• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Two sisters thrash eve-teasers with belt in a moving bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave sisters who thrashed alleged molesters to be honoured by Haryana govt

— December 1, 2014 Haryana government on Monday announced that it will honour the two sisters, who single-handedly took on three alleged molesters in a moving bus, on Republic Day as the girls came in for praise for their bravery.
Watch: Haryana sisters beat up 3 eve teasers for harassing them

Both the girls had shown indomitable courage and bravery by opposing the misdemeanour of three youth who tried to “molest” them in a moving bus of Haryana Roadways at Rohtak, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said in a statement, adding effective steps will be taken to ensure security of women passengers.

The girls will be given cash awards on the occasion of Republic Day.

Taking serious note of this incident, Haryana government has asked state Director General of Police (DGP) and state transport department to take steps for ensuring safety and security of passengers especially women travelling in the Haryana roadways buses.

The bus drivers and conductors have also been directed to make sure that such incidents do not occur in future, it said.

The two college-going sisters had confronted three eve-teasers inside a moving bus, with one of the girls even hitting the youths with her belt, even as passengers remained mute spectators.

The entire incident, recorded by a passenger on mobile phone, went viral both on television and social media. It showed the two girls using hand and belt to thrash the eve teasers, who appeared to be taken by surprise.
All the three youths — Kuldeep, Mohit and Deepak – were later arrested.

“All the girls should do what these sisters did. They did well. But it is sad that none of the other passengers came to their help. The society has to change its mindset and people should stop being mere onlookers when such incidents take place,” Union Minister Uma Bharti said, reacting to the incident that has triggered spontaneous indignation.

“What the girls wear, does not matter. People should come together and ensure that women are respected and their dignity is maintained,” she said.

National Commission for Women chairperson Lalitha Kumarmangalam too praised the girls.
“I would like to congratulate the girls and ask the authorities to take appropriate action. Few girls have the guts to take on the molesters. The government should take action. I would appeal to every Indian to come forward,” she said.

The parents of the two girls lodged an FIR with Haryana police against the three youths informing that the molesters got down at the Kansla village in Rohtak.

Rohtak sisters: Men have to be reminded of their limits

Rohtak sisters: Men have to be reminded of their limits

rohtak-story_350_120114030151.jpg

The Haryana government on Monday announced a cash reward of Rs.31,000 each for the two sisters from Rohtak who stood up against harassment and hit back at the three men who were indulging in eve teasing on a state transport bus. The sisters, Aarti and Pujas, spoke exclusively to Headlines Today.Here are the transcripts.
Aarti

"He started touching my sister, making kissing gestures. I protested. He took out his phone and called another boy. He asked for two more boys to join him. We girls should not tolerate such acts. If we stand up and respond, then only we can expect support. Going by their [eve teasers] mentality, it was clear that they wanted to misbehave with us, or even indulge in fisticuffs. We responded before they could hit us."

Puja

"No one got up to help us. They threw us off the bus. We fought off the bus. Then inside, they sat in their seats and watched as if it was an arena. They were watching us fight. If such men cross limits, then he must be reminded of the limits."

It was only after the uproar of the incident that Rohtak police arrested the three eve teasers.

Rohtak sisters: Men have to be reminded of their limits : North, News - India Today

Have the majority of us become victims of what social scientists call the ‘Bystander Effect’? It certainly would seem so if the latest attack on women in Rohtak is anything to go by.

A passenger with a mobile phone captured the disturbing scene of two young women fighting off three goons who were harassing them while the entire bus on which they were travelling, the driver and conductor included, did nothing to help.

Though the accused in the Rohtak case have been arrested, this apathetic attitude in the face of gross violations of dignity is also part of the problem. It is true that the police need to do much more in both preventing such crimes and apprehending the culprits after the deed.

And it is no one’s case that the public takes the law into its own hands. But surely, the passengers on that bus could have raised a hue and cry, the driver could have stopped the vehicle, someone could have called the police. None of this happened.

One may argue that people often don’t help victims, be it in a case of sexual harassment or road accident, as they fear either getting dragged into time-consuming legal hassles like police questioning and court appearances or becoming a victim themselves in a dispute that has ‘nothing to do with’ them. While there’s a very strong case that India needs a Good Samaritan law as in Western countries, one that protects people who help victims before the police arrive, we cannot remain mute spectators.

It is not enough to honour the bravehearts as we like to call them. Such people need support, not the silence and indifference of the public. The public must do its part and not leave vulnerable people to fend for themselves when they are attacked.

The incident has once again highlighted the issue of women’s safety after the December 2012 brutal gang-rape of a young girl in Delhi that sparked nationwide protests. Haryana has also been in the news because of its skewed sex ratio and khap panchayats that routinely issue diktats against women.

hi

it happened in haryana...JATT GALS ARE HARDEST....VERY BRAVE TOO....NOT LIKE ANY SOUTH INDIAN...LOL

I heard in the TV one of the girls (elder one, I thought) speaking. Though the language was not the hindi with which I am familiar, I understood that the two girls had tickets which did not indicate seat numbers, so they took seats of their choice and that two persons came subsequently and said it was their reserved seats. Arguments started then with the girls refusing to move out and the men started misbehaving, etc.

