• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Soft Chappathi with no oil. (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

nice back ground music.....it looks like american kitchen........... thanks

Last edited:
This is how phulkas are normally made. What is new?

No one uses oil.

Ghee or butter is spread on it after it it made.

This is how phulkas are normally made. What is new? ...
The way chapathi is roasted fully on one side, the way it is turned over the stove and the hot milk + water

added to the flour are new to me. I use a grill to toast the chapathi and not the tongs. :)

The way chapathi is roasted fully on one side, the way it is turned over the stove and the hot milk + water

added to the flour are new to me. I use a grill to toast the chapathi and not the tongs. :)
Tongs are normal

Milk added with water is new.What for?

It is always both sides roasting one side more than the other

being extra soft is excellent for senior citizens.

you know some senior citizens take it with roti pieces in milk with sugar added

if it is a senior citizen with no teeth , he might appreciate it more.

....... you know some senior citizens take it with roti pieces in milk with sugar added

if it is a senior citizen with no teeth , he might appreciate it more.
adak kadavuLE! appadiyAnum andha chappathiyai sappidAttAl enna? :lol:

rajiramji
if mashed rice with sugar and milk is taken by senior citizen with no teeth you would say OK

If tamil senior citizen in north take roti pieces with milk and sugar, it is not OK .lol

Dear Raji Mam, Krish ji,

This chapathi making should be no news to Krish ji, as he lives in NI -- his wife must be an expert on this. I have struggled to make soft chapathis and pulkas for ages. My mom makes good chapathis but not 'pulka' ones. I learnt my chapathi making from her. Basically her chapathi is smallish, takes butter or oil in the dough, and then rolled not too thin or thick, and roasted on the thava both the sides and finally 1/2 a spoon of oil when added, does the trick of making the chapathi puff up!

I tried to make chapathi like NIs for long... finally I have come to the point of putting it on flame with confidence and not adding any oil to it. But still it is not like how NIs make.. So I am watching nice videos on some additional tips of the trade (like making water hot with milk, etc)...

One day I wish to conquer the chapathi world like NIs do! :)

@Mkrishna ji,

Thank you, Sir. Glad you liked this video!

... if mashed rice with sugar and milk is taken by senior citizen with no teeth you would say OK

If tamil senior citizen in north take roti pieces with milk and sugar, it is not OK .lol
Dear Krish Sir,

It is OK for any senior to eat chappathi as long as he is able to digest it!

To be frank, I wonder why people make so much fuss about eating rice, which our ancestors have been eating for ages.

It all depends on the amount we eat. I already wrote about one mAmA who added two chappathis with his regular dinner

and grumbled that he did not lose weight! :lol:

My suggestion for teeth-less seniors is wheat rava upmA! :thumb:

P.S: A type of rice is sold as 'diabetic rice' in Sing Chennai, which costs more than double the price of regular rice!

Dear Jayashree,

I learnt to make phulka from my brother's wife. She is an expert and can toast three at a time on the tAwA and make fluffy 'threes'! :thumb:

But, I have not ventured it and am happy making 'ones'! :)

Dear Krish Sir,

It is OK for any senior to eat chappathi as long as he is able to digest it!

To be frank, I wonder why people make so much fuss about eating rice, which our ancestors have been eating for ages.

It all depends on the amount we eat. I already wrote about one mAmA who added two chappathis with his regular dinner

and grumbled that he did not lose weight! :lol:

My suggestion for teeth-less seniors is wheat rava upmA! :thumb:

P.S: A type of rice is sold as 'diabetic rice' in Sing Chennai, which costs more than double the price of regular rice!
Have you wondered why in north specially delhi , punjab etc people consume wheat.

It is because of the weather.

in winter, it generates body warmth.

most diabetics prefer wheat.

some take wheat saadam made in cookers[dhalia]

though difficut to digest , wheat eater is stronger than rice eater - it is generally believed.

so change over to wheat.lol

Rajiramji
eating chappathi is not a punishment. For diabetic patients like me & wife, it is good. We avoid white rice and it is effective.. For senior citizens without denture it is good to soak and eat. You try soaking in hot pasiparuppu dhall- you will relish it. With many side dishes chappathi is good. And when you travel north india you can enjoy food if you are friendly with chappathi. When you land in saravana bhavan you can avoid chappathi.
We enjoyed all varieties of chappathis when we toured gujarath.
[email protected]

Rajiramji, eating chappathi is not a punishment. .......
It is, for my dear mom!

I always prepare wheat dhOsai for her - the roasted one on a low flame setting!

It will be crispy at on both sides and soft inside! :thumb:

P.S: For wheat dhOsai, 2:1 is the proportion for (wheat : rice) flours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back