Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Down & Under

s007bala Guest

Down & Under

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...-students.html

Its such a shameful acts,that 20 attacks have taken place as 'curry bashing'.In fact i recall my visit to Melborne in 2007,when i did encounter an incident in the train,and since i was in American mode of thinking,i thought at that time the incident to be,a prank by some radio unit for publicity.Its now dawning into my dimwitted brain cell,it was a racial slur on the color of my skin.

Thank god,Americans are tolerant people compared to Aussies,Canadians,Brits & New-Zealanders.In my ten years of existence in this country only three incidents of racial remarks have been passed on,owing to color of the skin.Though i suspect its dormant,if Rush Limbaugh & Duck Chunny are the new voice of GOP. .

sb
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri s007bala,

Need to correct you on this. Can you justify your statements on any words/actions that either of these two men have done?

It has become a fashion to vilify these men just because they are white. Yes, Rush makes incendiary statements now and then but nothing racist to my knowledge (do you think they would allow him on the air if he made any racist comments? - remember the shock jock from DC who was banned?).

By the way what 'racist' word did Cheney utter? Or what policies he advocated that was racist?

Please do not throw around ideas/words without any justification and perpetuate myths.

Regards,
    KRS

Quote Originally Posted by s007bala View Post
    Though i suspect its dormant,if Rush Limbaugh & Duck Chunny are the new voice of GOP. .

sb
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    s007bala Guest

re

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Sri s007bala,

Need to correct you on this. Can you justify your statements on any words/actions that either of these two men have done?

It has become a fashion to vilify these men just because they are white. Yes, Rush makes incendiary statements now and then but nothing racist to my knowledge (do you think they would allow him on the air if he made any racist comments? - remember the shock jock from DC who was banned?).

By the way what 'racist' word did Cheney utter? Or what policies he advocated that was racist?

Please do not throw around ideas/words without any justification and perpetuate myths.

Regards,
    KRS
    Shriman KRS Avargale :

Mr.Dick Cheney should be following President Bush as his leader and keep quiet.Instead he is picking on President Barrack Obama,with regards enhanced interrogation techniques aka torture.Morever he has openly declared that Mr.Colin Powell in a very dimished way comparing to Mr.Rush Limbaugh.And Rush Limbaugh is a rascist,the whole world knows it,if one listens to his,raving and ranting of democrats and especially of President Barrack Hussain Obama.

Therefore Dick Cheney is also a rascist,is my inference,as he is supportive of Rush.The utter lies told to us for invading Iraq and sacrificing our men & women even now,is beyond me.In my opinion if Mr.Colin Powell had run for presidency,he would have been our first (black) african-american president instead of President Barrack Hussain Obama.Anyways,i am totally at peace with our present goverment and we will prevail,is my firm conviction.

Nothing personal against you or your personal preference of GOP if any,so please do not read anything between lines,is my humble request to you!

Regards

sb.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri s007bala,

I am not also saying anything personal. So don't take it to be so. Also, I am not a republican. But since you intend to spout off on my country with mis information, I am setting the record straight. By the way, if you can, please drop the 'Avargale' part. My answers are in 'blue' below:

Shriman KRS Avargale :

Mr.Dick Cheney should be following President Bush as his leader and keep quiet.Instead he is picking on President Barrack Obama,with regards enhanced interrogation techniques aka torture.
    There are only self imposed 'keeping quiet' period. When the President breaches it by himself slamming the outgoing administration by saying they did 'immoral' acts and releases only the portion of secutity documents to prove his case and not the whole document describing the results from those interrogation, yes, Cheney and Bush has every right to defend themselves. By the way you are repeating what every left winger has been repeating. Water Boarding by the UN standard is not 'torture'. So, please don't repeat what others say, without checking.
    Morever he has openly declared that Mr.Colin Powell in a very dimished way comparing to Mr.Rush Limbaugh.
    When Poweell supports openly a democrat for a president, yes, his republican credentials should be questioned. What is wrong with that?
    And Rush Limbaugh is a rascist,the whole world knows it,if one listens to his,raving and ranting of democrats and especially of President Barrack Hussain Obama.
    You seem to confuse between 'racism' and political views. Please look up at the definition of racism in the dictionary, before you make such statements. Obama can by criticized on his ploicies as well as the democrats. Just because Obama is black that does not constitute racism. By the way, have you heard Limbaugh's broadcasts or are you describing him from what others say? If you have, can you tell me exactly what 'racist' ranting and raving he has done?

