• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sundarakanda Parayanam in Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir
I do not know Sanskrit . But I want to recite Sundarakandam as parayanam in Tamil whenever I find time. Is it OK if I recite the same which has come in essay form and published by LIFCO in Tamil? There are 68 Sargams excluding Pattabhishekam which is a separate sargam . The title of the book is Srimad Valmiki Ramayanam- Sundarakandam in Tamil brought out by Lifco and written by Sri U.V. Srinivasa Iyengar who has translated it. The advice will be very useful to me. Thanks

Sainathan (member)

[email protected]

Another book in which provides lyrics in both sanskrit and Tamil is available from Giri Trading Agency

Tite: Srimath vAlmIki rAmAyaNam Sunndhara kANtam (mUlam)
ஸ்ரீமத் வால்மீகி ராமாயணம் ஸுந்தரகாண்டம் (மூலம்)
Gita series number 247
cost Rs. 175 (We got our copy in 2001 or so)
Giri Trading Agency
10, kapAlIsuvarar sannathi theru
MylApur , cennai 4 GIRI For Indian Culture and Tradition | Pooja and Temple Items | Books on Hinduism | CDs on Classical and Devotional

LIFCO edition gives parayana murai also. There is a difference between parayanam and studying at convenient timings.

Geetha Press Gorakhpur also publsihed sundarakandam in various languages at very very nominal price. Also the tamil book is printed with numbering consonants for Alphabets.

Hello,

Doing a parayanam in "Predesha Basha"(regional language) has the same merit as it has for the sanskrit. As Mr. sarang rightly said there is a difference between convinient reading and parayanam. If you wish to learn the sanskrit form(with meanings included) please drop me a note.

Thanks,
Arun M

In kamba ramayanam too sundara kandam is available- tamil- easily understandable. In any language you do the parayanam it has its effects. But as another member wrote lot of difference between parayanam- 7 days or 9 days- and reading. For parayanam you have to observe many rules and from personal experiance it has the effect. I have enjoyed the fruit. Start on good thursday and complete 9 days on friday- do pooja- honour one brahmin with good food- it is very effective.
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back