• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is "Conservativeness" Camouflaged Sexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

This question has been a long time in my mind since I was younger.

I had always noted if a group of traditional conservative women were sitting down say in some room or prayer hall and then suddenly if a man walks in many women would start adjusting their saree pallu or duppata to make sure nothing is exposed in the presence of the male who just walked in.

All of a sudden the presence of the male would make many females alert.

Then I have also noted that the less conservative ones do not really even realize that a male has walked in and goes on talking as normal.

It always seemed to me that a conservative looking female has a sense of heightened sexual awareness and sees every male as a potential "roving eye" male when the male might actually be a very decent person.

I wonder why this mind set among conservative looking ladies?

Why do they start to doubt all males right away? Why so defensive?

Are they afraid of the male or their own selves?

Is Conservativeness actually Camouflaged Sexuality"? Any idea?

I think It is a very interesting thought.

First Male psychology.

Men like what is covered /hidden and there is an element of curiosity and desire about the other gender.

when ladies are not conscious of men and act normal , men normally do not take them seriously and move on. besides they feel these ladies are like us and treat them

accordingly

On the other hand , if the ladies make a conscious attempt to cover themselves more if men are in vicinity, the men get more aroused I suppose .

it is like wanting a forbidden fruit as against what is readily available.

the male psychology is finding a girl they can take to their mother in the event of a relationship. they would prefer a conservative hard to get type duly over covered.

Conservative ladies duly brought up on a diet of males on the prowl and on hunt for female get conscious and cover themselves more. This increases the interest of

men . This fact the conservative ladies also know. They adopt the cover up stance until the man gets into the web of their covered up charm and gets entangled in a

permanent relationship,lol

Conservative ladies are not afraid of any male. Their defensive and coy behaviour guarantees better returns in terms of a mate for their future.

I do not know if if I am making sense,lol

Last edited:
I think It is a very interesting thought.

First Male psychology.

Men like what is covered /hidden and there is an element of curiosity and desire about the other gender.

when ladies are not conscious of men and act normal , men normally do not take them seriously and move on. besides they feel these ladies are like us and treat them

accordingly

On the other hand , if the ladies make a conscious attempt to cover themselves more if men are in vicinity, the men get more aroused I suppose .

it is like wanting a forbidden fruit as against what is readily available.

the male psychology is finding a girl they can take to their mother in the event of a relationship. they would prefer a conservative hard to get type duly over covered.

Conservative ladies duly brought up on a diet of males on the prowl and on hunt for female get conscious and cover themselves more. This increases the interest of

men . This fact the conservative ladies also know. They adopt the cover up stance until the man gets into the web of their covered up charm and gets entangled in a

permanent relationship,lol

Conservative ladies are not afraid of any male. Their defensive and coy behaviour guarantees better returns in terms of a mate for their future.

I do not know if if I am making sense,lol

A very honest answer.

I was kind of thinking that actions of most humans are still very much centred around the Muladhara Chakra (even though it might be subconscious)...hence there is always body consciousness.

A very honest answer.

I was kind of thinking that actions of most humans are still very much centred around the Muladhara Chakra (even though it might be subconscious)...hence there is always body consciousness.
Basically it is physical

Everything else comes later.

If some intelligence also comes along with it then it is bonus.

but intelligence vs dumb , the latter is better for men as they can feel superior also.lol

It is just instinctive self preservation.

Nothing to do with women sexuality.

It is like an Lab technician working with very high voltage instruments putting his left hand instinctively inside his left pant pocket while switching on the toggle switch on the panel.

It is like a car driver instinctively glancing on the gear shaft before switching on the engine to ensure that the vehicle is on neutral (automatic gears being an exception).

It has everything to do with instincts than anything else.

This instinct perhaps has its origin in the ancient times of cave men.

something like a reflex action processed at lower levels of signal processing and responding. Not done at the apex brain level. LOL. An attempt to make a doctor understand. LOL.

yes..spinal level..it only goes thru the spine..that is why I linked it with the Mooladhara chakra which is at the base of the spine.