Therefore Dick Cheney is also a rascist,is my inference,as he is supportive of Rush.
    Oh, your logic is this. Obama was in a church where the pastor said racist remarks. In fact he was Obama's personal Pastor. So it makes Obama racist in your inference, correct?
    The utter lies told to us for invading Iraq and sacrificing our men & women even now,is beyond me.In my opinion if Mr.Colin Powell had run for presidency,he would have been our first (black) african-american president instead of President Barrack Hussain Obama.Anyways,i am totally at peace with our present goverment and we will prevail,is my firm conviction.
    All this has nothing to do with my question to you on racism. By the way, I thought you are not a US citizen. Where does 'our government' figure in?

I do not think you have established your claim of saying that Cheney and Limbaugh are racists. You just made your statement without any foundation of fact behind it.

Nothing personal against you or your personal preference of GOP if any,so please do not read anything between lines,is my humble request to you!

Regards

sb.
    Regards,
    KRS
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    s007bala Guest

re

0 Not allowed!
    Shriman KRS

I am not also saying anything personal. So don't take it to be so. Also, I am not a republican. But since you intend to spout off on my country with mis information, I am setting the record straight. By the way, if you can, please drop the 'Avargale' part. My answers are in 'blue' below:
    Thanks for making me more civil in my writings in the forum.Glad to know you are not a republican too, now.Two wars,is the cause of the downfall of USA economy which is having ripple effect worldover like dominoes.Lets agree to dis-agree about the informations that we both aquire,thru our sources.

There are only self imposed 'keeping quiet' period. When the President breaches it by himself slamming the outgoing administration by saying they did 'immoral' acts and releases only the portion of secutity documents to prove his case and not the whole document describing the results from those interrogation, yes, Cheney and Bush has every right to defend themselves. By the way you are repeating what every left winger has been repeating. Water Boarding by the UN standard is not 'torture'. So, please don't repeat what others say, without checking.
    The reason President BHO is doin becoz,he is trying to salvage our lost glory,by being a true American,honed with righteous values.If the entire documents are released,a virtual pandemonium may erupt,as its so very volatile.It will be like how Vietnam war was forcibly stopped when truth was published,televised,and made politicians squirm in their seats.Water boarding by UN standards?Let me check and get back to you on this exactly.

When Poweell supports openly a democrat for a president, yes, his republican credentials should be questioned. What is wrong with that?
    Poor Powell had to lie beneath his teeth and sell his soul for republicans,and Cheney is drubbing him.If not for Powell presentation in UN,we would never have even got to the corner of 45th street,let alone Iraq or Afghanistan.

You seem to confuse between 'racism' and political views. Please look up at the definition of racism in the dictionary, before you make such statements. Obama can by criticized on his ploicies as well as the democrats. Just because Obama is black that does not constitute racism. By the way, have you heard Limbaugh's broadcasts or are you describing him from what others say? If you have, can you tell me exactly what 'racist' ranting and raving he has done?
    We all know whats going here.Now you want to defend Rush,be my guest.Obama is bi-racial.He is not black exactly.I certainly have listened to Rush,though i assume its a show for a living he has to make.

Oh, your logic is this. Obama was in a church where the pastor said racist remarks. In fact he was Obama's personal Pastor. So it makes Obama racist in your inference, correct?
    He ditched the pastor,when he went overboard with public lunatic pronouncements.Somethings said inside the church are between the four walls of the church and the lord only,imho.When speaking publicly,we should be watching out.

