Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ramayana is Real, Say Experts

0 Not allowed!
    Ramayana is Real, Say Experts

Jun 23, 2015

New research carried out by anthropological scientists from the Estonian Biocentre and the University of Delhi claims that events of the mythological epic Ramayana occurred in reality thousands of years ago. Scientists say that results of their genetic studies, with existing data, show genetic signatures of tribal groups featured in the Ramayana such as the Gonds, Kols and Bhils. Gonds are a prominent group in Adilabad district of Telangana.

Researchers claimed that populations in the Indian subcontinent can trace their ancestors to more than 60,000 years back. Scientists say that this is proof of the authenticity and actual occurrence of the events described in Ramayana, which would have occurred more than 12,000 years ago. The Gonds, Kols and Bhils are believed to be the ancient tribal groups of the region and have found mention in the Ramayana. Authenticity of the mythological text has been questioned several times. While there have been voices proclaiming the authenticity of the Ramayana, research to prove it has increased in recent times.

Dr Vadlamudi Raghavendra Rao, professor of anthropology, University of Delhi, and one of the authors of the study, said, “Definitely, the events described in Ramayana occurred in real. Our research has showed close genetic affinity of these tribes to other ethnic groups. We have shown that there is continuity in the populations groups living here. Other researchers are working to prove other angles of this.”

The study was carried out by Estonian Biocentre researcher Gyaneshwar Chaubey, Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas, Dr Saroj Bala and Dr Raghavendra Rao. The Bhil, Kol and Gond are three major Indian tribes that have been widely acknowledged in the epic Ramayana, particularly in the chapters Ayodhyakanda, Aranyakanda and Kishkindhakanda. Gonds are prominently found in Adilabad district and other states and number about 40 lakh.

The research study says since these tribes are inhabitants of the country since the Stone Age, their genetic affinity to existing populations show the authenticity of the Ramayana.

Researchers said these tribal groups form a closed cluster with Dravidian groups, known as inhabitants of South India.

http://www.indiadivine.org/ramayana-...l-say-experts/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ramayana-01.jpg   ramayana-02.jpg  
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I never had any doubt after watching the Seetha Gufa (Seetha's cave) and the spot where Surpanaka's nose was cut in Nashik...Long live Ramayana, the story of Rama & Seetha with eternal moral values!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    If somebody were to pen a novel combining dragons, goblins, chettiars, nadars, iyers, kodaikanal, and ooty hills, does it make the fantasy any more real?

TCK
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I too believe that Ramayan is real...cos I want to believe the handsome, sexy and powerful Ravan existed..It would be sad if he was just a figment of someone's imagination!

Ravan Ji Ki Jai!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I think you are Mani Ratnam's fan.

What about Raman? Was he handsome or not?
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    I too believe that Ramayan is real...cos I want to believe the handsome, sexy and powerful Ravan existed..It would be sad if he was just a figment of someone's imagination!

Ravan Ji Ki Jai!
    And Surpanaka and Mandothari ki jai!

--for the same reasons. LOL.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear PJ ji,

The Shri Ram in my altar has winked at me several times... (3 times).

I heard that winking is foremost among signs that a devata recognizes your sadhana towards him/her.

This also shows to me the invincible Chakravarthy Shri Ram and his bhakta Hanuman are real!
    Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu!
    Jai Shri Ram!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Dear PJ ji,

I heard that winking is foremost among signs that a devata recognizes your sadhana towards him/her.

This also shows to me the invincible Chakravarthy Shri Ram and his bhakta Hanuman are real!
    you are right Smt JR Ji; He accepts your Bakthi.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu!
    Jai Shri Ram!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Dear PJ ji,

Dear JR,

I once had an unusual dream about Lord Rama last year..well may be some might call it my imagination but since you have had experiences yourself..let me share it with you.

In my dream I see a good looking person who tells me He is Lord Rama..He does not look like any drawing of Him that we see.

His looks very well defined and perfect fine features.

Ok this is the funny part..in my dream He tells me that I (renuka) have to try to escape from a place that looks like a maze and He said He will try to stop me and I need to fight Him to escape in order to win.

So a nice movie like fight ensures! No weapons..its more of like what we see in Shaolin fights..no violence either.

I somehow manage to escape the place and then I run outside and I see Him outside smiling at me saying you have won and He gave me a new name..He said from now on I should call myself with that new name.

Strange? Well I hope it was not my imagination or was it? cos I am actually fond of Ravan but yet I dreamt of Rama!

May be Lord Rama knows how much I adore Ravan and gave me a chance to fight with Him to be 'Ravan" too!LOL
    Last edited by renuka; 26-06-2015 at 07:42 AM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast