• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

STIGMA and THE PROBLEM OF divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SANDHYAV

In the context of DIVORCE i paste this to start with.

stigma

ˈstɪɡmə/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the stigma of mental disorder"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:shame, disgrace, dishonour; More

(in Christian tradition) marks corresponding to those left on Christ's body by the Crucifixion, said to have been impressed by divine favour on the bodies of St Francis of Assisi and others.

The stigma has two components. The disgrace the individual thinks he has got because of DIVORCE. and the disgrace the society thinks they have put on him.

The mark will fade or become deeper as and when the time and situation changes, WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS?

in indian context , a lot of sanctity was associated with marriage and stigma lasting a lifetime associated with divorce. most continued in marriage to avoid the stigma of

divorce

in the last few years, marriage has lost its sanctity and has become a loose relationship to be terminated at the slightest pretext on economic inequalities emerging or

minor inter personal differences related to behaviour or extended families..

divorces by mutual consent among the educated and young have become common place and consequently stigma is not much of a concern.

one sees a lot of matrimonial ads of divorced boys and girls looking for matches again and getting remarried is also common.

as such stigma [ disgrace of individual or non acceptance of society of divorced person] is of not much relevance.

lot of other types of deviant behaviour such as LGBT are becoming openly accepted .

society has changed.

I do not know if it is for the better

I like 4 by 4 sentences, i respond here coz i see 2 POSTERS and average their number of Sentences to about 4 sentences......

I would consider divorce as more similar to a demolition of a car. When someone says divorce is losing sanctity, i understand it to the concept of finishing one banana and going for the next and hence making it look so easy and cheap...Pretty much like STARTING A NEW THREAD as and when needed!

. When someone says divorce is losing sanctity, i understand it to the concept of finishing one banana and going for the next and hence making it look so easy and cheap...Pretty much like STARTING A NEW THREAD as and when needed!

1)Then there might be a Koundamani Senthil Banana controversy becos each person will be talking about a different banana!LOL

2)I said that divorce is losing its sanctity becos people fear divorce and rather not be married to start with and prefer the live in arrangement..so there is no marriage nor a divorce.

3)If marriage and divorce still had its sanctity both will still exists.

4)So its not about the banana alone!LOL

atlast 'renuka' (whoever that is) .. is on my track..

I add -- TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN (Legal terms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back