• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

சக்க வரட்டி / Jackfruit Halwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
சக்க வரட்டி / Jackfruit Halwa

சக்க வரட்டி (பலா பழ ஹல்வா)

தேவையான பொருட்கள் :

பலா சுளை : 25 Nos (கொட்டை & உள் தொல் எடுத்து பொடியாக நறுக்கவும்)
வெள்ளம் : 200 கிராம்
நெய் : 100 ml
ஏலப்பொடி : 1/2 டி ஸ்பூன்

செய்முறை :

• ஒரு வாணலியில் நெய் விட்டு (1 டேபிள் ஸ்பூன் மீதம் வைத்துக் கொள்ளவும்) நறுக்கிய பலா சுளைகளைப் போட்டு வதக்கவும்.
  • வதக்கும் பொழுதே கரண்டியால் மசித்து விட்டுக் கொள்ளவும்.
  • நன்கு மசிந்தவுடன், வெல்லத்தில் சிறிது தண்ணீர் விட்டு கரைத்து மண்ணை வடிகட்டி அதில் சேர்க்கவும்.
  • அடுப்பை நிதானமான தீயில் வைத்து கிளறவும்.
  • நன்றாக சுருண்டு வரும் பொழுது 1 டேபிள் ஸ்பூன் நெய் விட்டு கிளறி வாணலியில் ஒட்டாமல் வரும் பொழுது அடுப்பிலிருந்து இறக்கி ஏலப்பொடி சேர்க்கவும்.

???? ?????? / Jackfruit Halwa - Bama Samayal

We have bumper crop of Jack fruit from our garden and I make the jam in a simpler way!

The ingredients are only palA chuLai and jaggery. No ghee, since there are vegans in our family. And I do NOT add elachi flavor,

since it mars the natural flavor of the Jack fruit. :)

Cook the cleaned chuLais till one whistle, in a pressure cooker. When cool, mash using the mixer grinder. Make the vellap pAgu,

filter it and boil in a thick bottom vessel ( I use the pressure pan) till very thick (thakkALi padham) and add the mashed fruit pulp.

Keep mixing in a medium flame, until it leaves the sides. Remove from flame and when cool, transfer to a dry vessel with a lid and

store in the fridge! :)

hi

chakka varatti was favorite in my childhood....every house hold palakkad agraharam must have jack fruit tree....during vishu period...

generally bumper crop....still it needs hard work to do chakka varatti....

Try the idea given by me, T B S Sir! You will NEVER get boils on your hands while making the jam. :cool:

I used to wrap my hands while making this in the original method and hence found the new method.
icon3.png

P.S: Shall post 'Hot and Sweet J F Jam in Ideas... thread. :typing:

We have bumper crop of Jack fruit from our garden and I make the jam in a simpler way!

The ingredients are only palA chuLai and jaggery. No ghee, since there are vegans in our family. And I do NOT add elachi flavor,

since it mars the natural flavor of the Jack fruit. :)

Cook the cleaned chuLais till one whistle, in a pressure cooker. When cool, mash using the mixer grinder. Make the vellap pAgu,

filter it and boil in a thick bottom vessel ( I use the pressure pan) till very thick (thakkALi padham) and add the mashed fruit pulp.

Keep mixing in a medium flame, until it leaves the sides. Remove from flame and when cool, transfer to a dry vessel with a lid and

store in the fridge! :)

Thanks Raji Madam for your Additional recipe using Jackfruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back