If the original cause was the intransigence of those girls, as understood by me, then they are also guilty to some extent. But now, our menfolk have also become spineless and feel happy singing feminism-praising songs!

I heard in the TV one of the girls (elder one, I thought) speaking. Though the language was not the hindi with which I am familiar, I understood that the two girls had tickets which did not indicate seat numbers, so they took seats of their choice and that two persons came subsequently and said it was their reserved seats. Arguments started then with the girls refusing to move out and the men started misbehaving, etc.

If the original cause was the intransigence of those girls, as understood by me, then they are also guilty to some extent. But now, our menfolk have also become spineless and feel happy singing feminism-praising songs!

An alternative newsline on this topic :

Not men-beaters but India's power puff girls: We must celebrate anger of Rohtak sisters - Firstpost

Sangomji
Pl do not justify uncouth behaviour of males.

I do not know what difficulties these girls will face because of their bold action.

Even the khap community wanted the girls to withdraw the complaint against the youth.

Due to hue and cry in the media , the youth got booked.Otherwise they would have got scot free

Even the chief minister of the state faced the wrath of the media for saying ladies need to be appropriately dressed for not inviting attention of youth.

Indian ladies need to get out of the country if they want to be safe.

Most middle class are trying for this option even for undergraduate courses as it is a better option if safety is the criterion

Sangomji
Pl do not justify uncouth behaviour of males.

I do not know what difficulties these girls will face because of their bold action.

Even the khap community wanted the girls to withdraw the complaint against the youth.

Due to hue and cry in the media , the youth got booked.Otherwise they would have got scot free

Even the chief minister of the state faced the wrath of the media for saying ladies need to be appropriately dressed for not inviting attention of youth.

Indian ladies need to get out of the country if they want to be safe.

Most middle class are trying for this option even for undergraduate courses as it is a better option if safety is the criterion

I only want the truth - the entire truth - to be out in the open. Let us not forget that tomorrow the same thing can happen to you or me when we ask for our reserved seats in a bus or train, if whatever I understood from the TV chaneel is true.

Sangomji was right to question this episode.

The video shows women who claim to be eye witnesses to the entire incident talking about what they saw. One of the woman said, "It was all planned. Why would the girls carry a men's belt in their bag?" while another eye witness claimed that the accused did not tease the girls.

The video also shows people from the village of Thana Khurd who claim that the two sisters have been involved in such incidences before and are frauds.What gives this story another unexpected turn is a statement by one of the villagers: "The girls have done a similar blackmail case on boys from a nearby village Sisana and taken money from them and settled the case. The case details are available in the police station. We have heard the compromise reached 35- 40 thousand as the boy's family feared a police case.

"http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-watch-video-countering-the-braveheart-rohtak-sister-s-version-of-the-bus-incident-surfaces-2040903

Sangomji was right to question this episode.

The video shows women who claim to be eye witnesses to the entire incident talking about what they saw. One of the woman said, "It was all planned. Why would the girls carry a men's belt in their bag?" while another eye witness claimed that the accused did not tease the girls.

The video also shows people from the village of Thana Khurd who claim that the two sisters have been involved in such incidences before and are frauds.What gives this story another unexpected turn is a statement by one of the villagers: "The girls have done a similar blackmail case on boys from a nearby village Sisana and taken money from them and settled the case. The case details are available in the police station. We have heard the compromise reached 35- 40 thousand as the boy's family feared a police case.

"http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-watch-video-countering-the-braveheart-rohtak-sister-s-version-of-the-bus-incident-surfaces-2040903

All the TV Channels that were posting this video non stop to increase their TRPs will not have to give the real truth . Otherwise next time when such an incident happens we have to be careful in intrepreting such an incident .

Few weeks back a noted Celebrity walked on the streets of Mumbai in mini skirt and when an auto driver teased her she thrashed him and put the pics of the same on FB and it became an instant hit and many people were praising the bravery of that noted Celebrity and told what she did was right and it is a lesson to other women how to treat eve teasers . But then some people questioned the entire episode as a drama as it looked like a clear set up . The Celebrity walked in mini skirt alone on the streets of Mumbai and she knew some person will pass lewd remarks on her and she had some people to capture that episode on their Cell Phone and record it and make it a big hit on the net and it was also published in the papers the next day . I really do not know what is the truth but many people were doubting the entire episode and said that it was done to enhance the TRP of that particular Celebrity .
Women being teased in the buses and roads are quite common in India but next time when such an episode comes on the TV or on the Net we have to pause and wait for the counter version before deciding on that particular issue .

Last edited:
Similar story reported earlier....

"Like in the case of Jaipur girl Malaika Tak, there are now doubts over the Rohtak sisters’ claims with witnesses emerging to challenge their version.

Malaika, a class XI student, was honoured with the prestigious Geeta Chopra Award on Republic Day this year for fighting and foiling an attempt by four persons to kidnap her in February, 2013.

