• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Anjile Ondru Petraan" Stanza from Kamba Ramayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna
Anjile Ondrai Petran
Anjile Ondrai Thaavi
Anjile Ondraaraaga Aariyarkaaga Egi
Anjile Ondru Petra Anangai Kandayalar Ooril
Anjile Ondrai Vaithan
Avan Emmai Alitthuk Kaappan

1. Anjile Ondrai Petran - Born of one of the 5 elements of nature - Wind (Vayu)

2. Anjile Ondrai Thaavi - Crossed one of the 5 elements - Water and did so by flying through one of the 5 (sky)

3. Anjile Ondraaraaga Aariyarkaaga Egi - Became one with the 5 (Sita, Rama, Lakshmana, Bharata, Shatrugna) to make it into 6.

4. Anjile Ondru Petra Anangai Kandayalar Ooril - Met with the damsel born of one of the 5 elements (Earth) in an alien city

5. Anjile Ondrai Vaithan - Burnt down the city by one of the 5 elements (Fire).

Reference (slightly modified from this): Hanuman

Anjile Ondrai Petran
Anjile Ondrai Thaavi
Anjile Ondraaraaga Aariyarkaaga Egi
Anjile Ondru Petra Anangai Kandayalar Ooril
Anjile Ondrai Vaithan
Avan Emmai Alitthuk Kaappan

1. Anjile Ondrai Petran - Born of one of the 5 elements of nature - Wind (Vayu)

2. Anjile Ondrai Thaavi - Crossed one of the 5 elements - Water and did so by flying through one of the 5 (sky)

3. Anjile Ondraaraaga Aariyarkaaga Egi - Became one with the 5 (Sita, Rama, Lakshmana, Bharata, Shatrugna) to make it into 6.

4. Anjile Ondru Petra Anangai Kandayalar Ooril - Met with the damsel born of one of the 5 elements (Earth) in an alien city

5. Anjile Ondrai Vaithan - Burnt down the city by one of the 5 elements (Fire).

Reference (slightly modified from this): Hanuman

ஐந்திலே (அஞ்சிலே) ஒன்று (not ஒன்றை) பெற்றான்
ஐந்திலே ஒன்றைத்தாவி
ஐந்திலே ஒன்றாக ஆரியர்க்காக ஏகி
ஐந்திலே ஒன்று பெற்ற அணங்கைக்கண்டயலாரூரில்
ஐந்திலே ஒன்றை வைத்தான்
அவன் எம்மை அளித்துக்காப்பான்.

Thanks for the more readable Tamil font, Vaagmi ji!

There is one little correction, though! In my stotra handbook by LIFCO publications named 'Stotramala', @pg. 25, I have the 3rd line printed as follows:

அஞ்சிலே ஒன்ற றாக ஆரியர்காக ஏகி

Please note the word 'ondraaga' is changed in the above to 'ondraa raaga' (1+ 5 = 6).

I recite this sloka each day and I follow the lifco book.

Dear Jayashree,

'வாயு' தேவன் பெற்றவன், 'நீரை'( கடலை)த் தாவி, 'விண்' வழியாக இராமனுக்காகச் சென்று, 'பூமி'யின் மகளைக் கண்ட

அயலாரின் ஊரில், 'தீ'யை வைத்தான்; அவன் எம்மை (எல்லாம்) அளித்துக் காப்பான் என்பதே பொருளாகும். :)

('ஆறாக' என்றால் 'வழியாக' என்று பொருள்).

Dear Jayashree,

'வாயு' தேவன் பெற்றவன், 'நீரை'( கடலை)த் தாவி, 'விண்' வழியாக இராமனுக்காகச் சென்று, 'பூமி'யின் மகளைக் கண்ட

அயலாரின் ஊரில், 'தீ'யை வைத்தான்; அவன் எம்மை (எல்லாம்) அளித்துக் காப்பான் என்பதே பொருளாகும். :)

('ஆறாக' என்றால் 'வழியாக' என்று பொருள்).

I picked this up from Kamban kazagam pattimandram telecast yesterday evening on Podhigai TV.. I forget the name of the participant but remember what he said In his class one student once raised this - he read this line Avan emmai azithey instead allithey Kappan & asked Azitha pin Kappathu yeppadi ? - He with out being upset interestingly explained it (Theemaigalai) azithy Kaapan yennapathy porul! This is the Greatness of Kamban' s genius in using words which can be interpretted beautifully!!

I tumbled over this blog which says:

அஞ்சிலே ஒன்று பெற்றான்
அஞ்சிலே ஒன்றை தாவி
அஞ்சிலே ஒன்று ஆறு ஆக
ஆருயிர் காக்க ஏகி
அஞ்சிலே ஒன்று பெற்ற
அணங்கைகண்டு ; அயலான் ஊரி
ல்
அஞ்சிலே ஒன்று வைத்தான்
அவன் நம்மை அளித்து காப்பான்.

For meaning please read
அஞ்சிலே ஒன்று பெற்றான்

P.S: There is a mistake in this blog because this poem is not in Bala Kaandam! It is a 'kaappu seyyuL' by Kambar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back