient tribal groups of the region and have found mention in the Ramayana. Authenticity of the mythological text has been questioned several times. While there have been voices proclaiming the authenticity of the Ramayana, research to prove it has increased in recent times.

Dr Vadlamudi Raghavendra Rao, professor of anthropology, University of Delhi, and one of the authors of the study, said, “Definitely, the events described in Ramayana occurred in real. Our research has showed close genetic affinity of these tribes to other ethnic groups. We have shown that there is continuity in the populations groups living here. Other researchers are working to prove other angles of this.”

The study was carried out by Estonian Biocentre researcher Gyaneshwar Chaubey, Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas, Dr Saroj Bala and Dr Raghavendra Rao. The Bhil, Kol and Gond are three major Indian tribes that have been widely acknowledged in the epic Ramayana, particularly in the chapters Ayodhyakanda, Aranyakanda and Kishkindhakanda. Gonds are prominently found in Adilabad district and other states and number about 40 lakh.

The research study says since these tribes are inhabitants of the country since the Stone Age, their genetic affinity to existing populations show the authenticity of the Ramayana.

Researchers said these tribal groups form a closed cluster with Dravidian groups, known as inhabitants of South India.

http://www.indiadivine.org/ramayana-is-real-say-experts/

Attachments

• ramayana-01.jpg
    ramayana-01.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 823
  • ramayana-02.jpg
    ramayana-02.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 364
I never had any doubt after watching the Seetha Gufa (Seetha's cave) and the spot where Surpanaka's nose was cut in Nashik...Long live Ramayana, the story of Rama & Seetha with eternal moral values!

If somebody were to pen a novel combining dragons, goblins, chettiars, nadars, iyers, kodaikanal, and ooty hills, does it make the fantasy any more real?

I too believe that Ramayan is real...cos I want to believe the handsome, sexy and powerful Ravan existed..It would be sad if he was just a figment of someone's imagination!

Ravan Ji Ki Jai!

I think you are Mani Ratnam's fan.

What about Raman? Was he handsome or not?

I too believe that Ramayan is real...cos I want to believe the handsome, sexy and powerful Ravan existed..It would be sad if he was just a figment of someone's imagination!

Ravan Ji Ki Jai!

And Surpanaka and Mandothari ki jai!

--for the same reasons. LOL.

Dear PJ ji,

The Shri Ram in my altar has winked at me several times... (3 times).

I heard that winking is foremost among signs that a devata recognizes your sadhana towards him/her.

This also shows to me the invincible Chakravarthy Shri Ram and his bhakta Hanuman are real! :) :)

Dear PJ ji,

I heard that winking is foremost among signs that a devata recognizes your sadhana towards him/her.

This also shows to me the invincible Chakravarthy Shri Ram and his bhakta Hanuman are real! :) :)

you are right Smt JR Ji; He accepts your Bakthi.

Dear PJ ji,

Dear JR,

I once had an unusual dream about Lord Rama last year..well may be some might call it my imagination but since you have had experiences yourself..let me share it with you.

In my dream I see a good looking person who tells me He is Lord Rama..He does not look like any drawing of Him that we see.

His looks very well defined and perfect fine features.

Ok this is the funny part..in my dream He tells me that I (renuka) have to try to escape from a place that looks like a maze and He said He will try to stop me and I need to fight Him to escape in order to win.

So a nice movie like fight ensures! No weapons..its more of like what we see in Shaolin fights..no violence either.

I somehow manage to escape the place and then I run outside and I see Him outside smiling at me saying you have won and He gave me a new name..He said from now on I should call myself with that new name.

Strange? Well I hope it was not my imagination or was it? cos I am actually fond of Ravan but yet I dreamt of Rama!

May be Lord Rama knows how much I adore Ravan and gave me a chance to fight with Him to be 'Ravan" too!LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Who is Ravan? He is afterall one of Jaya-Vijaya, the gatekeepers of Vaikuntha. He therefore definitely has merits...