All this has nothing to do with my question to you on racism. By the way, I thought you are not a US citizen. Where does 'our government' figure in?
    Rascism exists in United Staes Of America-period.Lets leave it at that.You are correct,as i am not an American and i think neither are you an Indian,yet that has not stopped you from expressing yourself?.'Our Goverment'=i am paying my taxes,the public officials salary,is also partly from me,therefore,i infer this is my goverment too,despite the fact i cannot vote.

I do not think you have established your claim of saying that Cheney and Limbaugh are racists. You just made your statement without any foundation of fact behind it.
    I usually quote my oft repeated quotes,but knowing where it lands me,i better not write it.I am living here,i know whats going on here.So,i have my opinions based on my experiances and you have yours based on your experiances.Lets leave it that.

Regards

sb.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri s007bala,

Thank you for a very cogent response.

Now, let us not look at the politics of today and it is a different topic.

I asked you to substantiate your assertion of calling some people 'racist'. This word carries with it a very deep ugly meaning and I do not think such a word should be tagged on anyone without proof.

Seems to me that you have admitted that you do not really have any proof to call Rush a 'racist'. Because if you have listened to his broadcasts consistently, you would not call him that. From what I know about him from his broadcasts, I would term him a 'fundamental Conservative'. By the way, again, you called Cheney a 'racist' because you called Rush a 'racist'. Again, the classic tale of 'guilt by association' and in this case there was no guilt in the first place!

Do I know whether Rush is not a racist? No, I do not. On the same token, do I know he is a racist? No I do not. Neither do you. That's what I pointed out above. Let us not unnecessarily demonize people just because we do not agree with their politics.

I do not judge people by the color of their skin. This includes Powell. He was a brilliant army General, but politics is not his strength. As much as I want to give credence to someone like Obama because of his skin color I judge him by his behaviour. That is why I think that he is anti India (Bush turned out to be India's best freiend) and more than that by saying that jobs should not go to B'lore but to Buffalo, he is creating animosity towards India. All this because he is catering to the Service Union in USA. His proposed double tax on foreign business will only hurt India and it is against the principles of open markets and globalization.

By the way, one more misstatement from you that I need to correct. The world recession is not due to the wars, but rather due to the bursting of housing bubble and the resuting financial market melt down and the cridit issue therefrom.

Also, I asked you about your citizenship precisely because one time before you asked myself and Sri Kunjuppu Ji that why we talk about Indian politics, because we could not vote there. Thank you for answering that question by yourself. India after all is our Mother Land.

Regards,
    KRS
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    s007bala Guest

re

0 Not allowed!
    Sri s007bala,

Thank you for a very cogent response.

Now, let us not look at the politics of today and it is a different topic.

I asked you to substantiate your assertion of calling some people 'racist'. This word carries with it a very deep ugly meaning and I do not think such a word should be tagged on anyone without proof.
    Shriman KRS

I am talking about past,present and what probably will happen in the future.Rascism,exists at all places in the world.Maybe the nomenclature used is a different one.

Seems to me that you have admitted that you do not really have any proof to call Rush a 'racist'. Because if you have listened to his broadcasts consistently, you would not call him that. From what I know about him from his broadcasts, I would term him a 'fundamental Conservative'. By the way, again, you called Cheney a 'racist' because you called Rush a 'racist'. Again, the classic tale of 'guilt by association' and in this case there was no guilt in the first place!
    What kind of proof do you need?

Do I know whether Rush is not a racist? No, I do not. On the same token, do I know he is a racist? No I do not. Neither do you. That's what I pointed out above. Let us not unnecessarily demonize people just because we do not agree with their politics.
    I am not demonising him.Thats how he is being perceived at least in major TV networks,reporters,other sources which are rock solid...etc

I do not judge people by the color of their skin. This includes Powell. He was a brilliant army General, but politics is not his strength. As much as I want to give credence to someone like Obama because of his skin color I judge him by his behaviour.
    Sure,a politically diplomatic correct thing to write.Its like saying,in India there is no casteism.But then,you are different,which i am beginning to understand about your nature.Hope you still cling to being a brahmana of the Tamizh variety

That is why I think that he is anti India (Bush turned out to be India's best freiend) and more than that by saying that jobs should not go to B'lore but to Buffalo, he is creating animosity towards India. All this because he is catering to the Service Union in USA. His proposed double tax on foreign business will only hurt India and it is against the principles of open markets and globalization.
    President Obama is not creating any animosity between anyone,to my knowledge.He is serving the American peoples interest,best known to him.