So its a primal basic reflex which has sexuality as its substratum.

yes..spinal level..it only goes thru the spine..that is why I linked it with the Mooladhara chakra which is at the base of the spine.

So its a primal basic reflex which has sexuality as its substratum.

I never can imagine that breathing or involuntary pulling back of the finger from the fire in a lighted lamp (though there is this "தீக்குள் விரலை வைத்தால் நந்தலாலா, நின்னைத்தீண்டும் இன்பம் தோன்றுதடா நந்தலாலா" by Bharathi which I understand and appreciate) can have sexuality in the substratum. LOL.

I never can imagine that breathing or involuntary pulling back of the finger from the fire in a lighted lamp (though there is this "தீக்குள் விரலை வைத்தால் நந்தலாலா, நின்னைத்தீண்டும் இன்பம் தோன்றுதடா நந்தலாலா" by Bharathi which I understand and appreciate) can have sexuality in the substratum. LOL.

Its not the same..pain reflex and "conservative" reflex are poles apart.

In conservative reflex..the mind has been conditioned to view the opposite gender in a sexual manner.

No one romances a flame.

BTW Mooladhara Chakra is a desire based Chakra. Sexuality is just one of its functions.

Its not the same..pain reflex and "conservative" reflex are poles apart.

In conservative reflex..the mind has been conditioned to view the opposite gender in a sexual manner.

No one romances a flame.

My understanding is this:

The bubble of action emerges from just two pathways of mind.

One is involuntary. the signals are processed and action returned quickly from the lower level of command centre.

the other is deliberate. It is after processing, considering and then responding from a higher level of the command centre.

Now you are introducing a new complication into this structure. Conservative and pain response. I think conservative is conservative because there is perceived pain prowling in the background. LOL.

Now you are introducing a new complication into this structure. Conservative and pain response. I think conservative is conservative because there is perceived pain prowling in the background. LOL.

Pain receptors need to be stimulated in order to perceive pain.

Background pain will not be registered..background pain only exists in the mind.

So to a certain extent the brain has come into the picture.

So its not a pure 100% reflex..it may be 90% reflex and 10% mental conditioning.

Now that mental conditioning is well camouflaged sexuality.

I remember this whole scenario so well cos once I saw a female adjusting her saree just as when a man walked into the prayer hall and the man saw that and got angry and told her "dont worry..you are not my type"!LOL

BTW Mooladhara Chakra is a desire based Chakra. Sexuality is just one of its functions.

mooladhara, sahasrara and aagneya are all so much of nomenclature I believe. It is just that when mental sublimation is accompanied harmoniously with physical sublimation of Urthwarethas it gives a feeling of immense happiness like a trance. There are bhakti schools of thought who believe in pairing this sublimation harmoniously in a physical "act"with the mutual assistance from a member of the opposite sex. So it is all the ways to achieve a trance which is differently called - again nomenclature-samadhi by some, vettaveli by the tamil sidhdhas, and numerous other names in sanskrit and prakrit. no wonder you came to the conclusion that mooladhar chakra is desire based. It is not desire based. It is "desire-causing" or "composed of desire" ingradient based. That is all. Think about it and perceive.

Women in traditional societies are groomed to follow certain basic traits and to exhibit appropriate behavior while dealing with opposite sex..It is inbuilt in their genes...I would call it a natural instinct to cover their pallus when some one from opposite sex comes...There is no sexuality that is camouflaged by this..When women venture out of the house they are advised by the elders to be careful

Of course for the modern age women this natural instinct may be anathema...But if a male continue to stare at a woman's parts the self defense mechanism plays then too..Only the extent and time taken to respond varies between a traditional and modern woman..Of course we are not talking of a whore but a house wife!

Of course we are not talking of a whore but a house wife!

Frankly speaking a commercial sex worker(CSW) is less sexual than a house wife.

For a CSW sex is a very mechanical act becos she does not get emotionally involved with her clients.Its strictly business. Its her profession and case closed.

