• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Naamakaranam & other mantrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pray2:Hi everyone,

We live in interior Zambia where there are no Vadhyars and its absolutely and prohibitively costly to get one flown over. My son wants to perform the naming ceremony of his new born infant son as per the prescribed rituals. Tried everywhere including R.S.Vadhyar in Palaghat, S.India but no one seems to be having any clue. Could someone reveal the mantra with instructions or direct me to a site/publisher which/who has the mantra ?

Similarly is there any English book which gives mantra with meaning and instructions for performing Shraadham ?

Thanks in advance,

Dr Kannan, Pontino Bwalia

do you have internet?

then why don't you try webcam.

you can have 'live' sessions with the vadhyar in india or anywhere else in the world.

i attended a wedding here in toronto, with most of the family living in bombay. the video cammed the whole ceremony and the bombay relatives watched it and we could see their reaction right away.

it was as if they were just looking at us from the next room.

congrats on your grandparent hood and best wishes to the little one .

We live in interior Zambia where there are no Vadhyars and its absolutely and prohibitively costly to get one flown over. My son wants to perform the naming ceremony of his new born infant son as per the prescribed rituals. Tried everywhere including R.S.Vadhyar in Palaghat, S.India but no one seems to be having any clue. Could someone reveal the mantra with instructions or direct me to a site/publisher which/who has the mantra ?

Similarly is there any English book which gives mantra with meaning and instructions for performing Shraadham ?

Thanks in advance,

suga,

there is no url for this.

i am not all that technically adept, and i would indeed welcome input from other folks.

the simplest way to do this: have a webcam camera attached to your personal computer. sign on to skype.

the same arrangement for the person on the other side.

connect through skype.. and conduct the rituals, with the vadhyar on one end, and your folks on the other.

i have heard of folks in north america, getting carnatic music lessons this way.

at the wedding, the webcam was a little more elaborate. but the same idea.

suga, i suggest that you establish connection through skype with your son. you can see/talk to them anytime.

best wishes.

Thanks in advance,

hi Kannan,
there is a book store called GIRI TRADING IN MYLAPORE
CHENNAI...you can get namakaranam/sraddham book
in sanskrit with tamil explanations..im sure there may be
some english translations too...there is a book called
MANTRA PUSHPAM published by sri ramakrishna math,
mylapore chennai....they have even email/web site too..
you can try... best of luck...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back