After the initial probe too police had debunked the girl’s claims which had prompted the Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW) to seek reinvestigation into the matter.

The council, which had taken cognisance of an HT report, had also asked the Jaipur district collector to file a report in this regard.

ICCW president Geeta Siddhartha had earlier told HT that Malaika was given the “benefit of doubt” pending re-investigation but added that action would be taken after getting the fresh report.

However, no one from the ICCW was available for comments on Wednesday.

Police sources said the fresh probe report is likely to be handed over to the ICCW “very soon”.

In a report submitted to a local court in Jaipur in December last year, the police had said that the incident “did not occur” and the case as “false”.

The police relied on CCTV footage from a computer shop located near the spot where the alleged incident took place on February 15, 2013.

“The CCTV images showed a biker approaching her and she had some altercation with him. There was no SUV and no kidnapping bid took place,” said a police officer on condition of anonymity.

The police report, a copy of which is with HT, had named nine independent witnesses who denied the occurrence of the incident.

Statements of the girl’s father Mukesh Tak and mother Nidhi were also mentioned in the report.

Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...er-s-kidnap-bid-claims/article1-1292925.aspx#

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by the media reports, it appears that these ‘brave heart’ sisters may prove a third rate bullies attempting extortion.

The real heroes are Rohtak boys whose recruitment to army now remains to question mark.

Besides this, also the fate of Driver and Conductor of the Bus who were suspended over this alleged drama.

Will such incidents prove as an eye opener for the Governments, rushing to declare awards based on media reports and TV clips?

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever my be the reason, taking law into their hands and hitting others is not correct. This will lead into
severe law and order problems. I wonder why no one has intervened to stop this. Again where was the conductor of the bus, who was supposed to regulate seating arrangements ? Police should go into the details of the incident and the complaints (affidavits) filed by others about these two sisters, which seem to suggest different picture of
the whole episode.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Proves beyond doubt that whatever a woman says is believed instantly !! :sad:
Rajiramji
On whose side are you?

I thought you were a firm believer in womens rights
When A woman acts bold ,most try to challenge her , doubting her words ,action.If she is molested or hurt the blame is often put on her inappropriate dress or talk.

They are expected to be subservient to men.

Men it appears prefer meek ,manipulative women ,not bold frank types.

Women are made to stay behind the scenes and set up a proxy fight utilising other menfolk to settle scores.

wah wah bhartiya naari , you are condemned to a second class status by our menfolk. Grin and bear it.

Have you seen fearless Nadiya in old hindi moves. She would play vamp and use the whip on menfolk . The audience would lap it up and enjoy it.lol

Last edited:
Dear Krish Sir,

Don't ever think that ALL women are good! I shall give you an example.

Once when I was travelling in a bus, I saw one guy touching the women sitting in the front row and got annoyed.

I shouted at him why he is teasing her. Will you believe me if I write what she told me?

She told, 'nAn summAthAnE irukkEn; unakku EnammA kovam varudhu?'

Dear Krish Sir,

Don't ever think that ALL women are good! I shall give you an example.

Once when I was travelling in a bus, I saw one guy touching the women sitting in the front row and got annoyed.

I shouted at him why he is teasing her. Will you believe me if I write what she told me?

She told, 'nAn summAthAnE irukkEn; unakku EnammA kovam varudhu?'

Ha Ha Ha!

RR ji..why did you disturb a love game in action?

Do you know many people play love games by playing "pretend"?

Some might even be married and play "pretend"..they take various roles..like some play boyfriend-girlfriend..some play eve teaser and victim too..and you disturbed their game!LOL

BTW I was seeing a Tamil movie on TV called Leelai .. Hindi actor Shiv Pandit was the hero and Santhanam was the comedian.

In a scene Santhanam tells his friend that he is only going to try for a village girl becos a village girl will respect husband and wont even mention their husband's name.

The Santhanam sees a village girl near by dressed very traditionally in a Pavadai Thavani with flowers on her head and was being troubled by a man..then Santhanam stops the commotion only to find out that she is a sex worker.

So the shocked Santhanam asks her why is she dressed so decently in traditional attire if she is a sex worker and the girl replied that the trend now is men like homely girls!LOL

I agree with Krishji..Woman are facing huge challenges while commuting especially in North India where traditional biases against women rule the roost..

Even if there is a doubt in this case GOI should reward the 2 sisters for their bravery...It will actually be a tonic to the sulking women folk in this part of the country

Even educated women are not safe in Delhi from prying eyes..Look at the case of the Executive from a top notch auditing firm being raped by the Uber taxiwallah 2 days back when she was on her way home!

There can be no excuse for the criminal act and the driver must be punished, what leads to such acts. If a man flaunts his money and gets robbed, he is also partly responsible for the theft which could have been avoided. This executive is lucky in the sense, she was not threatened and did not suffer physical violence.

"What has come out in the newspapers that she went to a pub or two –had her meal and took some drinks (alcoholic beverages) and was employed by a foreign company. Then she called a taxi around mid-night and wanted to go home and slept a bit on the way when she was raped, and was left at her home. She had struggled also when she as being raped."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back