• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How important is to match horoscopes before Marriage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How important is to match horoscopes before Marriage ?

I have seen marriages conducted after horoscope matching, after children are born, due to many reasons couples break; one may say proper Josier ( horoscope reading expert ) was not consulted.

Recently i have attended a marriage ( Parents made horoscope matching ) but just after the marriage, the girl refused t o live the boy even though she agreed to marry the boy earlier

Love marriages are never put into such scanners; There are cases of marriages without horoscope matching and the couple live happily without breaking.

Members, please share your views on this

Thanks

Last edited:
Marriage is a commitment.
If the couple is willing to work for preserving their marriage (or relationship) they can do it. Horoscope or no-horoscope.
I just attended the 50th marriage anniversary of a friend of mine and it was so called love-marriage.
My family member member went through a nasty divorce just after 2 months of an arranged marriage where the horoscope was matched, the family was well matched and had mutual friends.

So a lot depends on the couple and their willingness to compromise.

Americans do not match horoscopes, and divorce rate is 60%.
Horoscope is primary wetting of potential mismatch. And astrologer too plays a part. They who have faith and are sincere and honest will benefit. Doubting Thomases and nitpickers may follow a different system - living-in-compatibility verification. There is no dispute over adjustment and accommodation. One subhashitani puts it this way. When the husband is angry, the wife must keep quiet; when the wife is angry, the husband must become silent and not csay a word. After a cooling period both will embrace each other.
Subhashitas are excellent guides for wisdom and harmony.

in most arranged marriages horoscope matching plays a very important part.

I personally do not believe in horoscope comparison.

however I know how to cast a horoscope and compare also.

I got married conventionally arranged match with 4.5 poruthams out of ten.my prospective inlaws

worried about missing half porutham for a minimal matching and went thru pariharam shelling out

money to Godmen and astrologer. they also ended up wearing various beads and stones to reduce

evil effects away bad grahas. In thought it was humourous and enjoyed their predicament as they

did not also want to miss a good[?] match.

I settled a match ten days back for a boy of my family of my grandchildren generation.-an arranged matched again

I did not match horoscopes. I looked at the edu and job details of the girl and left it to the girl and

boy to decide if they would like to marry . I said I am only a facilitator and nothing more.Times

have changed. we cannot talk of horoscopes and stars when brahmin girls are calling the shots and

deciding who they will marry and on what conditions. it is sensible to take the best of what one can

get than talk of either parents status or horoscopes. it is more sensible to match place of work of

boy and girl and their future plans together.

parents can abdicate their role as children are mature enough to decide what is good for them.

we can instead bless them in case they decide to marry and see that marriage takes place without

putting hurdles by talking of stars and horoscopes

In every aspect of our culture the quality of service is deteriorating. Thus we have vadhyars who do not know even the basics of Sanskrit, tearing and stretching and hammering the mantras out of shape, like the archakas in temples doing archanas in a strange language which is neither sanskrit nor tamil, we have astrologers who do not know astrology.

For an astrologer knowledge of astrology has to be accompanied by experience and intuition. He should also have knowledge of pariharams for doshas. Most of the astrologers know only the astrology part of the knowledge. They learn astrology from books available in the market and go about practising the horoscope matching. This kind of quackery combined with brahmins' tendency to go by hearsay -- like pen moolam nirmoolam, kettai jeshtanukku aakathu, pooradam nooldathu, rohini ammaanukku kedu, Ayilyaththu maamiyar athirsandhiyile etc., nonsense--leads to our astrologers playing on the fear psychology of parents.

To be an astrologer to be consulted for horoscope matching for marriage, the astrologer has to have a holistic approach to the matter. This kind of a good astrologer is a rarity. So what do we do?

I would advise people to go a good astro matching site and give the details of the boy and girl horoscopes and ask for the matching. The result comes in a few minutes and we can decide on that basis. Because it is just a programme which does the job we can atleast have the satisfaction that we did the matching and go ahead with fixing the marriage or looking for another suitable match. Astrologers are mostly pains.

If the parents are so evolved that they believe the stars which are just part of the solar system and so can not affect the lives of people on earth, they can completely dispense with horoscope matching and take whatever comes.

Our marriage being arranged marriage, was decided upon after seeking astro matching consultation. We met Shri. Kousigan, a popular Jyotishi in chennai. When my father took my jatakam along with a bunch of prospective 'varans', the jyotishi took 1 look at my hubby's chart and said, "idhuthaan aagum". And then my husband came to see me and our marriage was arranged. Our marriage is good irrespective of the fact that both our horoscopes contain 'doshas' relating to the 7th house... since I don't know astrology I cannot tell the extent of this dosha, but since knowing from some basics, I know 7th lord in debility, 7th lord in 6, etc do not augur very well for marriage, nevertheless when partners contain similar doshas, it is said to be 'dosha saamyam' and the marriage goes good. This is why good horoscope matching can facilitate a marriage and I believe in some capable jyotishas along with certain right nimittas in aiding mankind to avail of this service.

