• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to overcome the reservation policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whisper

Dear friends,
As reservation policy affects our community life in professional,educational and social life. How to overcome it? first let us take the professional life.

As i know there are lot off brahmin people in I.T area(me to) in india and abroad. Even in this forum there are so many people form community working in IT in india and abroad. If some of them join hands to start a small I.T company for our community people. If this dertmined people join hands they can do lot off things to our community. There are also somany brahmin peope working as lawyers and bankers. They can help for legal and finance area. All we had to do is get GET CONNECTED into one group. Once this group can transform into an organisation in 3 or 5 years in that time the group can decide how to work and finance and other problems. From my part i and 2 of my friends can join with the team.

I like to tell our community people that I not asking any one to leave his/her job.

FIRST IT IS AN IDEA I LIKE TO SHARE WITH ALL OUR COMMUNITY PEOPLE. PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALUBLE FEEDBACK WITH KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY IN MIND. THANK YOU.

Dear Whisper,
I totally agree. This is highly practical.
But please remember, the GOI is already trying to implement reservation in private sector. So no matter how hard you work, its going to be a waste only. I am not trying to discourage.. but until the system changes, nothing can be done. One fine day, there might be a policy that 50% of your employees should be reserved. What will you do? You have to invest your hard earned money on a bunch of freeloaders just because they are from some community.
Please note that, I am not saying people coming under reserved category or less meritorious, what I am saying, is in the name of reservation, undeserving people can eat your hard earned money.
Think about it. But the idea is good.

Actually, I am interested in doing some process related stuff and engineering consultancy on a voluntary basis to brahmin charity organisations. But please remember.. in the future, it will be an easy target just because it is run by brahmins.

Hi Friends,
First thanks for your encourage words and idea. I put this article in apbrahmins.com and i am trying to put in telugubrahmins.com. Can any one help me to put this article in kerelaiyers.com? If any one know if there are any brahmins forum of kannada or karnatakbrahmins.com so that we can also put this article and get help.

Hi where are the people like sliverfox, kaundinya, jsiyenger and our admin praveen to to give ideas and help for our idea. because they are senior members and they know more people in this forum.

A very good idea, but im afraid it wont stand.

No business or commercial venture can survive if it hires just solely from one community.
In the US the ACLU will devour the company, in India fringe parties will probably shake up the company to open its hiring, also this will further increase the angst against Brahmins not to mention how many companies will establish ties with a small IT company that is discriminative in hiring its workforce?

Better idea would be to sponsor a poorer Brahmin family, as in helping a son or daughter through education OR marriage in the case of daughter. I am of the opinion that Brahmins with means can survive on their own,thus a little helpful push in providing money for education from those better off in life will suffice to help them establish themselves.

A little monetary assistance is enough to lift a family, through education
Brahmins can overcome the odds.

Dear Whisper:
I did not get email notification when you first posted this because the way the forum works is that it sends out notification only to those who post their views. I just happened to read thru this thread to see what was going on.

While I agree with your concept, I am sorry I will have to side with Mr. Justice. This site was started by Praveen, with Ramki and me administering and helping out. Do you know ... just to help out Srividhya towards her first year Engineering tuition of Rs.40,000, I had appealed to all our members but finally only 5 of us helped out. (Go to "Sponsorship/Help"). People don't realize that they don't have to mortgage their houses or sell their BMWs to contribute!! Even if everybody contributes about Rs.100 in India or $10-$15 in the US, we will have achieved our goal. We need to help out this poor girl for her next year's tuition also.
Like I have said, talk is cheap; it is the action that really counts. Let me see how many people are going to jump in, in helping Srividhya for her next year's tuition fees.
Nevertheless, please don't feel discouraged. We will definitely look into this and we will put it out to all the members to see how everybody feels. Like MrJustice says, we must very carefully analyze this to see the pros and cons and all other legal ramifications.

whisper said:
Hi Friends,
First thanks for your encourage words and idea. I put this article in apbrahmins.com and i am trying to put in telugubrahmins.com. Can any one help me to put this article in kerelaiyers.com? If any one know if there are any brahmins forum of kannada or karnatakbrahmins.com so that we can also put this article and get help.

