• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"steamed dosa"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"STEAMED DOSA"

Source: S.v.Ramani

Ingredients for Steamed Dosa :

2 cups Idli rice
1 cup rice flakes (aVAL - அவல்)
1 cup Urad dal
salt to taste
1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa

How to make Steamed Dosa :

Prepare a Dosa Batter :

Mix Rice and urad dal, wash them with water 4-5 times. Mix them along with rice flakes and Soak them in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.

Drain water and grind the mixture to a very fine paste. Add salt and mix the batter properly.

Cover it and keep it at room temperature, allow it to ferment for 12 hours or overnight. Keep it in a large bowl with only half filled with the grinned mixture.

Next Morning, the batter will rise from its level and becomes very creamy. This shows that it got fermented properly.

Make Steamed Dosa :

Heat Dosa tava or non-stick flat pan over medium-high flame. Sprinkle few drops of water to check whether the pan is sufficiently hot or not. When the water drops starts cracking, rub the pan with a cloth.

Now, spread 1 table-spoon of oil on the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of dosa batter on the pan and make a thick circular dosa. Keep the flame to medium. Cover dosa with a lid to cook under steam.

After 2 minutes sprinkle 1 table-spoon oil on the sides of dosa and again cover the lid. Roast the dosa from one side only until it gets golden brown.

Steamed Dosa is ready to serve with chutney and sambar.

1 1/2 table-spoon Oil to make each dosa
The idea of making steamed dhOsA is to reduce oil and this seems to be too much for dieters!

Using nonstick tAwA and a high dome lid, a few drops of oil - just for taste - would suffice. :cool:

The idea of making steamed dhOsA is to reduce oil and this seems to be too much for dieters!

Using nonstick tAwA and a high dome lid, a few drops of oil - just for taste - would suffice. :cool:

A Request

PLEASE POST YOUR OWN RECIPES OF YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS

A Request

PLEASE POST YOUR OWN RECIPES OF YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS
Dear P J Sir,

That is exactly what I am doing! I don't want to open a new thread JUST to point out how to minimize the use of oil!
BTW, I wonder why you want ONLY
cheer2.gif
in all the threads you start even while the matter is written by someone else! :D

Dear P J Sir,

That is exactly what I am doing! I don't want to open a new thread JUST to point out how to minimize the use of oil!
cheer2.gif
in all the threads you start even while the matter is written by someone else! :D

If i had opened a thread ( by over look ) ( ALL THE THREADS!!!! )
which was already opened by someone else, they can very well report it, and Moderator will take suitable action on that; You can also report my thread if any of my thread is duplicating another thread posted after the original thread was posted.

I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY RECIPE , METHOD OF PREPARATION OR ANY PART OF INGREDIENTS ( Based on some source) on THE BASIS OF YOUR COMMENT>>

SO KEEP :tape:

Last edited:
........... I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY RECIPE , METHOD OF PREPARATION OR ANY PART OF INGREDIENTS on THE BASIS OF YOUR COMMENT>>

SO KEEP :tape:
MY RECIPE!!! :lol:

I am sorry to say this - It is NOT your recipe, Sir!

Sri. S. V. Ramani has taken pains to post this elsewhere and you are 'chuttufying'! :typing:

BTW, you can't ask me to :tape: because this forum is owned by Sri. Praveen! :)

Last edited:
I thought P J Sir will appreciate me for adding information about reducing the usage of oil in the steamed dhOsA!

But it will never happen! :nono:

i thought p j sir will appreciate me for adding information about reducing the usage of oil in the steamed dhosa!

But it will never happen! :nono:

all my threads are based on some source:

Unless you change your way of pointing out any mistake/ adding additional info<

i am not going to appreciate any of your comments

I am least bothered by your comments

Last edited:
If we eat one dhOsA in a restaurant, we eat three or four at home!

Four dhOsAs with one and half table spoons of oil in each, will feed a person with 60 ml oil!

OMG!! :dizzy:

One lady in my circle of relatives, uses lot of oil to season each item like sambAr, rasam and curry; I use minimum oil for cooking!

Once, she saw me heating about 100 ml oil and asked whether I season both sambAr and rasam with that oil. I replied that the oil

is for frying appaLams - I make one appaLam into four, for easy storing and less of eating!
icon3.png

She was spellbound when I started frying the appaLams! :D

I still wonder what is wrong in the follwing post!

Well I feel PJ Sir suspects that your comments are not genuine and mostly sarcastic in nature and he has also pointed out the same in the following message

Unless you change your way of pointing out any mistake/ adding additional info<

i am not going to appreciate any of your comments

Cool, P J Sir! I don't expect any appreciation from you.

That is why I wrote, 'It will never happen'!!

So many others exist on the earth to do that! :thumb:

Dear P J Sir,

cheer2.gif

THIS IS AN IRRELEVANT To OP as you always do it.

Who are you to question that and do you mean to say that ALL MY THREADS I START IS ALREADY WRIITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE ?

I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME OLD WOMAN WHO HAVE CROSSED 60 or 65 , have abnormal mental condition due to the changes happening in their Physical condition, but they are not this extreme or irrelevant .

Last edited:
1. THIS IS AN IRRELEVANT To OP as you always do it.

2. Who are you to question that and do you mean to say that ALL MY THREADS I START IS ALREADY WRIITTEN BY SOMEONE ELSE ?

3. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME OLD WOMAN WHO HAVE CROSSED 60 or 65 , have abnormal mental condition due to the changes happening in their Physical condition, but they are not this extreme or irrelevant .
1. Are you NOT aware how each thread grows in our forum? :bump2:

2. I only say that you are chuttufying the recipes from others!

Try to post at least one new recipe of your own, please! :)

3. WOW! This line IS very very relevant to the OP about steamed dhOsA'!!! :lol:

P.S: Too much of :mad2: is very injurious to health! So keep :cool: and take care, P J Sir!!
cheer2.gif

LOL!

I missed some Dosa fight here!

I can imagine PJ sir and RR ji as master chefs in a kitchen and start fighting and throwing Dosas and Idlis at each other! ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back