By the way, one more misstatement from you that I need to correct. The world recession is not due to the wars, but rather due to the bursting of housing bubble and the resuting financial market melt down and the cridit issue therefrom.
    I agree to dis-agree with your observations.

Also, I asked you about your citizenship precisely because one time before you asked myself and Sri Kunjuppu Ji that why we talk about Indian politics, because we could not vote there. Thank you for answering that question by yourself. India after all is our Mother Land.

Regards,
    KRS
    I am glad thats out of the way,but your mother land is USA as you are citizen of this country and hold an American passport,isn't it?.Hope you and Kunjuppu are still paying income taxes in India,as i am here ,as my friend told me ,an NRI=non reliable indian, despite me being Indian Citizen,so much for respect my country men .

sb
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Sri s007bala,

My response in 'blue':

Shriman KRS

I am talking about past,present and what probably will happen in the future.Rascism,exists at all places in the world.Maybe the nomenclature used is a different one.
    Of course racism exits. But the issue here is whether Rush Limbaugh and Cheney are racists as you have claimed.

What kind of proof do you need?
    Point me to any specific words or deeds that either of these men uttered or did to support your claim that they are racists.

I am not demonising him.Thats how he is being perceived at least in major TV networks,reporters,other sources which are rock solid...etc
    Which rock solid TV/reporters/other sources said that Limbaugh is a racist? Can you name them? Do you know on what basis they called him that (if you can find any).

Sure,a politically diplomatic correct thing to write.Its like saying,in India there is no casteism.But then,you are different,which i am beginning to understand about your nature.Hope you still cling to being a brahmana of the Tamizh variety
    Sir, I am a human being first. I don't know what you imply by your statement. Who said, there is no cateism in India? or no racism in USA? I was talking about myself.

President Obama is not creating any animosity between anyone,to my knowledge.He is serving the American peoples interest,best known to him.
    He is not serving my interests. He is going to finish worse than Carter, the way he is going.

I agree to dis-agree with your observations.
    Well again, your opinions are not based on well accepted facts. Your is an opinion. Mine is based on fact. Of course, we can agree to disagree.

I am glad thats out of the way,but your mother land is USA as you are citizen of this country and hold an American passport,isn't it?.Hope you and Kunjuppu are still paying income taxes in India,as i am here ,as my friend told me ,an NRI=non reliable indian, despite me being Indian Citizen,so much for respect my country men .
    America is my father land. This is where I found my livelihood and family. But India is where I was born and spent the first 23 years of my life. So it is my motherland.

Paying tax alone doesn't make you adopt a country. You are paying taxes because you were let in to do a job and got paid for it. So, please do not think that it is a privilege for you to pay taxes. It is the other way around. The privilege is that you were given a chance to come here and make money.

sb
    Regards,
    KRS
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Sri s007bala,

My response in 'blue':

Regards,
    KRS
    hi all...
    once president said...there is no redor blue states in election campaign
    here....but still GOP thinks other way....recent example of supreme
    court judge nomination.....racism still here....it wuill be in future too..
    nobody cannot deny the truth..........like new cast system in india...
    called sc /st/ obc/mobc etc.. now new cast system created by
    the government...

reagrds
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    So, Sri TBS Ji,

You think the democrats do not think in terms of red and blue states? I know you live in the USA. How long you have been living here sir? Do you understand the politics here to make such a statement?

So, you think the GOP is wrong in contesting the SC nomination? Why?

Regards,
    KRS

Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi all...
    once president said...there is no redor blue states in election campaign
    here....but still GOP thinks other way....recent example of supreme
    court judge nomination.....racism still here....it wuill be in future too..
    nobody cannot deny the truth..........like new cast system in india...
    called sc /st/ obc/mobc etc.. now new cast system created by
    the government...

reagrds
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast