• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fire drills.....singapore way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fire alarm rang at 4 pm when almost all the shift employees are in the office(approx 5000). As usual the entire office was evacuated within 3 mins and every employee gathered outside the office. 10 mins passed....5 more mins passed.....another 5mins.....
Then came the announcement from the Security Officer
"Dear Employees, I am announcing this with melting heart that for many of you this will be a last evacuation drill. Due to the recession,we are going to lay off almost 50% of the employees. While moving in if your ID card does not work, you are among those who are laid off from work and your belongings will be couriered to you tomorrow. We have followed this approach as we didn't want to fill the email box with lay off mails and good bye mails and also to avoid fight within the office..Hope you have nice career ahead. Please move in and try your luck.....

ithu eppadi irukku?????

bagya

Dear Sri SS Ji,

Knowing the Singapore Govt. as I do, if you do not follow the manual, they will fine you a hefty sum, put you in a jail for a while, give you a public caning and worst of all will withdraw your opportunity to buy a car - all this after making your company to fire you anyway without severance!

Singapore is a 'Fine' city!

Regards,
KRS

So... not heeding to the manual works... at least in situations like this...

.. i am not sure if this was meant as a joke.. but from what i know of the singapore 'attitude', it is perfectly believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back