• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஸ்ரீ சூக்தம்

Status
Not open for further replies.
- ஸ்ரீ சூக்தம்

அக்னிதேவனே! பொன்போன்ற காந்தியுடையவளும் பாவங்களைப் போக்குபவளும் பொன்னாலும் வெள்ளியாலும் ஆன ஹாரங்களை அணிந்தவளும் சந்திர பிம்பம் போன்றவளும், பொன்மயமானவளும் ஆகிய ஸ்ரீதேவியை எனக்கருள் புரியுமாறு எழுந்தருள செய்வீர்.

ஸ்ரீ என்ற பதத்துக்கு மஹாலக்ஷ்மி என்றே பொருள். ஸ்ரீவத்சன், ஸ்ரீகாந்தன், ஸ்ரீதரன் என்றெல்லாம் மஹாவிஷ்ணுவான ஸ்ரீமன் நாராயணனை அழைக்கிறோம். இத்தகைய ஸ்ரீ என்ற சொல்லுக்கு பெரியவர்கள் ஆறு அர்த்தங்களை சொல்கிறார்கள். ஸ்ரீ என்ற மஹாலக்ஷ்மியானவள் எப்போதும் பகவானை ஆச்ரயித்தே இருக்கிறாள். நாம் ஆச்ரயிப்பதற்கும் தகுந்தவளாய் இருக்கிறாள்.

ஸ்ரீரங்கத்திலே போனால் பார்க்கலாம். ரங்கநாதரை சேவிக்க வேண்டுமானால் ஏகப்பட்ட தூரம் உள்ளே போகவேண்டும். தாயாரை சேவிக்க வேண்டுமானால் ஒரு க்ஷணத்திலே சேவித்து விட்டு வந்து விடலாம் – பக்கத்திலேயே இருக்கிறாள் அல்லவா ! மஹாலக்ஷ்மி உடனே கிடைக்கிறாள் நமக்கு!

திருவேங்கடமுடையான் சந்நதிக்குத் தான் போங்களேன்… தாயரை சீக்கிரமாக பார்த்துவிடலாம். அவன் சேவை சுலபமாக சுலபமாக கிடைக்குமா! தாயாருக்கு எவ்வளவு காருண்யம் நம்மீது. நாம் சுலபமாகச் சேவிக்கும்படியாக ரொம்பக்கிட்டே நெருங்கி நிற்கிறாள். அவனை எப்போதும் அணுகியே இருக்கிறாள்.
ஸ்ரீ என்ற பதத்துக்கு இப்படி நெருங்கி இருக்கிறவள் என்று பொருள்.

நாம் ஏதாவது குறைகளைச் சொல்கிறோம் என்று வைத்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள். ஒரே குற்றங்களாக சொல்கிறோம்… அவள் பொறுமையாக உட்கார்ந்து கொண்டு கேட்டுக்கொண்டே இருப்பாளாம்! நம்மிடம் யாராவது கஷ்டத்தையே சொன்னால் கேட்க முடிகிறதா! குறையையே சொல்லிக்கொண்டிருந்தால் யார் கேட்பது? ஆனால் இந்த மஹாலக்ஷ்மி என்ன செய்கிறாள் பாருங்கள்..

நாம் சொல்கிற கஷ்டத்தையெல்லாம் கேட்டுக்கொள்கிறாள். எத்தனை நேரமானாலும் பொறுமையாக கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறாள். அதனால் “இதி ஸ்ரீ:”, “ச்ருணோதி” என்று பெயர் அவளுக்கு…

புருஷாகாரம் என்றபடி நாம் சொல்லும் குறைகளை எம்பெருமானிடத்திலே, ஏகாந்தத்திலே, அவன் ரொம்ப பவ்யப்பட்டுக் கேட்கிற சந்தர்ப்பத்திலே அவன் செவியிலே நம் குறைகளை எடுத்து சொல்கிறாள். ரொம்ப அழகாக சொல்கிறாள். அதிலும் நமது குறைகளை கொஞ்சம் அதிகப்படுத்திச் சொல்லி இன்னும் பகவானுக்கு நம்மீது விசேஷ காருண்யம் ஏற்படுவதற்கு தானே இரண்டு மூன்று சேர்த்துக்கொள்வாளாம். அதிலே நாம் சொன்னதைக்காட்டிலும் ரொம்ப அழகாக, அதையே பகவான் திருவுள்ளம் உகக்கும் படியாக, அவன் உடனே ஒடிவந்து உதவி விடும்படியாக அதை மாற்றி, பக்குவமாக சொல்வாளாம். இதனால் ச்ராவயதி இதி ஸ்ரீ: என்றழைக்கப்படுகிறாள்.

ச்ராவயதி என்ற பதத்திற்கு கேட்கச் செய்கிறாள் என்று பொருள்.

லக்ஷ்மியினுடைய திருவடியை அண்டினோமேயானால் நம்மிடமிருக்கிற தோஷங்களையெல்லாம் போக்கிவிடுகிறாள். தோஷத்தைப்போக்கி எம்பெருமானின் அனுக்கிரஹம் நமக்கு கிடைக்கப் பண்ணுகிறாள்.

நம்மிடம் இருக்கிற தோஷங்களை நிவர்த்திப்பவள். பகவானுடைய அனுக்கிரஹத்தை நமக்கு கிடைக்கப்பண்ணுகிறவள். நாம் சொல்வதையெல்லாம் கெட்டுக்கொள்கிறவள். அதோடு பகவானை கேட்கப் பண்ணுகிறவள். பகவானான நாராயணனை அணுகி இருப்பவள். நாம் ஆச்ரயிக்கத் தகுந்தவளாக, ரொம்ப நெருக்கமாக நம்மிடத்திலே தாயாராக இருந்து ரக்ஷிக்கிறவள் – இந்த ஆறும் எதிலிருந்து கிடைக்கிறது என்றால் ஸ்ரீ: என்கிற பதத்தின் அர்த்தமாக கிடைக்கிறது.

– முக்கூர் லக்ஷ்மி ந்ருசிம்மாச்சார்யார் உபன்யாசம்

https://bhakthi.wordpress.com/2007/12/page/4/

In Ramayana, Sita who is Mahalakshmi herself is said to be the reason why Sri Rama did not do 'vadam' of Kakasura who assaulted Sita. When Sri Rama throws the blade of grass at Kakasura, it chases him as he flies through all the 3 worlds looking for a way out. Finally knowing there is no way out, he surrenders at the feet of Sri Rama, when benevolent Sita piratti makes Kakasura's head bow down at the feet of Sri Rama. Immediately Sri Rama pardons Kakasura.

Also later, on Sita piratti's imprisonment, Sri Rama is enraged at the entire Rakshasa race. But it is said, Sita piratti takes so much karunyam at her captors (and tormentors) that she feels for them, especially those rakshasa women who tortured her by their words in the ashoka vana.

So the above reasons are frequently cited to show how benevolent mother Mahalakshmi is towards our mistakes, and how she, like mentioned in the OP, speaks for our sake to the great Lord Sriman Narayana.

Jai Mata Mahalakshmi Ki!

In Ramayana, Sita who is Mahalakshmi herself is said to be the reason why Sri Rama did not do 'vadam' of Kakasura who assaulted Sita. When Sri Rama throws the blade of grass at Kakasura, it chases him as he flies through all the 3 worlds looking for a way out. Finally knowing there is no way out, he surrenders at the feet of Sri Rama, when benevolent Sita piratti makes Kakasura's head bow down at the feet of Sri Rama. Immediately Sri Rama pardons Kakasura.

Also later, on Sita piratti's imprisonment, Sri Rama is enraged at the entire Rakshasa race. But it is said, Sita piratti takes so much karunyam at her captors (and tormentors) that she feels for them, especially those rakshasa women who tortured her by their words in the ashoka vana.

So the above reasons are frequently cited to show how benevolent mother Mahalakshmi is towards our mistakes, and how she, like mentioned in the OP, speaks for our sake to the great Lord Sriman Narayana.

Jai Mata Mahalakshmi Ki!

Where is the reference to this in Ramayana?

I think it is in Padma Purana that this benevolent action of Piraatti is described. The kakasura falling down before Rama and sita making his head touch Rama's feet is vividly described in Padma Purana and not in Valmiki Ramayana.

Or is my memory failing me? I have to perhaps checkup with the originals.

Where is the reference to this in Ramayana?

I think it is in Padma Purana that this benevolent action of Piraatti is described. The kakasura falling down before Rama and sita making his head touch Rama's feet is vividly described in Padma Purana and not in Valmiki Ramayana.

Or is my memory failing me? I have to perhaps checkup with the originals.

Vaagmi ji,

Actually I heard this incident for the first time from Velukkudi Krishnan and then heard it several times from others... I think they all said it is from 'Ramayana' but I am not sure about this as I have only read C.Rajagopalachari's abridged Ramayana. So sorry on that part, I am unable to point you to the right direction! :) (Would be glad to hear from you where this incident is actually stated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back