• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why are eclipses spiritually charged periods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna
Eclipses are considered profoundly spiritual periods when routine sadhana is supposed to procure 1000-fold results. Thus those who are very spiritual never miss these periods to appeal to the divine.

But, I have searched widely on the net on a reasoning for the same and couldn't find one.

Why are eclipses spiritually charged periods, does anyone know?

Eclipses are considered profoundly spiritual periods when routine sadhana is supposed to procure 1000-fold results. Thus those who are very spiritual never miss these periods to appeal to the divine.

But, I have searched widely on the net on a reasoning for the same and couldn't find one.

Why are eclipses spiritually charged periods, does anyone know?

hi

i had some personal experiences.......my father in law used to treat some kind of mantra for jaundice.( மஞ்சள் காமாலை ) ....he used to do mantra

japa during eclipse periods....when many doctors cant treat serious jaundice ( மஞ்சள் காமாலை ) he treats very easily and successful....

he is no more......he does many sadhanas during eclipse period...he got this mantra from some guruji.....he was treating

many VIPs in delhi during his govt service period.....he never ask any money for the treatment.....

Last edited:
Interesting TBS ji! Actually I have heard that any intense sadhana and prayer done during eclipses get magnified 1000 times. And so also for Diwali days...

Our ancients knew a lot about all these... for example, they say that the various navagraha temples in India are located at points (places) where a respective planet in its orbit around the Sun comes closest to the earth. They say so for Thirunallar Saniswara temple.

Likewise there must be some reason for the eclipses too!

There is a theory that background radiation increases during eclipses more so for solar eclipses.

So I get a feeling to keep everyone indoors and not roam outside and be exposed to increased radiation we humans are made to "understand" that eclipses are spiritually charged.

This "spiritually charged" theory works wonders knowing that most humans actually engage in spiritual activities for maximum personal gain..so everyone will be hoping to gain something or the other and sit at home and keep themselves busy with spiritual activities..indirectly they are "shielded" from the increased background radiation becos they were indoors.

Take home point of the day: Stay Indoors during eclipses as not to be exposed to increased background radiation.

If you observe animals on eclipses..you wont find a bird flying or a dog or cat roaming the streets till the eclipse is over..the animals just know to avoid the radiation.

So its not really all about being spiritually charged.

This is my personal opinion and it need not be right or wrong.

Last edited:
Smt JR ji

Entire period of eclipse is said to be a Parvakala. During Parva Kala Planets do not show any malefic effect, a Karma done during this period has multiple effect.

Hence during this period performing prayer, punascharana (of upadesa mantra), pithru tarpana (thila), dana (charity) are considered to be very sacred and celestial. It is said that bath at the time of beginning of the eclipse, prayer, punascharana, (of upadesa mantra), tarpana during the mid time, charity (dana) during the closing time and bath again after the eclipse are very sacred and celestial and will have multiple effect. Chanting of vedic manthras/sacred Sthothram will ward off the negative energy that gets activated during eclipse and protects from all negativity.

Oppiliappan List Archive: [Oppiliappan] Pithru lokam -5

parva kala | Chiraan's Astrology

Dear Renu,

Animals show more intelligence than humans when it comes to assessing the effects of Nature! :thumb:

During Solar and Lunar eclipse, the Sun, the Moon and the Earth come in a straight line and this might have some special effects.

Even on normal new moon and full moon days we find rough tides in seas, right?

I spent a few hours in the terrace of my sweet home, to click the Total Lunar eclipse pictures.

Wow! What a thrilling experience it was! After arranging all the photos and setting a suitable tune,

this video has become my favorite. At 1
minute 55 seconds in this video, the Moon is fully eclipsed

and looks like a golden sphere! Enjoy viewing :
Total Lunar Eclipse 10 - 12 - 2011

I spent a few hours in the terrace of my sweet home, to click the Total Lunar eclipse pictures.

Wow! What a thrilling experience it was! After arranging all the photos and setting a suitable tune,

Wow RR ji..really nice.

How come you didnt decide to stay indoors?

Wow RR ji..really nice.

How come you didnt decide to stay indoors?
Thank you, Renu! :)
As one Q follows the other, one thought follows the other! :bump2:

Once upon a time, when I did not possess a camera, there was total Lunar eclipse. Year was between 1985 and 1989. My mom and

Ram's mom were with us - rather a very strange coincidence. Ram's mom is extremely orthodox and has never watched an eclipse

in her life time! My mom is very adventurous and wanted to see the eclipse along with me, since I never miss any eclipse which are

visible in the place I live. Time of eclipse was midnight! Our colony is safe and so mom and I decided to go to the terrace and watch

the rare event. Ram gave permission and went to Z-land. :)

When I told Ram's mom, she said that it is OUR wish to watch the eclipse but should not use the bed, without having a head bath!

We went and enjoyed watching the celestial wonder! We were awestruck when the totality made the Moon look like a golden sphere.

Since it was past midnight, we did not wait till we saw the full moon again. So, we could not have a bath and slept in mats without

pillows, the rest of the night. We had theettu! We got up at 5 am again to see the full moon, which will enable us to have our head bath!

Ever since that day, I had wanted to take the picture the total Lunar eclipse and my wish was fulfilled only in 2011. :thumb:

Dear RR ji,

That means I am very "orthodox" cos I have never ever watched an eclipse directly....dont know why but I have a feeling that one should not watch it..not becos of superstition but I feel its a personal moment between the sun, moon and the earth and all 3 need their privacy.

Smt JR ji

Entire period of eclipse is said to be a Parvakala. During Parva Kala Planets do not show any malefic effect, a Karma done during this period has multiple effect.

Hence during this period performing prayer, punascharana (of upadesa mantra), pithru tarpana (thila), dana (charity) are considered to be very sacred and celestial. It is said that bath at the time of beginning of the eclipse, prayer, punascharana, (of upadesa mantra), tarpana during the mid time, charity (dana) during the closing time and bath again after the eclipse are very sacred and celestial and will have multiple effect. Chanting of vedic manthras/sacred Sthothram will ward off the negative energy that gets activated during eclipse and protects from all negativity.

Oppiliappan List Archive: [Oppiliappan] Pithru lokam -5

parva kala | Chiraan's Astrology

Thank you very much for this explanation, PJ ji!

Thank you for the video, Madam! It was good.

Dear Renu,

I am glad that I was NOT 'booked' on charge of 'Intrusion of privacy' by the Sun, Moon and Earth !! :dance:

Thank you Sarang Sir.

Rahu - Kethu are already generous and not KS dOsham present! :)

A note on that video: I used Picasa movie maker where free music tracks are also available.

So, the apt track could be chosen, keeping in mind the duration of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back