• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

whither CBSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBSE students are unable to copete with state board students in terms of marks scored in +2 exams. thy are at disadvanageos position for admission when it comes to admission in professional colleges. how can this anomoly be rectified? do each state needs it's own syllabus? can't we be uniform in framing syllabus?what is the pattern in US & other western countries?

re

In Australia there is uniformity in sylabus.

In India CBSE is uniform all India.

States have independent syllabus,which should be encouraged.

Competetion amongst all India level and State level is existing all over the world.

I think India is doing very good job in education,but don't understand the influx of students from India to Australia,UK,New-Zealand,USA as a final destination?Maybe the proverb,the other side of grass is greener,is luring Indian students to leave India.Huge brain drain and collossal waste of human resources.

gopal.

it is ultimately the mark that determines what you will study & what you are going to be. when ther is no uniform single window to award the marks, what is the best way for higher education?

kaly,

you have raised atleast two other threads.

please be aware that disk space costs money. also clutter.

i had requested for some clarification in one of your threads, and you have not replied.

please do not use this forum in a casual way in a response to a curiosity of the moment. please think it over, and if possible, resuscitate existing or past threads where your queries could be accommodated.

and please be courteous to reply to responses. after all conversation is a two way street.

i suggest that you use this forum more wisely.

thank you.

Since 'education' is in concurrent list, centre alone cannot initiate any steps unilaterally. But, we may persuade through High Court, Supreme Court and all India Professional bodies like MCI, AICTE etc. to advise all the states to follow weighted average marks to determine the eligibility for admission to professional courses.

It needs a little explanation.

No. of students who scored centum in a particular subject, multiplied by 100.

No. students who scored 99 marks in the same subject, multiplied by 99.

And so on.

Finally, these are to be added and average found.

Then weighted average for each board examination (State, Matriculation, CBSE, ICSE etc.) separately is to be found. Finally, the percentile score by taking the median under each stream to be arrived.

This will be a fair and just mechanism, so that no student is discriminated because of the choice of his syllabus or educational system.

Last edited:
Those who pursue CBSE can switchover to State Board at plus one level. CBSE students pursuing plus two through state board are able to improve their mark drastically after switch over.

Those who want to write all India competitive exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITS and others can still pursue at CBSE itself during plus two where they get a competitive advantage as compared to State Board students.

National University of Singapore admits about 100 plus two passed students every year purely on merit. Education is self financing with a condition that students have to work compulsorily in Singapore for a period of atleast two years after studies. To my knowledge only CBSE plus two passed students are selected who score 470 marks in their final exam.

Parents have to take a call after 10th whether they have to continue under Central or State stream.

Cbse vs state

CBSE is test of recognition.STATE BOARD is test of memory.CBSE NEEDs astudent to internalise the subjects.STATE BOARDS onle emphasise quote from memory.Therefore CBSE is like investment(LONG TERM GOALS) and state board is like speculations(SHORT TERM GOALS).WE will always have to remember that AT EVERY DOOR OF A RICH EXPERIENCE THERE IS AN ALTAR OF SACRIFICE)
IT IS FOR US TO CHOOSE "THE LESS TRODDEN CBSE PATH" OR THE EASY"STATE BOARD WITH LESS SWEAT TEARS AND Toil"
VENKATADRI

CBSE is test of recognition.STATE BOARD is test of memory.CBSE NEEDs astudent to internalise the subjects.STATE BOARDS onle emphasise quote from memory.Therefore CBSE is like investment(LONG TERM GOALS) and state board is like speculations(SHORT TERM GOALS).WE will always have to remember that AT EVERY DOOR OF A RICH EXPERIENCE THERE IS AN ALTAR OF SACRIFICE)
IT IS FOR US TO CHOOSE "THE LESS TRODDEN CBSE PATH" OR THE EASY"STATE BOARD WITH LESS SWEAT TEARS AND Toil"
VENKATADRI

What you say is true. However if a student pursues CBSE stream upto 10th standard, it is always better. Switching over from CBSE to State syllabus after tenth standard is possible where as vice versa is not possible.

Parents have to take a call at the end of 10th standard exam whether to pursue the same CBSE at plus one level or switch over to State board.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

i was told by my relatives that cbse is more difficult than state boards. so it may not be for everyone.

also, i was told, that transferring to the state board for +2, from cbse is a strategic move because, the student, used to high pressure study, now finds the subjects relatively easy.

this helps secure higher marks and hence college & course of choice.

also, it appears, atleast in tamil nadu, the selections for colleges have a strong bias for the state board. so i was told.

all of the above are debatable.

also, i may be completely wrong here, on all counts.

thank you.

Shree Kunjuppu,

You are correct,its the truth here.

gopal.

i was told by my relatives that cbse is more difficult than state boards. so it may not be for everyone.

also, i was told, that transferring to the state board for +2, from cbse is a strategic move because, the student, used to high pressure study, now finds the subjects relatively easy.

this helps secure higher marks and hence college & course of choice.

also, it appears, atleast in tamil nadu, the selections for colleges have a strong bias for the state board. so i was told.

all of the above are debatable.

also, i may be completely wrong here, on all counts.
thank you.

There is no bias `on paper' as such in the admissions to Tamilnadu Professional colleges. However number of students scoring 100% in core subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology is very large among State Board students. Under CBSE stream, inspite of hard work & tough syllabus, hardly few get such marks. When they apply for state level professional colleges, CBSE students automatically thrown down on the merit list whereas state board students always come on top of the merit list because of the large number.

If a CBSE student switches over to State Board after 10th standard, he scores very high marks in state board 12 final exam since he/she finds the state board exam much easier.

However if a CBSE student want to go for all India professional exams, it is better to pursue plus one under CBSE stream itself since they can score much better as compared to state board students.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back