• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kanchipuram Idli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanchipuram Idli

Ingredients

Raw rice- 1 cup
Whole urad dal- 3/4th cup
Pepper -1tsp
Jeers- 1 tsp
Yogurt- 3/4th cup
Melted ghee- 1and1/2 tsp
Sesame oil- 1and 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method

Wash and soak rice and urad dal together for 3-4 hours. Grind to a smooth batter without adding too much of water. After grinding, add salt to taste, pepper and jeera and mix well. Keep it over night for fermentation or 10-12 hours.

Grease the cups with sesame oil. Heat water in a steamer.

Beat the yogurt well so that there are no lumps. Add to the batter and mix well.

Heat melted ghee and sesame oil and add this to the batter, mix well.

Pour in the greased cups till its 3/4th filled.

Remove the cups from the steamer. Loosen the corners of the idli with a knife, invert the cups on a plate and remove the idli.

Drizzle some melted ghee on the idli and serve hot with sambar and chutney:)

Please open the link for picture

https://anubala29blog.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/kanchipuram-idli/

Place it in the steamer and steam for 12-15 mins or till its done.

Source:

anubala's kitchen

https://anubala29blog.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/kanchipuram-idli/

Sorry to intervene, P J Sir! (As usual?? :lol: )

The above recipe seems to be Janatha idli!

See how many decorations to this idli are there:

''For the seasoning -

Sesame seed Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp

Ghee -3 tsp

Mustard seeds 1 tsp

Urad dal - 1 1/2 tsp

Bengal gram/channa dal -1 tsp

Whole black Pepper- 2 tsp slightly crushed

Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tsp

Ginger - 1 inch piece grated

Dry Ginger powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)

Green chillies - 1-2 finely chopped

Hing/asafoetida - 1/4 tsp

Cashew nuts - 10 break it into 2-3 pieces

Curry leaves -few tender ones

Turmeric powder -a pinch (optional)

Coriander leaves - 2-3 tbsp finely chopped''

Source:
Kanchipuram Idli Recipe

My friend makes the yummiest Kancheepuram idlies and one idli will make you feel full for five hours!

It will be rich with cashew nuts and ghee! She said it will stay fresh for two days and prepares for travel. :thumb:

The source given in the above post is named 'Padhus kitchen'! :D

BTW, please check the spelling before copy pasting P J Sir.

Jeera became Jeers!!

காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லி:

மேற்படி காஞ்சிபுரம்வரதராஜ பெருமாள் கோவிலில் செய்யும் original காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லியை பற்றி அடியேன் 02-01-2015 ல் போஸ்ட் செய்து இருந்தேன். அப்போது அதை யாரும் கவனிக்கவில்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன். .(தேவை என்றால் இப்போது கவனிக்கலாம்)இப்போது பல ஹோட்டல் களிலும் ஏன் பல வீடுகளிலும் பலவிதத்தில் பல ரூபங்களில் காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லி என்று சொல்லி செய்கிறார்கள். ஆனால் அவை எல்லாம் ஒரிஜினல்..காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லி அல்ல. பெருமாள் கோவிலில் செய்யும் ஒரிஜினல் காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லியை பற்றி தெரிந்து கொள்ள அந்த போஸ்டை இங்கு நினைவு கூறிகிறேன்.குடலையில் செய்ய முடியவில்லை என்றால் பக்குவத்தை மாற்றாமல் நமது வீட்டிலுள்ள இட்லி குக்க்கரிலேயே நாம் செய்யும் வட்ட வடிவ இட்லியைபோல செய்து புசிக்கலாம்.

