• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ajit Doval on Subhash Bose and British India

Status
Not open for further replies.
For better understanding of events and history, the govt. must declassify all classified documents; historians and research scholars will get a chance to relook and reinterpret history as understood now. From a talk by Ajit Doval.

"This is contrary to historiographers’ interpretations of Indian freedom struggle. It was not because of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, but because of Subhas Chandra Bose the British left India.
This would certainly be a great surprise to those who believe in Nehruvian interpretation of history. But the fact of the matter is that this was the truth.

It was one of the best kept secrets till date, thanks to Jawaharlal Nehru and his Congress. The truth has finally become official as National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajit Doval retold it.

It was the year 1956. Justice Phani Bhusan Chakravartti, then Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court, asked visiting British Prime Minister Clement Atlee about why the Britishers left India. Citing the conversation, NSA Ajit Doval said in a recent Conference:

Clement Atlee was asked that why did you (the British) leave India, after all you had won the Second World War. The burst was over since then. The Quit India Movement was a flop in 1942. So what was the tearing hurry in 1947 that you decided to leave the country immediately?
Then British Prime Minister replied it was (because of) the spark that Subhas Chandra Bose created among the soldiers of Indian Army. Atlee said, ‘It was the threat of Subhas Bose and the rise of Indian nationalism from which we understood that it was a matter of time’.”

Recall Royal Indian Navy Mutiny. The stories of Subhas Chandra Bose and INA’s fight during the Siege of Imphal and in Burma were seeping into the glaring public-eye. From the initial flashpoint in Bombay, the revolt spread to Karachi and Calcutta. There was similar resistance in Indian Army, thanks to the influence of Subhas Bose.
NSA Ajit Doval said:

British understood that the revolt in Indian Army was something that they couldn’t handle.

The NSA explained how Subhas Bose’s Indian National Army (INA) is the sole example in the annals of warfare.

Of the entire strength of 60,000, two-third soldiers of the INA died fighting the British. But still the soldiers kept on fighting for an Independent India.”
Exposing Congress’s dirty politics over freedom struggle, Ajit Doval further said:

The soldiers of INA were neither rehabilitated nor integrated into the Indian Army.

For Mahatma Gandhi, peaceful non-cooperation movement was a means to evict British from India. In sharp contrast, Subhas Bose took the path of armed struggle to throw British out of India.

Mahatma Gandhi’s contribution to freedom struggle can’t be discounted. But the fact of the matter is that the historiographers have deliberately ignored Subhas Bose’s decisive role in the freedom struggle. It’s time Indian history did justice with Netaji.

Ajit Doval on Subhash Bose and British India | India News Analysis Opinions on Niti Central

I tend to agree. We must also get to know the truth behind India completely forgetting Netaji Bose's disappearance. There can be reasonable doubts about Nehruvian Congress & government completely marginalising everyone else and projecting only Nehru.

I am unable to agree. Now I even wonder what India is going to get into with such a bigmouth in the crucial position in NSA. And that video has SSwamy again speaking on the same vein. After Op. Blue Star there was a revolt in the Indian army and India did not grant independence to Punjab. And Atlee told some judge in a dinner meeting while having his dessert that British left india because of Bose. And it is conveniently forgotten that that judge also, incidentally, happen to be a Bengali Babu.

And SSwamy rebuts Ajit's claim when he says Indians welcomed Robert Clive after the Plassey Campaign by spreading rose petals instead of stoning him. LOL.

Now please listen to my story. It may appear to have more grains of truth in it.

I had an opportunity to speak to one Muthuswamy Iyer who retired as the Judge of Madras High Court just after independence. He told me that Mountbatten told him about a secret. The secret was that India got independence only because the Indian soldiers returning to the country after the WW II were all demanding Full Bottles of Rum and the Britishers were bankrupt after the war and hence could not finance such huge quantities of Rum. So they decided to give independence to India and leave the baby in the hands of Indian leaders.

And another friend from the Bar came and took me aside to tell the real truth. He said the British left only because they were scared of the Dravidian's revolt which was brewing by then in the south. LOL.

யப்பா, தங்கமுடியலப்பா. காதுல சுத்தற பூவுக்கும் அளவில்லியா? ஆண்டவா இந்தியாவை காப்பாத்துப்பா இவங்ககிட்டருந்து.

Last edited:
I am unable to agree. Now I even wonder what India is going to get into with such a bigmouth in the crucial position in NSA. And that video has SSwamy again speaking on the same vein. After Op. Blue Star there was a revolt in the Indian army and India did not grant independence to Punjab. And Atlee told some judge in a dinner meeting while having his dessert that British left india because of Bose. And it is conveniently forgotten that that judge also, incidentally, happen to be a Bengali Babu.

i agree with the skepticism expressed the above post. Hearsay can not be the evidence to overturn the written History. I agree that solid proof can rewrite history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back