• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Intelligence DNA linked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janaki Jambunathan

Noble lauret James Watson who shared the Noble Prize for the Double helix structre of DNA had to sell that medal He spoke his mind seven years ago - "all our social policies are basd on the fact that their intelligenceis is the same as ours, whereas all the testings ar not really" This created a huge contravery and he had to apolazise since it is politically incorrect! and he became an "unperson" in the scientic community

Noble lauret James Watson who shared the Noble Prize for the Double helix structre of DNA had to sell that medal He spoke his mind seven years ago - "all our social policies are basd on the fact that their intelligenceis is the same as ours, whereas all the testings ar not really" This created a huge contravery and he had to apolazise since it is politically incorrect! and he became an "unperson" in the scientic community

Hi,

Everyone who knows the truth will tell you that the connection between DNA and intelligence has been proved beyond any doubt. But, yes, it is politically incorrect to say that as yet.

Namaste,

I too believe that intelligence is DNA related. However, a certain degree of intellectual responsiveness and alertness is well developed by reasonably adequate exposure to a variety of activities that engages as much parts of the brain as can be. I have elsewhere read scientific evidence pointing to this. This is why even stroke victims and victims of brain damage of any sort are engaged in constant activity of some sort since stimulus to CNS activates parts of brain that remain dormant for the most part. Though this may not be related to intelligence, it is sort of a proof that feeding as much of the brain as possible is conducive to getting 'the most' out of the brain!

Some people argue that men and women differ in their brain mass, I would be most interested in knowing about this.

JR ji, it is not just about brain mass, it is about the neural connections that are developed that are linked to learning.

Whether you have genetic intelligence or not, if you don't hit the books, it can't be utilized for anything.

I think too much importance is given to genes in our culture, IMHO.

Hi,

Everyone who knows the truth will tell you that the connection between DNA and intelligence has been proved beyond any doubt. But, yes, it is politically incorrect to say that as yet.

Unfortunately people who apply it to the wrong purpose are not worth anything. Hitler was and Putin is intelligent too.

Unfortunately people who apply it to the wrong purpose are not worth anything. Hitler was and Putin is intelligent too.

Few days back there was an artile suggesting ( I read do not exactly remember to locate now & drag that here)that criminality is also linked to DNA

Biswa ji...I think you have forgotten that Intelligence can be divided into:

1)Sattva Intelligence which is a recessive gene and both parents need to be the carriers for it.

2)Rajas Intelligence which is a dominant gene where its dominates over Sattva and Tamas genes.

3)Tamas Intelligence which again a recessive gene and both parents need to be carriers for it.

Now coming to Sattva intelligence.
Sattva minds seldom discover anything new..creative capability is less but they are hard working and do not misuse their intelligence and are good at memorizing.
The Sattva Intelligence is more pre-occupied with preserving knowledge more that utilizing its practical applications so these individuals appear "calm".

The Rajas Intelligence can be extremely creative or extremely destructive.
The creative Rajas intelligence is seen in inventors ,scientist etc.
Destructive Rajas intelligence is seen in politicians,dictator and criminals.
The Rajas Intelligence is pre-occupied in "creating" something "new".Its always in unrest and Type A personality trait is seen in these types.

Tamas Intelligence is the ignorance is bliss mind..there are not hard-working and have untapped latent talents but over all they are happy and seldom trouble others.

Last edited:
Few days back there was an artile suggesting ( I read do not exactly remember to locate now & drag that here)that criminality is also linked to DNA

Dear Janaki Ji,

I like the DNA is the cause for everything theory cos we can safely blame anything on DNA.

Its the best excuse for anyone who wants to commit crime,have an extra marital affair etc..all they need to say is "I am not to blame ..it was in my DNA"!LOL

Dear Janaki Ji,

I like the DNA is the cause for everything theory cos we can safely blame anything on DNA.