Hi where are the people like sliverfox, kaundinya, jsiyenger and our admin praveen to to give ideas and help for our idea. because they are senior members and they know more people in this forum.

Last edited:
My family is sponsoring a child in Chennai, it costs roughly 7000 Rs for education, books, fees and decent clothing for a whole year.Its not great but its a start, I am more than happy doing this, though more can be done.
If I had more resources I would probably do much much more.Im sure all of us who care would.

The problem in my opinion is not that we Brahmins are stingy , but that there are just too many fakes around, we have to be careful not to fill someones pockets but feed and help those that are genuinely needy.
If someone can link to genuine projects or agencies here or anywhere else that can be vouched for, im sure a lot of us who are blessed with comfort will only be more than willing to help.

Dear MrJustice:
I hope my previous posting did not come out to sound like I was accusing of all Brahmins as stingy! I apologize if someone felt that way! I know all our members are very generous at heart. Maybe they needed more nudging to donate for Srividhya's tuition... I don't know. I could only appeal thru these postings.
I send money to an orphanage in Chennai; I also contribute towards a school run by one Mr. Swaminathan (retd. IAS) exclusively for SC students in Thanjavur area. I even have adopted an african elephant by sending money to Sheldrick Wildlife in South Africa. (http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org)
MrJustice, please let me know if there are more deserving children who need books, fees, and clothing. I will be visiting Chennai in Oct. You can contact me at [email protected].
Thank you

Hi Whisper:
".........because they are senior members and they know more people in this forum......"
Referring to your quotes on an earlier posting, I just wanted to let you know that you, too, could become a Senior Member! Just participate in many threads and continue to post your views. I believe everybody starts off as Junior member, then Member and then on to Senior member. I guess I am just one of those blabber-mouths!!

Dear Silverfox, what you said was correct and didnt imply anything ulterior at all.
---

I would like to cite a very interesting exchange I had with a most dear friend a few months back, he is from the Sourashtram community. They are roughly 500,000 strong, spread predominantly in Madurai and its environs.Yet they are very well organised , they have a central sabha that coordinates activities and community services. In 1975 they started their own minority institution that catered to their community.This has helped thousands get through to a meaningful career, uplifting whole families.
The poorer rural Sourashtram are being targeted by Christian evangelists, apparently a few of them have converted to Christianity near Dindigul, Paramakudi and Salem.
There is now an aggresive attempt by the sabha to immediately bring poorer people to Madurai, house them , clothe them and send their children to school free lest more people leave the community fold.
By remaining true to their customs and community they arent affecting anyone, nor is some poor Dalit affected.This is why I think inter-caste marriage is useless as well.
I was very impressed with their sense of duty,loyalty and community, I think it is not a favour but our duty to help poorer Brahmins.

We Tamil Brahmins are roughly 4 million strong, can we not flex our muscle in some way to benefit our community?
We should have started a minority institution, it might have spawned Engg, Medical and Science colleges. We could have helped our own, rather than fending for ourselves in a sea of hyenas.

@ Silverfox, i will furnish more details in a few days.Please shed more light on Srividhya and her predicament and ways one can help also pls write more about Mr Swaminathan.
Thanks

BTW A tidbit I didnt know before, TM Soundararajan is from the Sourashtram community!

Dear MrJustice:
I went to Setupati High School (once Mahakavi Bharatiar taught there!) in Madurai and I grew up with several Saurashtra friends. I always felt theirs was a close-knit community.
What? you didn't know TM Soundararajan was from the Saurashtra community?!!
If you go to the thread "Sponsorship/Help" in the HOME page, you can read the whole chain regarding helping Srividhya. In nutshell: Srividhya is a very bright student, scoring 96% yet, just she is Brahmin, no scholarships. Both her parents are cooks and poor. They have taken out Rs.40k loan for the first year Engineering college where Srividhya is studying. She has requested our help. We have paid out the loan for the first year. We need to help her out for the remaining 3 years.

