• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar Temple, Mohanur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar Temple, Mohanur

sammohana-krishnan.jpg

The Temple

Mohanur is located in Namakkal district of Tamilnadu. It is a small village situated on the bank of river Cauvery. This town panchayat is located 19 km from Namakkal and 13 km from Karur. Satyanarayana Pooja will be conducted every Tiruvonam star day in this temple. Mohanur is having a special feature where river cauvery is flowing from north to south direction. -

Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar temple is one of the famous temples located in Mohanur. Padmavathi thayar is the consort for Lord Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar. This temple is believed to be 500 years old. There is a history behind the origin of this temple.

The deity is made of panchaloka and very beautiful.

Temple History

A devotee of Lord Venkatachalapathy used to visit Tirumala during Brahmorchavam every year. On that particular year he was not able to go there because he had paralytic attack. So he was not able to walk to have a darshan of the lord. He got fed up and went to cauvery river to end his life. By that time a snake appeared before him and did not let him to commit suicide. Lord told in his dream that he was in the ant hill. The devotee found his idol in that ant hill and consecrated it near the cauvery riverbank. On entering the temple we can see navaneetha krishna with butter in his hand. Vilvam is the sthala viruksham (sacred tree) here.

Greatness of the Temple

Inside the temple Chakkarathazhvar sannidhi is there and Yoga Narasimhar shrine is anterior to that. Behind the main deity sanctum, Lord Dhanvanthiri shrine is there.

There is also Lakshmi Hayagreevar shrine and opposite to that is Saraswathi sannidhi is there. -

During Navarathiri festival times, on a sunday a festival called ” A day in Tirupathi ” is celebrated here. On that festival time they follow the same procedures as in Tirumala and deity will be having same alankar as of Venkatachalapthy. Another remarkable pooja performing here is the Sathyanarayana pooja on every Tiruvonam star, birth star of Maha Vishnu. On the particular day tirumanjanam is offered to the Lord on morning and at evening Sathyanarayana Pooja is performed. The greatness of the pooja is that devotees place coocnuts without stripping the outer cover in that pooja and pray to God to fulfill their requirements. In that pooja they do aavaahanam of Sathyanarayana swamy in that coconut and give it back to the devotees. They have to keep the coconut in the pooja room and should pray to the lord for their needs. It is believed that within three to five months their wishes are fulfilled. After that coconut should be placed back again in the temple on a Tiruvonam star day with the outer cover stripped. It is said that many people got their wishes fulfilled with this worship. It is popularly called ” mattai thaengai Vazhipaadu ” in Tamil. Usually this pooja is performed at evening but for the last four or five months this is performed in the morning also.

Prayers:

Sri Sammohana Krishnan worship is very beneficial to marital Bliss and to beget children.

In the Perumal temple in the entrance to the sanctum sanctorum there is this deity called Sri Sammohana Krishnan. This is more or less like Arthanareeswarar, half Siva half parvathy. Like wise Sri Sammohana krishnan is half Krishna and half Rukmani.

It is believed that worship of this particular deity will bring the joy of kids to childless couple. So if couples worship this particular deity, it is assured that with divine blessings there will be kids roaming in their home soon.

For everyone's use, I have given the Sloka in 3 Languages (English, Hindi & Tamil)

Sri Sammohana Krishnan Slokam

"Krishnam Kamala Pathraaksham Diyaabharana Bhooshitham I
Tribanki Lalithakaaram Adhisunthara Mohanam II
Bhagam Dhakshinam purusham anyath Sthree Roopinam dhatha I
shankam Chakram sankusancha pushpa bhaanamcha Pankajam II
Ikshu saabam Venu Vadhyamcha Dhaarayantham Bujashtakai:I
Swethaganthaanu Lipthaankam Pushpavasthra thrugujwelam II
Sarvakaamaartha Sidhyarththam Mohanam Krishnamasrayea!!"

श्रि सम्मोहन गोपल मन्थ्रम्

क्रिस्श्नम् कमलपथ्राक्षम् धिव्याभर्न भूशिथम् I
थ्रिबन्कि ळलिथाकारम् अथिसुन्थर मोहनम् II
बाकम् धक्षिनम्पुरुशम् अन्यथ् स्थ्रे रूपिनम् थधा I
सन्कम् छक्रम् सान्कुसन्च्ज पुश्पभानम्छ पन्कजन् II
इक्षुसापम् वेनुवाध्यम्छ धारयन्थम् पुजाश्तकै:I
स्वेधगन्थानु लिप्थान्कम् पुश्पवस्थ्र थ्रकुज्वलम् II
सर्व कामार्थ्थ सिध्यर्थम् मोहनम् क्रिश्नमास्रये //

ஸ்ரீ சம்மோஹன கிருஷ்ணன் ஸ்லோகம்

ஸ்ரீ க்ருஷ்ணம் கமல பத்ராக்ஷம் திவ்ய ஆபரண பூஷிதம்
த்ரிபங்கி லலிதாகாரம் அதி சுந்தர மோஹனம்
பாகம் தக்ஷிணம் புருஷம் அந்ய ஸ்த்ரீரூபிணம் ததா
சங்கம் சக்ரம் சாங்கு சஞ்ச புஷ்ப பாணம் ச பங்கஜம்
இட்சீ சாபம் வேணு வாத்யம்ச தாரயந்தம் புஜாஷ்டகை
ஸ்வேத கந்தானு லிப்தாங்கம் புஷ்ப வஸ்த்ர த்ரகுஜ்வலம்
ஸர்வ காமார்த்த சித்யர்த்தம் மோகனம் ஸ்ரீ க்ருஷ்ணமாஸ்ரயே!

Meaning:

Having the male form on the right side and the female form on the left side, with His Eight Hands holding the Conch, the Chakra, Angkusam, Lotus Flower, the Bow made of Sugarcane, Arrows of Flowers and the Flute, with Lotus like Eyes, wearing Dhivya Aaparanaas and White Sandalwood Paste, showing Thribhangi form (the posture of tilting the neck, waist and knee, in a romantic triple fold, helix like appearance) and Bewitching Appearance, that Lord Sammohana Krishna, I worship for fullfilment of my desires.

This sloka is most effective and is chanted to get a good husband, happiness in marital life, brings together the separated spouses and helps in maintaining harmony among couples.

Prasadam

The prasadam for this God is milk with sugar!

How to Reach Mohanur

Mohanur can be reachable either from Namakkal or Karur. Lot of town buses and long route buses are available to Mohanur from Namakkal. Mohanur is having newly constructed railway station. However there is no train service avilable as of now. So nearby railway station is Karur. From Karur one can catch bus or taxi to reach Mohanur.

Mohanur Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar Temple Timings

The temple is open Morning from 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. and in evening 5.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Contact Numbers – 91- 4286 – 256900, 94429 57143.
-

Sammohana Krishnan Temple & Sloka
Sri Kalyana Prasanna Venkatramanar Perumal Temple, Mohanur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back