• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shifting of house in Panguni

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently staying in rental accommodation. My own house (Grahapravesam already done several years back)near Delhi was given on rent earlier...Due to certain circumstances we are moving to the new house this month during the Vasantha navarathri..But in South this month is Panguni and my mom said that I should shift in Chithirai ie after April 14..I am in a dilemma as the current contract with existing landlord is terminated..Request suggestions..Can we do some special puja

Dear Sri vgane Sir

We shifted to new home before Panguni month.

It is all depends upon your Family belief

Normally Hindus in South avoid shifting in Panguni month,

Don't ask for reasons please.

Only the Tamil months, Ani (Mithunam), Puratasi (Kanya), Margali Dhanur) and Panguni (Meenam) one should not change house. Also no Grahaprevesam ( New or old house warming) functions are to be held in these four months. ( says Vidya Sri Raja Gopalan )

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090705105109AAPdmVw

Also kgopalan sir says no grahapravesam in panguni

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/rituals-ceremonies-pujas/9525-grahapravesam-dates-shifting-dates.html

However i suggest please consult your home Sasthrigal, also kgopalan of this forum before you take a final decision

Last edited:
Dear Ganesh,

I discussed with our family SAsthrigaL. He said that AFTER the new moon day in Panguni, there is 'Chaithra Suddhi'.

So, if the GruhapravEsam was done earlier, you can shift to your residence on April 1 st. He also suggested that you

can perform a SamArAdhanai to your Kuladeivam, after moving to your sweet home.

BTW, we had the gruhapravEsam of this house in the month of Thai and moved on April
1 st. Then we performed a

Navagraha Homam. God have given us a good life in this sweet home, for the past three decades! :)

A moo-ving house blessing at this condo

This is from singapore; cow warming for a grahaprevasam.

It was a strange sight that residents at Eight Courtyards condominium in Canberra Drive woke up to on Saturday morning.

A cow and a calf led a procession of about 40 people through the grounds.

A man with gloves, a bucket and trash bags followed closely behind the animals, just in case the animals defecated in public.

The animals squeezed into a lift and went up to the 14th storey of one of the blocks, where the Thiagarajen family was waiting expectantly.

The family had just moved into their new home and the animals were there to do a house blessing.

Sri Vanitha, 35, was delighted at the arrival of her "guests" to her newly-renovated home.
She was even more pleased when the animals let loose almost immediately - dropping faeces and spraying urine all over the living room floor.

She said: "It's the first time in my house and I'm very contented. It is a blessing."

A moo-ving house blessing at this condo, AsiaOne Singapore News

Cows are really sacred! :pray2:

What will be the fate of a man, if he does these jobbies in the living room! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back