• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A supreme irony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a supreme irony. M F Husain, whose place in art history is unquestionable though, who was largely instrumental in making a market for Indian contemporary art in the global art scenario, unlike many, whom the market will make in that barren, no man's land of 'safe' form and content, seemingly poses the biggest danger to the art lovers today.

In a democracy like ours - is it democracy? - how do we save our identity?
In fact I'm of the opinion: "Self government is no substitute to Good Government!"
Where have our eminent men and women, many from the South gone?
Where has MK Gandhi gone?
Aren't we fed up with Gandy(s) [no spelling error pl]?

re

Shree subrahmanian S H,

It is a supreme irony. M F Husain, whose place in art history is unquestionable though, who was largely instrumental in making a market for Indian contemporary art in the global art scenario, unlike many, whom the market will make in that barren, no man's land of 'safe' form and content, seemingly poses the biggest danger to the art lovers today.

I thot Shree Ravi Verman,Tanjore Paintings already preced Shree M F Hussain.

In a democracy like ours - is it democracy? - how do we save our identity?
In fact I'm of the opinion: "Self government is no substitute to Good Government!"
Where have our eminent men and women, many from the South gone?
Where has MK Gandhi gone?
Aren't we fed up with Gandy(s) [no spelling error pl]?

Our democracy is vibrant,isn't it?Even though EVM's get tampered from time to time as the case of ballot boxxes.

Goverment for the people ,by the people,of the people...all we can see the dynastic succession being perpetuated by a minority set of political parties...

South Indians are there in the reckoning,as i see our PC to cite an example.

M K Gandhi ji's spirit is still guiding us,otherwise,don't you think for 26/11,there would have been war?

Gandhi ji,is a rarity even amongst Indians of the older generation.A source of inspiritation for Martin Luther King.Today,a vibrant,country proudly declares a son of the soil,to the top slot in that country.

Thank You !.

gopal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back