I have had some kinda spiritual dreams on and off...

The most recent dream is a funny one.

You know the word, "adiyaar"? It denotes those who are subservient - like disciples. The test in the dream was to see if I utter this word or anything similar to it, and if I did, I 'failed' the test.

Ok, the test went on... 1st round. I was questioned this and that (don't remember what). I answered everything and never uttered 'adiyaar' and I passed with flying colors!

Then came round 2... I was given something to eat... from some hotel. I say in the dream, "this seems to be from Adyar Anandha Bhavan"! And Lo! I failed the test! Because "Adyar" sounds familiar to "adiyaar".... :)

Don't know what the test was about till date....

LOL.

Dear JR,

I once had an unusual dream about Lord Rama last year..well may be some might call it my imagination but since you have had experiences yourself..let me share it with you.

In my dream I see a good looking person who tells me He is Lord Rama..He does not look like any drawing of Him that we see.

His looks very well defined and perfect fine features.

Ok this is the funny part..in my dream He tells me that I (renuka) have to try to escape from a place that looks like a maze and He said He will try to stop me and I need to fight Him to escape in order to win.

So a nice movie like fight ensures! No weapons..its more of like what we see in Shaolin fights..no violence either.

I somehow manage to escape the place and then I run outside and I see Him outside smiling at me saying you have won and He gave me a new name..He said from now on I should call myself with that new name.

Strange? Well I hope it was not my imagination or was it? cos I am actually fond of Ravan but yet I dreamt of Rama!

May be Lord Rama knows how much I adore Ravan and gave me a chance to fight with Him to be 'Ravan" too!LOL

:) :thumb:

It is very telling of Brahmin society in knowing we like Ravana over Rama. Both men are described by Adikavi Valmiki to be very handsome and also very learned. Ravana's sin, however was thinking of himself over the welfare of others, while Rama was firm in the conviction that a True Man's calling was to be protector and example to his people, even at the cost of his personal desires.

Everybody has seen Lord RAMA. Some at least in dreams, had Shaolin fights. I am the only unfortunate person, I presume.But , I have a chance to come across a Horoscope of Lord Rama in my friend's Pooja room. I just winked at it, to find some scientific (astronomical ) mistake / flaw.

Sun in Aries, Navami thithi, Punarpoosam Star, Moon in kadkam ( cancer) Is this position may come at any point of time scientifically?

Everybody has seen Lord RAMA. Some at least in dreams, had Shaolin fights. I am the only unfortunate person, I presume.But , I have a chance to come across a Horoscope of Lord Rama in my friend's Pooja room. I just winked at it, to find some scientific (astronomical ) mistake / flaw.

Sun in Aries, Navami thithi, Punarpoosam Star, Moon in kadkam ( cancer) Is this position may come at any point of time scientifically?

somewhere in the internet, it was written that this planetary combination occurred somewhere in 5100 B.C. or so. But then our so-called religious bhaktas should be answering whether it was Treta Yuga or not!

The most practical approach will be to accept Rama as Supreme God or Avatar of some god, or to reject him as a mere literary character, on par with trillions of such characters in the world's literature. Do we waste time finding out whether some novel character was real, what was his horoscope etc.?

somewhere in the internet, it was written that this planetary combination occurred somewhere in 5100 B.C. or so. But then our so-called religious bhaktas should be answering whether it was Treta Yuga or not!

The most practical approach will be to accept Rama as Supreme God or Avatar of some god, or to reject him as a mere literary character, on par with trillions of such characters in the world's literature. Do we waste time finding out whether some novel character was real, what was his horoscope etc.?
Sir, I beg to differ since Sun in ARIES, NAVAMI THITHI and PUNARPOOSAM STAR.... ALL COULD NOT COMBINE TOGETHER........
many people has quoted this in books,evidencing with scientific explanations.

Sir, I beg to differ since Sun in ARIES, NAVAMI THITHI and PUNARPOOSAM STAR.... ALL COULD NOT COMBINE TOGETHER........
many people has quoted this in books,evidencing with scientific explanations.

