• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Krishna says ‘of the daityas, I am Prahalada’ -Verse 10.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Krishna says ‘of the daityas, I am Prahalada’ -Verse 10.30

When we ponder on the term Bhakti is and the devotees of the Lord [Bhaktas], the most ardent devotee of the Lord is Prahlada. The reason why he is greatest of the bhaktas is because he did not have any specific reasons for doing bhakti to the Lord. His devotion to the Lord was a spontaneous and even when he faced problems and had afflictions from his own father, he did not cry out to the Lord for help and resolution. It was indeed the duty of the Lord to save Prahlada when he was in danger.

Prahlada was a Sathyasandha [truthful person] and it is verily because he was truthful, the Lord came in front of Hiranyakashipu.

The Lord did not take such a beautiful form when he came in front of Prahlada and Hiranyakashipu. He did not take the form of an animal nor a human-being. He had taken the half-human and half-animal form. That form of the Lord scared lot of people. But there was one person who was not scared and it was Hiranyakashipu. He thought that it was some animal which entered his courtyard and he started to fight the Lord who had come down as Lord .

nrsimhadevfurious.jpg

The Lord was not able to be propitiated. His anger was so much that even Goddess Lakshmi was scared to go near the Lord.

When all of them were gripping in fear on seeing the countenance of the Lord, there was one person who was not scared by his form and it was verily Lord Prahalad. He boldly went to the Lord and took a seat on his lap and started to do a stuthi. Before he started off with his beautiful stuthi, Prahalada cried out,
”Oh Lord, So many of them have sung beautiful verses in praise of you and yet you are still seem to be outraged. I am a foolish little boy and are you going reconcile by the song of mine? He immediately replied to his own question. He said “Oh Lord, yes you will be pleased with my song. Didn’t you not become happy with an elephant’s call in which he shouted your name for help. You came down to rescue him. Our Guru Maharaj puts this in a beautiful kirtan – “oru nazhikayil avan thapmaum thirdadandro” – nazhikai is a very small instant of time. It took the Lord a fraction of second for him to come down to save Gajendra.

“Naham bibhemyajitha theathibhayanakasya
jihvarkanaetrabrukutirabhasogradhamsthath
Annthrasthrja: kshathajhakesarashankhukarnaan
nirhradhabithadigibhadabinnakagrat”

We become scared when we first see a small worm, but after some time when we see a snake, we are no longer scared of the small worm. Akin to this fact, Prahalada says he is afraid of something. He is afraid of the dreaded whirlpool called samsara which is even more gory and getting caught in the samsara is more sorrowful. Oh Lord you are the elixir [kalpataru] who can bestow moksha and liberate one from the clutches of samsara says Prahalada in his stuthi. He cries to the Lord that the deadliest disease that one can be afflicted is verily the samsara. Samsara does not mean family life but attachment to the family life. The moment one is detatched from family life and always thinking of the Lord is attaining moksha from this mundane world.

Akin to this fact, Prahalada says he is afraid of something. He is afraid of the dreaded whirlpool called samsara which is even more gory and getting caught in the samsara is more sorrowful.

Oh Lord you are the elixir [kalpataru] who can bestow moksha and liberate one from the clutches of samsara says Prahalada in his stuthi. He cries to the Lord that the deadliest disease that one can be afflicted is verily the samsara. Samsara does not mean family life but attachment to the family life.

The moment one is detached from family life and always thinking of the Lord is attaining moksha from this mundane world.

Lord Narashima said to Prahalad (Bhagwatam, 7/9/52), “Son, ask for a boon. Prahalad said, “May I say something? Please don’t feel bad.” Sri Narsihma said, “Tell me.”

Prahalad continued, “If a human being had no material desire, then he would become like you, my Lord. I don’t want to have any desires. I won’t ask for anything.” Lord Narshima Bhagwan said, “My child, everyone asks for a boon when they see me. Because you are a child you don’t realize this, so ask.”

Pahalad said (Bhagwatam, 7/10/7), “Alright. My wish is that I never have any desires and I never ask anything from you. Please grant me this wish and guarantee that I will always remain this way.”

The Bhakti of Prahlaada is ananyam. Though he was kid and his father tortured him so much, he never thought about anything other than Shri Hari. Hence Mahaavishnu saved him. Prahlaada comes first in the list of Bhaktas and is a maarga-darshi for us.

Bhagavad-gita As It Is Chapter 10 Verse 30

https://moralstories.wordpress.com/2006/12/24/bhakta-prahlaada/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back