• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

U ( your mental health ), Ur beliefs and the belief system of your environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SANDHYAV

The purpose of this topic is two fold.

I am debating as to what i am doing in this forum, especially when i bump on some mantra/some ritual/some homam here and there. (for example this PARIHARA HOMAM or KARMA and this LATEST RELEASE OF RIG-VEDA-VADA CURRY)

Also exploring what happens to an individual's mental health when such belief system opens up in its entirety ( if you may call it ) - as a thread expands to a rope and starts to bore down to a core. The dark reality is the society (OR AT-LEAST A SECTION OF IT) is strong in its belief, immaterial of its level of understanding of the same.

Initial spike in curiosity leads to further spikes in anxiety followed by some form of understanding of that particular belief (MARIATHA DANCE) and finally distilled and hopefully excreted as that THING. Does this process just makes one more knowledgeable or makes one more open-minded to such practices in the future.

Should he be a spectator of this MARIATHA DANCE ( a moving metaphor ) or join the club? Of-course joining the club needs an element of effort only comparable to Newtons third law of motion!

Dear Sandhya,

After reading your post..all I can ask you is "how would you like the answers to be"..becos I am not able to register a response from my side.

For the 1st time in a long long time..the neurons are not firing from my side.

So over to you.

Dear Sandhya,

If I comment on some bad scene in some movie running on the TV screen, my son used to say, "Amma! Remember! There is a switch

provided to put the TV off!' I follow his advice! :cool:

If you bump into some thread of your dislike, you can choose NOT to read it OR try to understand the contents. It is as simple as that! :peace:

Dear Sandhya,

After reading your post..all I can ask you is "how would you like the answers to be"..becos I am not able to register a response from my side.

For the 1st time in a long long time..the neurons are not firing from my side.

So over to you.
renukaji
you are the most overworked on this site .

you are made responsible for all that is happening to tamil brahmins .

you with your sense or responsibility and duty is carrying the burden of explaining everything quoting various sanskrit scripts and hollywood stars as case studies to

prove your point of view.

we grant you one day special leave.lol

Dear Sandhya,

If I comment on some bad scene in some movie running on the TV screen, my son used to say, "Amma! Remember! There is a switch

provided to put the TV off!' I follow his advice! :cool:

If you bump into some thread of your dislike, you can choose NOT to read it OR try to understand the contents. It is as simple as that! :peace:
My wife used to tell my son when he was young to close his eyes when some half clad females or something undesirable for young appeared on TV.

sandhyav could do the same.

There is a child lock switch option on some TVs to lock out indesirable things for youngsters.

I wish we could lock out undesirable people /events instead of responding to them.

There is an inappropriate song ' poonai kannai moodi kondal , bhuloham iruundu pohuma miyavu miyavu'.

It is perhaps difficult to shut off oneself totally like this though desirable

I am sorry, I think I have to disagree with Sandhya ji here.

Only persistent questioning leads to the truth.

Thanks everyone for your very valuable thoughts...

But most gratitude to INDIANASSAULT....The opening post starts here when he disagreed...

So there is this Christmas festival is happening in our village. Totally new to you. No-body in your family knows what it means. everybody buys cakes and balloons....You have just finished the 120th festival in your religion and still drunk with all the merry.

Would you go and question your neighbor what is all this?? Santa Jesus what is all this? or would you just eat the cake and taste that culture a little bit. Or just apply special leave and explore the whole religion over the period of next few days-years?

My NULL HYPOSTHESIS is: Persistent questioning versus Goal directed questioning produces same result -- confused grey matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back