In the good old days, matching did not stop with counting nakshtras and houses, but a broad analysis of individual horoscope and mapping data bhukti over a long period, to check match or mismatch of good and bad periods. It is not just simple mathematical calculation, but evaluation coupled with intuition.

Ayurveda too has got into the same slot, because the earlier holistic approach and understanding the patient is missing.

If the parties are keen to compare, they should have faith in the system and consult able astrologers.

I do not believe in Horoscope. I do not mind if other are doing it.
Even in India A true and accurate horoscope matching is not possible. Other than Middle and upper caste people others do not have horoscope cast. They may not even know the exact time of birth.

In this world there are lot of coincidences and not necessarily they are correlated.
It is stupidity to correlate horoscope matching and divorce rate.
Divorce is a social phenomena and is increasing in India.
In Saudi Arabia they do not match horoscope but the divorce rate is low.

It just goes to show personal bias, and ignorance to post something so unconnected as to post divorce rate in America, in a post about horoscope matching.

I would advise people to go a good astro matching site and give the details of the boy and girl horoscopes and ask for the matching. The result comes in a few minutes and we can decide on that basis. Because it is just a programme which does the job we can atleast have the satisfaction that we did the matching and go ahead with fixing the marriage or looking for another suitable match. Astrologers are mostly pains.

If the parents are so evolved that they believe the stars which are just part of the solar system and so can not affect the lives of people on earth, they can completely dispense with horoscope matching and take whatever comes.

This seems to be a very practical / sensible advice for those who insist on Horoscope matching

After getting the matching of horoscopes done through website the parents along with the boy or girl can go the temple and pray for grace of god before finalising the alliance. This ofcourse presumes that other aspects like physical, financial,gothra,caste,religion,qualifications etc are matched already.

The mind set of Brahmin Girls/ Parents of the girls have changed in the past two decades, due to employment opportunities
in India and Abroad; having tasted unimaginable freedom tasted by the girls, they postpone their marriage to enjoy their life in whatever way they wish; after that it would be very difficult for them to adjust and live with a man who may impose some conditions. this results in misunderstandings and divorce.

hi

arranged marriages generally goes through horoscope match making.....just info..i have more than 100 books about astrology/

horoscope match making too...i had some course on astrology..still i believe in VIDHI AND KARMA.....the first sloka of any

horoscope......poorva krita ....likyate janma patrika.....so if we go through the sloka...ITS PURE DESTINY....BUT FOR

SELF SATISFACTION....many love marriages are successful without horoscope.....many arranged marriages are failed

with horoscope match making.....in many cases....different system of horoscope match making by different sages...

varaha mihira theories are different from parasara...SOME SAY 10 PRUTHAMS...SOME SAY 7 MAIN PORUTHAMS....

the subject is a big occean...

The mind set of Brahmin Girls/ Parents of the girls have changed in the past two decades, due to employment opportunities
in India and Abroad; having tasted unimaginable freedom tasted by the girls, they postpone their marriage to enjoy their life in whatever way they wish; after that it would be very difficult for them to adjust and live with a man who may impose some conditions. this results in misunderstandings and divorce.
PJsir

The postive is girls have got well educated and are getting employment opportunities in india and

elsewhere.

but that has also lead to an over reaction setting terms to prospective bridegroom regarding whom

they will not support from inlaws family. mostly parents of the boys are the worst sufferers . these

girls end up ill treating the inlaws and many are getting into senior citizen homes or living

separately away from sons. Daughters claim special relationship with their own parents and many

boys end up putting up inlaws in their homes or having them close to their own homes.The

traditional families with boys parents living with son and DIL are disappearing.

delays in marriage age to 26-29 yrs for girls and boys over 30 is becoming common place.

marriage has become a looser bond as there is no economic compulsion to put up with boy or his

family at all costs.this is empowerment of women. better digest it and live with it.

one way out is get boys married off as soon as they get a job -23-24yrs and if one is lucky some

young educated working girl even of same age could be found. the adjustment process would be

easier as both can be moulded to suit the larger family.

my approach is to find girls for boys when they are young who meet the minimal criteria of

education , job and good looks and

compromise on everything else if required.

It is very easy and takes only couple of months to find a match

After getting the matching of horoscopes done through website the parents along with the boy or girl can go the temple and pray for grace of god before finalising the alliance. This ofcourse presumes that other aspects like physical, financial,gothra,caste,religion,qualifications etc are matched already.
with economic liberation of women,horoscopes and caste are becoming irrelevant.there is dilution

of caste -a brahmin is becoming acceptable to another brahmin.some other castes are also

getting into relationship with brahmins.there might be some meaning in matching physical,financial , edu and

work details of boy and girl.

the compromises have become a necessity regarding horoscope and caste matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back