• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

some funs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two young men with equal qualifications apply for the same job. In order to determine which individual to hire, the manager gives them a written test.

Both men score nine out of 10 on the test; however, the manager decides to go with the first applicant.

"Why would you do that?" asks the rejected second applicant. "We both got nine questions correct."

"Your fellow applicant wrote 'I don't know' for question five. You put down, 'Neither do I.'"

One day, a farmer in India, while ploughing a field, finds a large round stone. He takes it to a Sadhu (Holy man), who advices him to find out its true value.
The farmer takes it to an orange-seller, who offers him 5 oranges in exchange for the stone.
The farmer refuses and goes to a vegetable-seller, who offers him 5 cauliflowers in exchange for the stone.
The farmer refuses it and goes to a moneylender. The moneylender offers him 10 gold coins for the stone.
The farmer refuses and goes to a jeweller, who offers him 100 gold coins.
Finally, he takes the stone to the royal treasury, where the treasurer examines the stone and replies,
"This is the largest uncut ruby in the whole world. It is priceless". The farmer returns to the Sadhu who tells him,
"This human birth is priceless! We evaluate our worth, based on whom we meet in life.
We barter our precious life for a few oranges, or a few gold coins, when actually, our soul is priceless.

One day, a farmer in India, while ploughing a field, finds a large round stone. He takes it to a Sadhu (Holy man), who advices him to find out its true value.
The farmer takes it to an orange-seller, who offers him 5 oranges in exchange for the stone.
The farmer refuses and goes to a vegetable-seller, who offers him 5 cauliflowers in exchange for the stone.
The farmer refuses it and goes to a moneylender. The moneylender offers him 10 gold coins for the stone.
Finally, he takes the stone to the royal treasury, where the treasurer examines the stone and replies,
"This is the largest uncut ruby in the whole world. It is priceless". The farmer returns to the Sadhu who tells him,
"This human birth is priceless! We evaluate our worth, based on whom we meet in life.
We barter our precious life for a few oranges, or a few gold coins, when actually, our soul is priceless.

Shri talwan sir,

I agree that our 'soul' may be priceless. But there can be no 'we' or 'I' without that soul being in the physical bodt/bodies. And, different people take births in different circumstances and once you are born, it becomes inescapable for you to "live" and for making a living, each person has to do as best as he/she can in the given circumstances. This does not mean "bartering" our soul.

In the last line of your post, there is a mix-up of life and soul which are two separate things, imho.

did the royal treasury give him the priceless amount of money or not!

did the royal treasury give him the priceless amount of money or not!
Renukaji,
I guess not. Had it given he would not have gone back to the Sadhu. If He were in Tamil Nadu, he might have gone to a TASMAC.
LOL.
alwan

Shri talwan sir,

I agree that our 'soul' may be priceless. But there can be no 'we' or 'I' without that soul being in the physical bodt/bodies. And, different people take births in different circumstances and once you are born, it becomes inescapable for you to "live" and for making a living, each person has to do as best as he/she can in the given circumstances. This does not mean "bartering" our soul.

In the last line of your post, there is a mix-up of life and soul which are two separate things, imho.
Sangomji,
I think the Sadhu means 'bartering' as yielding off one's mind to the material things surrounding us whereas He wants us to have 'self realisation- Atma gnanam' and we should strive for the eternal bliss.Alwan

Funny-Jokes-for-Life-8.jpg

Renukaji,
Overheating of the car I understand, due to the Carburetor.
In the case of Husband?
Alwan

dear Alwan ji,

There is a line in Malay that goes "Sudah Stim"

That means a person is all steamed up and ready!LOL

I hope you get the meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back