• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ksheedhaham related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Am Harish, a member from Abu Dhabi and am Iyer.
Recently my younger cousin brother (son of my uncle, chiththappa, father's younder brother) was blessed with a baby boy and hence we have what is called Ksheedhaham or Vriddhi theettu. For how many days is this theettu?

I want to know whether one can continue to light the lamp (vilakku) at home and chant shlokas and sahasranamas during this time. And what about sandhyavandanam - is one allowed to do this during this theettu?
And what about vigraham pooja like putting flowers or coins for 108 names of Lakshmi etc. Can one do that during the theettu?

Some one who knows about these traditions kindly answer my queries. My parents are also confused. As i have stopped all the routine prayers for the timebeing.

Thanks,
Harish

''When a child is born only the mother observes a period of sütakam lasting for 10 days,

the father is purified immediately by taking a bath [after visiting the nursing home or the lying-in chamber].''

Source:
Ritual - what you need to know

As far as I know, for birth of a child in the family, anyone except the mother of the newborn can light the lamp in the pooja room

and do the daily simple prayer. KOlam is drawn at the entrance, as usual. Going to temples can resume after ten days.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH RAJI RAM. Very Useful information. Now i KNOW that i can go ahead and continue my regular sandhyavandanam and prayers.

Thank you P J for your help. But i cannot read tamil as i was raised i Delhi. Anyways thanks RAJI RAM has provided the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back