Regarding that school, here are the following info:
SRIVIDYASRAM NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL
Vadakurangaduthurai Village – 614 202, Thanjavur Dist., Tamil Nadu

V.Swaminathan
Managing Trustee
Sri Ramani Ranganayaki Trust
38 (57) / A-3, Third Main Road
Gandhi Nagar, Adyar
Chennai - 600 020 , India
Tel: 91-44-2491 2281
E-Mail:[email protected]

Do you know what the irony is? We, Brahmins, are slammed and bad-mouthed for everything; yet, it is like Mr. Swaminathan, who initiated this school project and running it - exclusively for the benefit of SC people.
Everybody, if you could send some contribution (no amount is TOO SMALL), he will appreciate it.

I would like to see one DMK politician doing such things.

Last edited:
Dear mr justice,
Gald toat you sent replay. Let me clear some thoughts abt it.

1) This reservation policy is to stop our education and our economy life. If we think that some one will put policy like this or that(like anti brahmins will rise) then we will just start blame game., That what our oppents want( i mean our inaction).

2) Think of sponsor a poorer brahmin family but in our community there are rich and poor ratio is big.(rich is less and poor is more). Can we sponsor all these people. That why even if we give 50% jobs to our community it will be relief to some off our community people. We group of peole just start(discussion) planting tree and more group will join to plant more trees and one day it will be a garden.

3)Let me make one more thing clear that we(brahmin community) are not enemy to any other community as projected by some(anti brahmin groups). There are good people from other community that support us in bad times, we can also give jobs to them. Because we know pain of reservation policy more than others.

4) We are not just start this enterprise and running into problem. All we want is a deep thought and good analyst entrie things and to run successfully this enterprise. Thats why we want all our community people.

I have explained the economic blankets that will be placed on selective discrimination in the workplace. It just wont fly.

My own family came up from scratch, we didnt have a helping hand and Im sure many other Brahmins went through similar travails,but they succeeded because in reality under the British rule, there was no bar on merit, thus a vast number of us came up, yet all these political parties fail to acknowledge this. They assume that Brahmins had it easy always, this isnt true.
A little helping hand will definitely go a long way.There are certainly many rich or upper class Brahmins in TN, elsewhere and even in the US.
Like Silverfox said, a contribution of even 100$ can go a long way, at least lets start and then we see if it fails or not, rather than not start at all.

Dear Silverfox,
Nice to hear your ideas.

1) About the srividya education help i can give you some idea which we follow in my place. Here what we a group off people (brahmin community) put Rs 100 every month in a co-op bank. This money will given to the poorer our community people with less interest. Once they are in good post they can return the money. This how we done. If we want start like(only with good thought and analyst)this i am ready to join. Even if you have any other ideas also i like to join please inform me also. Because i suffer more than what you think(because of i am brahmin) in schools and work also. I know how people just talk and then run away when it comes. I like to help people like srividya(what ever i can).

2) As you try to say just 5 people come to help let me try to tell you the infosys boss Mr Narayan murthy start his company with him and only 6 people. And less than Rs 70000/-. Now how did his company come as one off worlds big company. Because he joined with determined people may be 7 or 5 its the determined people only win.

Dear Whisper:

How I wish I had met Mr. Narayana Murthy when he was working here in the US in the 70's?!! I have been living in the US for almost 40 years and I feel sometimes that I haven't done much with my life, when I see people like Mr. Murthy!!

