Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rating the Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Sri Praveen Sir

Probably rating the Thread was introduced in lieu of LIKING The Thread which was there earlier; this was removed because many members created many IDS and marking their own thread as LIKE.

In the same way, Rating one's own thread means it gives scope for marking one's own thread as excellent!!

is there anyway, to device a system by which System itself marks a thread with 2 star, 3 Star, and so on which will be bias less.

In the mean time, is there anyway, the system do not allow anyone to rate their own thread; because i see member marking their own thread as excellent which has not attracted many replies or viewed by many.

This is my humble suggestion

Regards

P J

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A good point.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Poor narcissists. Is not it enough that your thoughts are in prints. You cannot like it second time because your thoughts might have improved and the old thoughts stale.
    கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Rating one's own thread by the thread poster defies logic.

Rating the Thread itself is to be done only by the System based on certain criteria.
    Last edited by P.J.; 30-01-2015 at 08:33 PM.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    There are few things I don't worry about in the forum:

1. If my thread is rated 5-star.

2. What is my score.

3. What is my level.

4. Whether someone else's thread is rated 5-star.

5. What is someone else's score, level, achievement or award.

I am very thankful for being able to get my thoughts in print.
    Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu!
    Jai Shri Ram!
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    What made me to open this thread is because someone has marked his thread as Excellent even though it was not viewed by many nor has any reply.

Then i asked Praveen Sir about how Thread Rating is awarded; he said anyone including the Thread opener can rate his own thread as excellent.

This seems to be unscientific way of marking a Thread as Good/ Excellent etc.
    Previously we had a system by which Threads were marked as LIKE , and few members opened many IDs and marked their own Threads as LIKE ( i came to know about this )

Because of this LIKE System was removed and Rating system was introduced; but this system of rating is also misused.

Marking a Thread as Excellent gives a status to it, but this should be done by the System itself, not by members; hence my suggestion.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, yes, PJ ji, liking one's own thread is like the 'like' you give your own post in FB. Looks really silly!
    Sarvam Sri Krishnarpanamastu!
    Jai Shri Ram!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Jayashree,

I wonder why some members are so conscious and crazy about the points scored and awards earned!

Yesterday I noticed that a member who is NOT posting anything now a days has 99% activity!

BTW, what is a big deal if one gives ***** to his / her own thread? Is it equivalent to some Padma award?

And, if there is NO reply, it obviously shows that the OP has given the stars to the thread he /she has started!

There was a member who used to give the 5 star status, soon after his first post in any of the threads!

For other threads - 'Govinda, Goooooovinda'!

P.S: I think if the scores and awards are removed, the forum will be more peaceful!
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Just for information:

Computer Ji gives some awards automatically. The '
    Discussion Ender' award goes to the member, who does not

actually end any discussion but has no reply to many of the threads he has started. Computer Ji takes into account
    the last poster in maximum number of threads (in many cases, the opening poster!) and bestows the award!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The rating system has always been there, even when the likes was there.

The way it is done is all ratings are given by other members and is not automatic.

Unfortunately, it cannot be made automatic as it involves a lot of other complexities in particular the load it places on the database.

So, starting today, a member cannot rate his/her own thread.

The other option is to disable the ratings completely.

Anyways, i will take action on this during this weekend.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.