Just like a doctor..a doctor does not feel deeply affected when a patient dies becos he/she is not emotionally involved with a patient.A doctor who is over compassionate or under compassionate can not function well. A doctor can witness pain in others but he/she has the ability to detach himself/herself.
Its mechanical and technical.

On the other hand a housewife is more sexually aware becos she is emotionally involved with her husband. The act of sex here is not a mechanical one like how a CSW is with her client.

The act reinforces the house wife's awareness each time.

Eventually this awareness starts to form a shield of "purity" around her and she views other males as a potential threat of a rowing eye kind and becomes over zealous in defending her purity.

So the best is not to be too mechanical or be too emotionally involved..only then one ceases to judge others and just lives along the lines of existence.

Last edited:
all this talk of purity of women etc is anti feminist .

this has been foisted by religeous types on unsuspecting ladies to make them remain in bondage with many undeserving/useless men

they are made to live in a make believe world of purity and become bonded property of men.

purity is a emotional hook deliberately created to serve mens interests .

perhaps other men lose out when this purity game is played by ladies blindly believing in it.

So the best is not to be too mechanical or be too emotionally involved..only then one ceases to judge others and just lives along the lines of existence.

Be too mechanical and remain untouched by whatever is happening. You are not present and you are really far away. You are just an uninvolved witness to whatever is happening.

Be emotionally involved completely. You enjoy the beauty of it. You have a sense of participation. You have a sense of giving and taking which is after all the best philosophy of life-to give what you can and to take what you want (communism and dialectic materialism explained just in one sentence. LOL). In the process you become a slave and also enjoy the privilege of picking up a slave for company.

So be mechanical if you want to be just a bystander.
Be totally involved by deliberate choice whenever you want to.
So you have the best of both the worlds. LOL.

Be too mechanical and remain untouched by whatever is happening. You are not present and you are really far away. You are just an uninvolved witness to whatever is happening.

Be emotionally involved completely. You enjoy the beauty of it. You have a sense of participation. You have a sense of giving and taking which is after all the best philosophy of life-to give what you can and to take what you want (communism and dialectic materialism explained just in one sentence. LOL). In the process you become a slave and also enjoy the privilege of picking up a slave for company.

So be mechanical if you want to be just a bystander.
Be totally involved by deliberate choice whenever you want to.
So you have the best of both the worlds. LOL.

If there were to be 2 worlds..that mean it has a beginning and an end..that too its a state of mind that is governed by time.

When time is in the picture..everything is subject to change.

When one is neither mechanical nor emotionally involved time stands still and even the world ceases to exist..only then one savours.

If there were to be 2 worlds..that mean it has a beginning and an end..that too its a state of mind that is governed by time.

When time is in the picture..everything is subject to change.

When one is neither mechanical nor emotionally involved time stands still and even the world ceases to exist..only then one savours.

I am in my farmhouse.

I switch on the pumpset and water flows out.

I take bath in the cold water and i enjoy it. I feel there is nothing in this world like an elaborate cold bath in the privacy of a farmhouse with water getting pumped from the well with a large throughput.

The pump is mechanically pumping not knowing anything about my feelings.

I am emotionally sold on the bathing process.

suddenly the wire snaps and there is electricity in the water and I am/was in the water.

The bath continues, the mechanical action continues and I am in the unversal conmsciousness and the time is still there and the world has ceased to exist. LOL.

suddenly the wire snaps and there is electricity in the water and I am/was in the water.

The bath continues, the mechanical action continues and I am in the unversal conmsciousness and the time is still there and the world has ceased to exist. LOL.

That is not universal consciousness..that's your heart in asystole!

It looks like this on a cardiac monitor___________________________

That is not universal consciousness..that's your heart in asystole!

It looks like this on a cardiac monitor___________________________

Yes, I knew. But that is why I became part of U.Conciousness. Anyway I did not expect to be resuscitated from the garden irrigation tub.

Namaste Renuka,

Honestly I find this topic to be 'judgemental' of someone's intentions from just mere superficial observation. You said that lady professors in India are judging foreign students by their outfits. How different is your topic here from them? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back