If you could please go back to "Sponsors/help", you will see my original suggestion of asking every member to contribute one time about Rs.2,000 (if in India) and about $100 in the US. That doesn't mean they cannot send less money; once more, no amount is too small. Anyway, out of 450+ members, even if 300 members complied we should have over Rs.7 lakhs. We could put this in a spreadsheet and make it available on the Net to see what contributions came in and what disbursements made; everything will be open for all the members to see. I then suggested that we keep this money and start disbursing funds. I also suggested that we could help out in different ways: We could just give out an interest-free loan to be repaid AFTER they get a job. Then the question of who or how we are going to administer this. Then another suggestion was that we could give outright 50% of tuition and the other 50% as loan. These are just ideas and all of us will have to discuss and come up with a plan.
I am talking to Praveen and Ramki and will soon bring to table for all members to see. We will go from there.
And... thank you very much for your support. We need more people like you.

Last edited:
Hi Silverfox,
I like to help srividya for her next year education. When you start any idea abt this you can count me also.This help to our community people will make our community more connected with each other.

Thanx for pitching in Whisper. We need more people like you to help our community. We will surely get in touch with you. In the mean while please keep an eye on the Sponsor/Help forum for any new requests for help.

I request all members to join our efforts in helping the needy in our community. As Silverfox said, no amount it small.

Thanx
rxrajamo
whisper said:
Hi Silverfox,
I like to help srividya for her next year education. When you start any idea abt this you can count me also.This help to our community people will make our community more connected with each other.

similarly a databank for job also should be made available for the people of our community. also deserving candidates should be guided regarding educatioanal opportunities. As regards starting an exclusive institution for the community long pockets with large heart is required. but we have to start something soon.
thanks

Dear friends,
Despite the insult on our community lot off our people will think its not there problem. Even if govt comes with any resvervation policy our people will not my problem or some has do some thing about it. Who will do if we dont defend for overself?

I can rember that the difference between a jew and israel. The difference is jew(mostly in europe and middle east) never fought back. But the israelis fought back because they had to defend there country which they developed by giving there blood and there hard work.Even the lebanon hizbollah and palestinian hamas does so many charity work, so that they can match the israel with there network not an one man army.But we dont do any war like them, but we had to fight if any injuste done to us by protests in streets. When there is anti resrvation protests in bangalore(where i went) not much people come becuse they think its not there problem.

Anti-Semitism was far more ruthless and cruel not even remotely similar to the Brahmin situation.

The pogroms in Russia were absolutely brutal , there was no respite from the government either, which actually instigated them which finally ended with the Holocaust.
But let us not fool ourselves, we should be wary of any marginalization policy the government introduces that may incite mob violence against us.

I for one do not trust what these politicians will do to exact political mileage.

We should have more brahmin community educational institutions. By having lot off educational institutions we can match other community(kongu and reddy educ insti).
In old days brahmins had lot of gurus who run gurukals for the community , now the other community learn form us, we can also learn form them by having more educational institutions and more social(charity) networks.

we are never fought back any injustice done to us because we dont have any thing to defend. But if we have our own community run(i mean admin not 100% our community people working)companyes, educational consortium and more social netwoks. then we can have some thing to defend and because off it more off our people are working there will know that how hard its to develope.They will not give up and defend it at any cost.

Dear Whisper:
May I suggest that you do a spell-check before posting! ..... all your 'there' should have been 'their'!!
Sorry, man!
Anyway, good observations!

[Dear friends,
Despite the insult on our community lot off our people will think its not there problem. Even if govt comes with any resvervation policy our people will not my problem or some has do some thing about it. Who will do if we dont defend for overself?

I can rember that the difference between a jew and israel. The difference is jew(mostly in europe and middle east) never fought back. But the israelis fought back because they had to defend there country which they developed by giving there blood and there hard work.Even the lebanon hizbollah and palestinian hamas does so many charity work, so that they can match the israel with there network not an one man army.But we dont do any war like them, but we had to fight if any injuste done to us by protests in streets. When there is anti resrvation protests in bangalore(where i went) not much people come becuse they think its not there problem.]

Last edited:
ok silverfox i will do it. thanks for your observations.

Equality anf fraternity are two mantras we should utter to annihilate casteism. inter caste marriages will help to build our scoiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back