Its the best excuse for anyone who wants to commit crime,have an extra marital affair etc..all they need to say is "I am not to blame ..it was in my DNA"!LOL

True. Looks DNA is reincarnation Krishna Of Gita The Good, The Bad & The Uglly - Karmas or acts of yours - It is all His will Krisnarpanam!!

Last edited:
[]
Easily suggested - Most difficult to practice
How do you leave them behind in a pot at will - or with Pot which may take you on a tour to "Nirvana", like some sadhus of Varanasi?

Dear Janaki Ji,

Well as you said..its easier said than done.

It is not really possible to totally disconnect from the mind and senses as far as I know.
May be an altered sensorium is mistaken to be able to disconnect from mind and senses.

After all to even leave it in a pot the pot needs to be "mind created".
So yet again the mind comes into play.

Now coming to the other Pot you are talking about that makes some Spiritually High..that Pot has the ability to create a whole new world.

So it transports us to a different state of mind where it knows no rules and one thinks one has reached Samadhi.

Last edited:
JR ji, it is not just about brain mass, it is about the neural connections that are developed that are linked to learning.

Whether you have genetic intelligence or not, if you don't hit the books, it can't be utilized for anything.

I think too much importance is given to genes in our culture, IMHO.

I too think that someone's intelligence is definitely a by-product of both environment and the genes... just like one's personality is. However I do tend to think that genes set the most important boundary on how much one is capable of achieving (intellectually) through one's learning!

Dear Janaki Ji,

Well, I watch some shows on TV here which show how detectives and those n the forensic field solved some unsolved crimes over decades.. and the show shows how the criminals did their crimes... it appears many times that such criminals who perform such heinous deeds are very much troubled genetically... such as having some kind of inbuilt and uncontrollable wrath that unleashes on special occasions.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...tt&th=14a659d77bed6a40&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

DNA carries even political messages as you can see in this link These types of Poster war is the legacy of Dravidian parites when the wanted to Make a point stronly with expressions like it is in " My Blood" etc in all Patti & Thotti spread over TN and went virus Now you see a similar poster on a water Thotti with the 'inthing' expression I carry it in my DNA. The appetite for poster wars is in our blood or DNA - Thanks to CNA

Well, I watch some shows on TV here which show how detectives and those n the forensic field solved some unsolved crimes over decades.. and the show shows how the criminals did their crimes... it appears many times that such criminals who perform such heinous deeds are very much troubled genetically... such as having some kind of inbuilt and uncontrollable wrath that unleashes on special occasions.

Dear JR,

I was seeing American Next Top Model where the DNA of the models were sent for analysis and also Tyra Banks the host of the show sent hers too.

We all know how beautiful Tyra Banks is with darker tan skin and lovely green eyes and her fiery go getter fighter personality with great height and a great body.

Ok Tyra Banks DNA revealed that she is 79% African,14 % British and 6% Native American.

Ok that explains her exotic good looks..but now the best part.

Her 79% African genes revealed 2 African ancestors whose names were given and they were no ordinary men.

One who fought in the Civil War and got shot twice only to stand up and fight again before fainting and then after some recovery from his bullet wounds he fought in the war again.

Then another African ancestor of hers was a slave that worked his way to the top back then to become a well respected successful land owner when slavery was still in vogue.

So Tyra was delighted to know that her ancestors were brave and very "entrepreneur" just like her.

So I guess DNA does tell us stories about our own self.

Dear JR,

I was seeing American Next Top Model where the DNA of the models were sent for analysis and also Tyra Banks the host of the show sent hers too.

We all know how beautiful Tyra Banks is with darker tan skin and lovely green eyes and her fiery go getter fighter personality with great height and a great body.

Ok Tyra Banks DNA revealed that she is 79% African,14 % British and 6% Native American.

Ok that explains her exotic good looks..but now the best part.

Her 79% African genes revealed 2 African ancestors whose names were given and they were no ordinary men.