சீக்ரெட் ரெசிபி- காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லி:
என்னென்ன தேவை?
பச்சரிசி - 2 கப்,
உளுந்து - 1 கப்,
வெந்தயம் - 2 டேபிள்ஸ்பூன்,
மிளகு - 3 டேபிள்ஸ்பூன்,
சீரகம் - 3 டேபிள்ஸ்பூன், (மிளகு-சீரகம்
இரண்டையும் ஒன்றிரண்டாக பொடிக்கவும்)

பெருங்காயம் - 1/2 டீஸ்பூன்,
கறிவேப்பிலை - ஒரு கைப்பிடி (பொடியாக நறுக்கவும்),
சுக்குத்தூள் - 10 கிராம்,
உப்பு - தேவையான அளவு,
எண்ணெய் - 1 கப்.
எப்படிச் செய்வது?
*அரிசி, பருப்பு, வெந்தயம் - மூன்றையும் ஒன்றாக 3 மணிநேரம் ஊற வைத்து கொரகொரப்பாக அரைத்து எடுக்கவும்.

* அத்துடன் மிளகு, சீரகத்தூள், பெருங்காயம், கறிவேப்பிலை, சுக்குத்தூள், உப்பு ஆகியவற்றுடன் நல்லெண்ணெயும் சேர்த்து கலந்து வைக்கவும்.
* குக்கரில் ஒரு வட்ட அடுக்கில் அல்லது கேக் ட்ரேயில் நெய் தடவி பாதி அளவு ஊற்றி, குக்கரை மூடி வெயிட் போடாமல், விசில் வரும் இடத்தில் ஒரு சிறிய கப் கொண்டு மூடி, சுமார் 40 நிமிடம் வேக வைக்க வேண்டும்.
* வெந்ததும் எடுத்து கவிழ்த்து, துண்டு போட்டு, புதினா சட்னி, தேங்காய் சட்னி, மிளகாய் பொடியுடன் பரிமாறவும்.

images

Last edited:
The source given in the above post is named 'Padhus kitchen'! :D

BTW, please check the spelling before copy pasting P J Sir.

Jeera became Jeers!!

I post many threads every day ( although Copy and paste ) from various sources, (some of them must be useful) those threads are not coming to your knowledge, small spelling mistakes like Jeera spelled as Jeers is coming to your knowledge..!!!

Do you think i give any importance to your comments ?

Last edited:
1. I post many threads every day ( although Copy and paste ) from various sources, (some of them must be useful) those threads are not coming to your knowledge, small spelling mistakes like Jeera spelled as Jeers is coming to your knowledge..!!!

2. Do you think i give any importance to your comments ?
1. I know you are the 'bestest' (!) C n P expert! That is why, I want you to check before posting! :spy:
2. I know you DON'T and also that you like ONLY :drum: !!(That J word is not allowed in forum!) :lol:

Some more interesting information from the source: காஞ்சிபுரம் இட்லி ...

sl2304.jpg
''

ஒரிஜினல் இட்லியானது, லேசான பழுப்பு நிறத்தில் நிறைய மிளகு, சுக்கு சுவையுடன், அருமையான வாசனையுடன் மனம் நிறைய செய்கிறது.

10 ஆண்டுகளுக்கும் மேலாக காஞ்சிபுரத்தில் ஒரிஜினல் இட்லி செய்வதில் புகழ்பெற்றவர் மோகனா சடகோபன். இன்றும் பாரம்பரிய

முறையில் மூங்கில் குடலையில் மந்தாரை இலை பயன்படுத்தி, பெரிய அடுக்குகளில் வேக வைக்கும் இட்லியைப் பார்க்கவே

பிரமிப்பாகத்தானே இருக்கும்? ‘வெறும் இட்லிதானே’ என்று எடை போடவே முடியாத அளவுக்கு, மோகனாவின் கைவண்ணத்தில்

வெளியூர்களுக்கும் - ஏன் வெளிநாடுகளுக்கும் கூட, காஞ்சி இட்லி பயணமாகிறது.

பச்சரிசியும் உளுந்தும் ஊற வைத்து, ரவை போல அரைத்து, மிளகு, சுக்கு, நெய் சேர்த்து, அடுத்த நாள் பெரிய குடலைகளில் மந்தாரை

இலையை அழகாக அடுக்கி, மாவு ஊற்றி, 3 மணி நேரம் வேக வைத்து... அப்பாடா... பெரிய வேலைதான்! சுவையாக சாப்பிட ஆசை

இருந்தால் அந்த அளவு மெனக்கெடவும்வேண்டும்தானே?

இந்த இட்லி வழக்கமாக மூங்கில் குடலையில் செய்யப்படுகிறது, அந்த மூங்கில் குடலை, காஞ்சி மற்றும் சுற்றுவட்டாரங்களில் மட்டுமே

கிடைக்கிறது, அதனால் அங்கிருந்து குடலை
யை வரவழைத்து பாரம்பரிய முறையில் முயற்சித்தோம். மூங்கில் கொண்டு பின்னப்பட்ட

குடலையில் மந்தாரையை சுருட்டி செருகி, மாவை நிறைத்து, மேலே நூலால் கட்டி, வேக வைக்க வேண்டும்.பாரம்பரிய முறையில்

செய்வது சிறப்புதான்...''

1. I know you are the 'bestest' (!) C n P expert! That is why, I want you to check before posting! :spy:
2. I know you DON'T and also that you like ONLY :drum: !!(That J word is not allowed in forum!) :lol:

I Don't Gossip like you, which is in born in you.

Yes, i post based on some source only which gives some authenticity to matter posted.

Let me brag a little bit!

1. I taught some members to type Tamil fonts easily.

2. I gave the easy way to copy and paste images from other sources, to one senior member.

3. Music section has several interesting information, posted by me!

4. Giving 'Ideas' to members which many of them appreciate! :)
5. My travel experiences are enjoyed by many members, in the literature forum! :ranger:

The list goes on......................

Let me brag a little bit!

1. I taught some members to type Tamil fonts easily.

2. I gave the easy way to copy and paste images from other sources, to one senior member.

3. Music section has several interesting information, posted by me!

4. Giving 'Ideas' to members which many of them appreciate! :)
5. My travel experiences are enjoyed by many members, in the literature forum! :ranger:

The list goes on......................

attachment.php

My travel experiences are enjoyed by many members, in the literature forum!

Ha Ha Ha

You know very well that we started with a fight because you wrote about American Culture wrongly because you visited that country for the first time!!

attachment.php

I can too brag....

My postings are in various sections like on Temples,Articles in Sociology , on Maha periyava, Rituals, religion, Slokams, news items, remembering Birthdays, Achievements made by various people in Chit Chat and other interesting items, Web Videos, Music,My collections about various matters, Natural remedies and many more

So i copy and paste it from different sources

All these postings requires me to search and collect info and copy and paste only

If you are against any of my postings, as they are all copy and paste matter only, please do not repeat do not read them and DO NOT COMMENT ON THEM

You don't see any good things ( your nature probably ) in my Postings, why bother reading them ?

Attachments

• Are we to belive this.jpg
    Are we to belive this.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Why you do like this.jpg
    Why you do like this.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Yes, P J Sir! I know that you have got the fighting spirit!! :lol:
Keep up your posting spree!! :bump2:

P.S: I DO see good things, if they are available! :thumb:

Yes, P J Sir! I know that you have got the fighting spirit!! :lol:
Keep up your posting spree!! :bump2:

P.S: I DO see good things, if they are available! :thumb:

If you could see good things, surely you would have appreciated many of my Postings!!

I request PJ sir And Rajiramji to continue their valuable posts.

Both are excellent in posting on various subjects and add to our wisdom

I request PJ sir And Rajiramji to continue their valuable posts.

Both are excellent in posting on various subjects and add to our wisdom. .
Please add ''And....... hope they will NOT waste bytes by occasional bites! :lol:

Eg: A few posts in this thread!

It seems PJ sir is "attacking" again.

But is strange..today is the 2nd day of Chinese New Year ..as far as I know its not the full moon ..so why is PJ sir attacking?LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back