Shri yesmohan,

Navani tithi means the angular distance between sun and moon is between 96 degrees and 108 degrees. Hope you will agree. Since sun is said to be in Mesha and moon in Punarpoosam (Mithunam or Katakam), is it not possible to get all the three sonditions satisfied? Just my doubt please.

Shri yesmohan,

Navani tithi means the angular distance between sun and moon is between 96 degrees and 108 degrees. Hope you will agree. Since sun is said to be in Mesha and moon in Punarpoosam (Mithunam or Katakam), is it not possible to get all the three sonditions satisfied? Just my doubt please.

Yes sir. you are absolutely correct.

No contradiction. Reference 1 is treta yuga. Ref2 and some more references have to be added, and dropped when clever souls decree so. The primary reference does not change with time, but secondary references keep changing all the time. Even today's events have multiple versions and lies.

Bhakts have no difficulty in reconciling inner and outer apparent incongruities, only abhakts and kudruks have digestion problems.

Our traditional knowledge system says that yagams can be performed for specific needs and benefits. Last week, a small town in gujarat, decided to take a holiday - shops and schools closed, suspended economic, money making and other routine work, and the entire population did a yagam for rains. In kerala too every year yagams are performed for a specific phalam or for the welfare of mankind. They are not diverted or swayed by doubting thomases or stone throwing non believers.

Our traditional knowledge system says that yagams can be performed for specific needs and benefits. Last week, a small town in gujarat, decided to take a holiday - shops and schools closed, suspended economic, money making and other routine work, and the entire population did a yagam for rains. In kerala too every year yagams are performed for a specific phalam or for the welfare of mankind. They are not diverted or swayed by doubting thomases or stone throwing non believers.
At least, the yagams in kerala are done with publicity and money making objectives. No other phalams!

no contradiction. Reference 1 is treta yuga. Ref2 and some more references have to be added, and dropped when clever souls decree so. The primary reference does not change with time, but secondary references keep changing all the time. Even today's events have multiple versions and lies.

Bhakts have no difficulty in reconciling inner and outer apparent incongruities, only abhakts and kudruks have digestion problems.

there is no question of belief or disbelief, i have pointed out the error in the horoscope with all my humble knowledge in astronomy and astrology.

At least, the yagams in kerala are done with publicity and money making objectives. No other phalams!

One ref. More information available in the net. It seems even tamilnadu benefited and got rains.

12-day 'Athirathram' comes to an end

April 19, 2011

Twelve days of ‘chanting of mantras’ and ‘performing homam’ at the panoramic village of Panjal, near Shoranur, came to an end on Friday night.

At the end of 'Athirathram', an ancient Vedic ritual that is considered to be the ultimate invocation of scriptures, the Yajamanan (Puthillathu Ramanujan Akkithiripad) and Yajamanapathni (Dhanyapathanaadi) of the ritual ceremonially left the Yagashala carrying the fire from the altar to their house, where they would keep it burning.

As thousands of people watched, the Yagashala in the vicinity of Panjal Lakshmi Narayana temple was ceremonially set on fire at 10 p.m. marking the conclusion of the 12-day ritual.
Those present at the venue claimed that a ‘garuda’ (eagle) was seen flying over the ‘Yagasala’ early in the day, which experts claimed a good omen.

Heavy rain that fell over the area delayed the final rituals for sometime. By letting members of various castes and communities to witness the Vedic rites, the Athiratram is said to have reflected the spirit of the changing times in Kerala.

Lakhs of people witnessed the Yagam, which was once considered the preserve of the Brahmins. The ritual is aimed at promoting universal brotherhood, peace, solidarity, prosperity, and spiritual enlightenment.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/fr...thirathram-comes-to-an-end/article1701290.ece

In the Podhigai Tv it was explained very beautifully during the discourse of Ramayana by Sri Velukkudi and the places he visited along with many people with the sequence of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back