One who fought in the Civil War and got shot twice only to stand up and fight again before fainting and then after some recovery from his bullet wounds he fought in the war again.

Then another African ancestor of hers was a slave that worked his way to the top back then to become a well respected successful land owner when slavery was still in vogue.

So Tyra was delighted to know that her ancestors were brave and very "entrepreneur" just like her.

So I guess DNA does tell us stories about our own self.

That's a very, very interesting news, Doc! Thank you!

I too think that someone's intelligence is definitely a by-product of both environment and the genes... just like one's personality is. However I do tend to think that genes set the most important boundary on how much one is capable of achieving (intellectually) through one's learning!

JR ji, I would like to question the notion that we are bounded by our genes. To give one example, my grandmother was Class 8 pass, but my father was a professor. In fact he was the first in his family to obtain a Ph.D. So where did he get this genes from?

JR ji, I would like to question the notion that we are bounded by our genes. To give one example, my grandmother was Class 8 pass, but my father was a professor. In fact he was the first in his family to obtain a Ph.D. So where did he get this genes from?

Biswa,

1. Your grandmother might have not been so highly educated, but that could be just the environment factor. She could have proved her brilliance in other ways.

2. Your father could have inherited the intelligence gene from other members in the family tree too. How about your grandfather - he could have been brilliant. (or someone else on either parents' side).

OMG Biswa!

Education has nothing got to do with intelligence.

Your grandmum studied up to Class 8 becos may be at that time females were not encouraged to study more but that does not means she was not as intelligent?

In fact most people assume illiterate people to be dumb but that is not true.

If they have been kept away from education is not fair to call them less intelligent..its like locking a sighted person all his life in a dark room and calling him blind!

You can very well know now that in the past certain communities were thought to be Tamas and dull but now when education is given to all..they too score well and the difference of marks between top scorers in colleges are sometimes only 1 mark.

So when it comes to IQ and intelligence its very hard to pin point its exact mode of transmission.

BTW in the past females were thought to be less intelligent!LOL

Last edited:
OMG Biswa!

Education has nothing got to do with intelligence.

Your grandmum studied up to Class 8 becos may be at that time females were not encouraged to study more but that does not means she was not as intelligent?

In fact most people assume illiterate people to be dumb but that is not true.

If they have been kept away from education is not fair to call them less intelligent..its like locking a sighted person all his life in a dark room and calling him blind!

You can very well know now that in the past certain communities were thought to be Tamas and dull but now when education is given to all..they too score well and the difference of marks between top scorers in colleges are sometimes only 1 mark.

So when it comes to IQ and intelligence its very hard to pin point its exact mode of transmission.

BTW in the past females were thought to be less intelligent!LOL
often tambrahm brain is considered super intelligent by those belonging to the community.

other castes who did not get exposure to education or other oppurtunities are run down

it is a mind set .

some would like to bring out DNA theories to support their their narrow thinking.

sometimes I think they deserve the treatment they are getting in some parts of india

often tambrahm brain is considered super intelligent by those belonging to the community.

other castes who did not get exposure to education or other oppurtunities are run down

it is a mind set .

some would like to bring out DNA theories to support their their narrow thinking.

sometimes I think they deserve the treatment they are getting in some parts of india

It does not look like anyone linked intelligence with Brahmin DNAs in this thread.

But some people have a mindset to run down brahmins. It is these people who are responsible for the continuing ill-treatment of Brahmins.

Nature vs Nurture discussions have been going on for millennia. The truth perhaps lies in the middle somewhere. As long as these discussions remain academic, it is okay. But what is undesirable is the designing of social policies based on an incorrect perception of truth and sometimes outright falsehood.

The following has been the modern "progressive" mindset. 1. Deny any link between genes and inequality. 2. Observed inequality is therefore a result of exploitation. 3. Correct inequality through discriminating policies.

Everything is done to reinforce this mindset. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back