• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amazing cartoons by R.K.Laxman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I will be posting some of the great cartoons by Shri R.K.Laxman!

B8SE-j7CYAATb8s.jpg:large

"A cartoonist enjoys not a great man but a ridiculous man."
R.K.Laxman.

In the demise of R.K.Laxman, we have lost the independant voice of Common Man, which is silent. His Common man was a silent spectator like us for the past 50 years.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

More Amazing - his reaction to The Moral Policing - Freedom of Expression This message is also for a few in this forum doing exactly this!!!

1. MORARJI DESAI CALLED A CABINET MEETING TO BAN ME

I congratulated myself on having acheived a harmonious routine work, a couple of drinks in the evening at home in the company of my family and retiring early to read in bed. All this was shattered when Morarji Desai became the chief minister of Maharashtra and introduced prohibition to snuff out what he perceived as the evil habit of drinking. It was said he would not even drink plain water to quench his thirst, but would prepare his own 'recycled liquid' from within himself and consume that!

Morarji Desai also banned horse racing and crossword puzzles. A cartoon I drew on this theme annoyed him so much that he held a full cabinet meeting to muzzle me and ban making the government, politicians and ministers objects of ridicule in the name of humour. He was told there was no way of stopping the cartoons since our Constitution fully protected the freedom of expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back