• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pithru Karma Stotrams in English transliterated from Sanskrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father passed-away on 7th Feb., 2015 (thai; krishnapaksham; chathurthi). As I am residing in the Gulf, I performed all the rites until 27th, sotha kumbam and masikam before joining back to duty.

As advised by my vadhyar in Chennai, although masikams can be missed and performed during 6th month as well as during varushapthikam, the oona-masikam (the four such rites) cannot be postponed and performed later. If it is skipped then it cannot be performed later.

In the Gulf, it is difficult to have a vadhyar who can visit your house and help in performing these rites, although it could be performed as 'hiranyam' only.

Therefore, I would appreciate if any our members in providing me necessary manthrams that can be chanted during oona-masikam along with the necessary guidelines, it would be of great help for me in satisfying my father's soul.

Additional Information: Vathoola Gothram; Abasthamba Soothram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back