Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 6/0

Gayatri Mantra - Meaning and Translation

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Prayer: Om Bhoor bhuwah swah, tat savitur varenyam Bhargo devasya dheemahi, Dhiyo yo nah pra-chodayaat

Meaning: God is dear to me like my own breath, He is the Dispeller of my pains, and Giver of happiness. I meditate on the supremely adorable Light of the Divine Creator, that it may inspire my thought and understanding.
  2. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Nice
  4. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/7
    Given: 23/3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunita View Post
    Prayer: Om Bhoor bhuwah swah, tat savitur varenyam Bhargo devasya dheemahi, Dhiyo yo nah pra-chodayaat

Meaning: God is dear to me like my own breath, He is the Dispeller of my pains, and Giver of happiness. I meditate on the supremely adorable Light of the Divine Creator, that it may inspire my thought and understanding.
    "God is dear to me like my own breath, He is the Dispeller of my pains, and Giver of happiness." This portion does not seem to be supported by the above Gayatri Mantra.
  6. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Gayathri Manthra

Quote Originally Posted by sangom View Post
    "God is dear to me like my own breath, He is the Dispeller of my pains, and Giver of happiness." This portion does not seem to be supported by the above Gayatri Mantra.
    Diyaha - buddhi
    Yaha - which
    naha - mine
    prachodayaath - invigorates
    thath - that
    savithuhu - my maker
    varenyam - supreme
    bargaha - brahman
    devasya - with light
    deenahi - i propitiate

Om - Pranava (comprosing of Aapthi - desire, Uthkarsham - effort taken to fulfill the desire, Mukthi - fulfillment of desire)
    Bhoohu - generator,
    Bhuvaha - organiser
    suvaha - destroyer.

That supreme Brahman which has created me may improve my intelligence, I propitiate the same
  8. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

“O Effulgent, Infinite, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent being,
    bless me with Right Understanding and Clarity of Thinking.”
    - Gayatri Mantra (Rig Veda)

(Meaning by Swami Srikantanandaji
    Personality Development Course V.I.H.E*)

*Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence, Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad
  10. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Very good Student of Vihe

Please keep it up

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by StudentofVihe View Post
    O Effulgent, Infinite, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent being,
    bless me with Right Understanding and Clarity of Thinking.

12. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 7/0

Gayatri Mantra - Meaning and Translation

Very interesting thread. Some years ago I had come across an article by Swami Chinmayananda mentioning that he got a copy of the commentary to Gayathri Manthra by Sri Adi Sankaracharya given to him at Devaprayag by a Pundit, which he had published in the article. Unfortunately I could not retrieve the same now. I request "Sri Sangom" or any of other members who know about the same to post the commentry in our Forum.

Regards,
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore
  14. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/7
    Given: 23/3

Quote Originally Posted by Brahmanyan View Post
    Very interesting thread. Some years ago I had come across an article by Swami Chinmayananda mentioning that he got a copy of the commentary to Gayathri Manthra by Sri Adi Sankaracharya given to him at Devaprayag by a Pundit, which he had published in the article. Unfortunately I could not retrieve the same now. I request "Sri Sangom" or any of other members who know about the same to post the commentry in our Forum.

Regards,
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore
    Dear Shri Brahmanyan,

Gayatree-Sankara Bhashyamu, a Telugu book is available at

http://ia700208.us.archive.org/15/it...023779mbp.djvu

for free download. If some member knowing Telugu translates it into English and posts here, it will benefit many. I don't know Telugu.
    एकं सद्विप्रा नैव जानन्ति ।
  16. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by StudentofVihe View Post
    O Effulgent, Infinite, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent being,
    bless me with Right Understanding and Clarity of Thinking.

Thanks for this
  18. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0

One need to have the knowledge of significance of Gayathri, because we are taught at
    the time of Upanayanam itself by the Sastrigals and the elders. Gayathri is known
    mother of all Vedas or we can call it as Vedamatha also. If one is totally devoted,
    without any deviation while chanting Gayathri Mantra, one can take it as granted
    as achievement or attainment of great success in life and in other words, it takes
    one to the path of self-advancement inspiring a righteous wisdom.

Balasubramanian
    Ambattur
  20. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast