• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Information about different types of Vigrahaas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

பலதரப்பட்ட விக்கிரகங்களின் ( கறுப்புக்கல், பளிங்கு etc...) வகைகள், வேறு வேறு தரமான கற்களை உபயோகிப்பதன் காரணங்கள், இவற்றைக்குறித்த தகவல்கள் எங்கு கிடைக்கும், இதற்கான புத்தகங்கள்/ Links தெரிந்தால் சொல்ல முடியுமா?

நன்றி,

-ஸ்ரீனி

I am looking for information on various types of vigrahaas, reasoning behind using different materials, and if there are different practices for different types of vigrahaas etc.. If anyone can direct me onto further reading or can provide info, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,

-Sreeni

Information regarding different types of vigrahaas

Hi,

பலதரப்பட்ட விக்கிரகங்களின் ( கறுப்புக்கல், பளிங்கு etc...) வகைகள், வேறு வேறு தரமான கற்களை உபயோகிப்பதன் காரணங்கள், இவற்றைக்குறித்த தகவல்கள் எங்கு கிடைக்கும், இதற்கான புத்தகங்கள்/ Links தெரிந்தால் சொல்ல முடியுமா?

நன்றி,

-ஸ்ரீனி

I am looking for information on various types of vigrahaas, reasoning behind using different materials, and if there are different practices for different types of vigrahaas etc.. If anyone can direct me onto further reading or can provide info, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,

-Sreeni

Stones for vigraha

I have read that basically there are 3 types of stones. Male Stone, Female Stone and Neither Male nor Female. The male stones are used for the carving of Gods, Female stones are for Goddess and other stones which are considered to be very strong are used as pillars. In some rocks, living being like frog are present inside the rock. Such stones are avoided for temple usage.

Even the carving of different deity will be started and installed at specific auspecious dates considering the Thithi, Vaara and Nakshatra.:flypig:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back