• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பவித்ரம் (Pavithram)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskarams to everybody,

I would like to know how many types of pavithrams (made of dharba) are there? Is it necessary to wear pavithrams made of two grass (dharba) while performing auspicious poojas like Saraswathi, Ganesh, etc. at home? I know that we should wear pavithram made of three dharbas while performing Amavasai Dharpanams. And mostly, wearing pavithrams is concerned with gothrams?

I would be very grateful to everybody who can clarify these doubts.

அன்புடன்

suresh kumar

Thre are 3 kind of karmas namely auspicious karma, Pithru jkarma aparakarma.to the best of my knopwledge this has no relation to ghothram.use single dharba pavitham for apara karma, 2 dharba pavithram forSuba karm,as/kamya karmas, 3 dharba pavitram forPitru karma. In pithro karma the koorcham can of 3/5 dharbas

The Pavithram has the casity to protect us from the vibrations that we receive when doing rituals.

If you do big yaga with 16 Brahmans Srautha Soothram with a Brahman seated as Bramma, the bramma should wear Nava katcha and 18 Dharbha Pavithram. This is because if you chant a manthra with mistake, the brahman pose as brahma should not get angry.

This was told my my uncle, Goodaloore Ramachandran sastrigal who is 97 and now at Kumbhakonam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back