Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

'My activity' and 'Friends'.

0 Not allowed!

It is good to have friends in our forum. But when a member accepts some friend requests, all the posts of those friends appear in

'My activity' column of that member, whether the posts are read or not! Even for members with zero activity, the posts by their

friends appears in his / her activity column! Is it possible to make only the messages posted by a member, appear in that column?

I hesitate to accept 'Friend request' only for this reason.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    RR Mam,

When you accept one friend's request, all the postings of that friend will appear in 'My activity' column. Just click your name, then you will find only postings of yours and not that of your friend's. It is easy and just a click away.:-)
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by V.Balasubramani View Post
    ... When you accept one friend's request, all the postings of that friend will appear in 'My activity' column. Just click your name, then you will find only postings of yours and not that of your friend's. It is easy and just a click away.:-)
    I know that 'click'. But my question is, when a member does not even exist in forum (zero activity) why should all the posts

by the past friends occupy the cyber space? Is it not enough to have only the posts made by the member in 'My activity'?
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A friend's friend need not be our friend.

Praveen Ji may please look into this.:-)
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    I know that 'click'. But my question is, when a member does not even exist in forum (zero activity) why should all the posts

by the past friends occupy the cyber space? Is it not enough to have only the posts made by the member in 'My activity'?
    I do not know the legal requirement to hold the original post.
    That post need not be duplicated so cyber space is not used. When it appears in your "friends" post it is merely a pointer to the original post. It may be misleading but data is not duplicated.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    I do not know the legal requirement to hold the original post.
    That post need not be duplicated so cyber space is not used. When it appears in your "friends" post it is merely a pointer to the original post. It may be misleading but data is not duplicated.
    If space is NOT wasted, it is fine! Thank you Prasad Sir.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.