• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is urgently required at present for Brahmin Community ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
இது தான் நம் பிராமண சமுதாயத்தின் உண்மையான வெளிப்பாடு. எதை சொன்னாலும், எதை எடுத்தாலும் அதை பற்றி ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து அதை பற்றி விமரிசனம் செய்வதே நம் பழக்கம். எதையும் சிந்திக்காமல் உள் வாங்கிகொள்ளும் பழக்கம் நம்மிடையே கிடையாது.

எத்தனை பேர் எத்தனை விதமான விமரிசனம் செய்து வருகிறார்கள் என்று சற்று கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் நமக்கு ஒரு சில உண்மைகள் விளங்கும்.

ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து பயணுள்ள செய்திகளை விமரிசனமாக கொடுத்து, சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்துக்களை மேம்படுத்த உதவுவோர் சிலர். இவர்களது பங்கு positive contribution ஆகும்.

சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்திற்கு என்ன என்ன குறைகள் உண்டோ அதை மட்டும் சொல்லுவோர் சிலர். இவர்கள் குறை காண்பதில் கில்லாடிகள். எதை சொன்னாலும் அதில் குறையை மட்டுமே காண்பார்கள். அதை விமரிசனம் செய்து பெயர் வாங்க முயற்சி செய்வார்கள். நோகாமல்நொங்கு எடுப்பவர்கள் இவர்கள். இவர்களது பங்கு negative contribution ஆகும்.

இதில் எது ஒசத்தி / உயர்ந்தது என்றால் தீர்ப்பு சொல்வது கடினம். இரண்டுமே அவசியமாக இருக்கிறது. குறைகள் சொன்னால்தானே அதை நிவர்த்தி செய்து அதை மேலும் வளர்த்து perfection என்ற நிலைக்கு வர முடியும்.

ஆக இப்போது புரிகிறதா கடவுள் ஏன் இரண்டு இரண்டாக எல்லாவற்றயும் படைத்தது இருக்கிறார் என்று. இரவு, பகல் - பாவம், புண்ணியம் - நல்லது, கெட்டது - சூரியன், சந்திரன்.

இப்போது இறுதி கட்ட முடிவுக்கு வருவோம். Postivie நல்லதா / negative நல்லதா ?? நாம் தற்போது செய்ய வேண்டியது என்ன ?

ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு இரண்டுமே அவசியம். இரண்டையுமே சரியான விகிதத்தில் balance செய்ய வேண்டும். என்னை கேட்டல் சரியான விகிதம் + 75% negative 25% என்று சொல்வேன் . இது நான் அனுபவபூர்வமாக கண்டுகொண்ட உண்மை.

ஆனால் நம் ப்ராமண சமுதாயத்தில் negative aspect தான் அதிகமாக தென் படுகிறது. இன்னும் சொன்ன போனால் நேர் எதிர் விகிதத்தில் இருக்கிறது. Negative 75% postive 25%.

பிராமண சமுதாய மக்களே உங்களது போக்கில் மாற்றம் உடனடி அவசியமாகிறது. சரி விகிதத்திற்கு கொண்டுவாருங்கள் . Postive contribution கொடுத்து ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு உதவுங்கள் என்று கேட்டு கொள்கிறேன்.

உடனடி தேவை - (1) சமத்துவம் (2) சகோதரத்துவம் (3) ஒற்றுமை (4) விட்டு கொடுக்கும் மனப்பான்மை (5) பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளுதல்(6) மற்றவர்களுக்கு பணமாவகவோ / உடல் உழைப்பின் மூலமோ உதவி செய்வது. பிராமண சமுதாயமே விழித்துக்கொள்.

இது தான் நம் பிராமண சமுதாயத்தின் உண்மையான வெளிப்பாடு. எதை சொன்னாலும், எதை எடுத்தாலும் அதை பற்றி ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து அதை பற்றி விமரிசனம் செய்வதே நம் பழக்கம். எதையும் சிந்திக்காமல் உள் வாங்கிகொள்ளும் பழக்கம் நம்மிடையே கிடையாது.

எத்தனை பேர் எத்தனை விதமான விமரிசனம் செய்து வருகிறார்கள் என்று சற்று கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் நமக்கு ஒரு சில உண்மைகள் விளங்கும்.

ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து பயணுள்ள செய்திகளை விமரிசனமாக கொடுத்து, சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்துக்களை மேம்படுத்த உதவுவோர் சிலர். இவர்களது பங்கு positive contribution ஆகும்.

சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்திற்கு என்ன என்ன குறைகள் உண்டோ அதை மட்டும் சொல்லுவோர் சிலர். இவர்கள் குறை காண்பதில் கில்லாடிகள். எதை சொன்னாலும் அதில் குறையை மட்டுமே காண்பார்கள். அதை விமரிசனம் செய்து பெயர் வாங்க முயற்சி செய்வார்கள். நோகாமல்நொங்கு எடுப்பவர்கள் இவர்கள். இவர்களது பங்கு negative contribution ஆகும்.

இதில் எது ஒசத்தி / உயர்ந்தது என்றால் தீர்ப்பு சொல்வது கடினம். இரண்டுமே அவசியமாக இருக்கிறது. குறைகள் சொன்னால்தானே அதை நிவர்த்தி செய்து அதை மேலும் வளர்த்து perfection என்ற நிலைக்கு வர முடியும்.

ஆக இப்போது புரிகிறதா கடவுள் ஏன் இரண்டு இரண்டாக எல்லாவற்றயும் படைத்தது இருக்கிறார் என்று. இரவு, பகல் - பாவம், புண்ணியம் - நல்லது, கெட்டது - சூரியன், சந்திரன்.

இப்போது இறுதி கட்ட முடிவுக்கு வருவோம். Postivie நல்லதா / negative நல்லதா ?? நாம் தற்போது செய்ய வேண்டியது என்ன ?

ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு இரண்டுமே அவசியம். இரண்டையுமே சரியான விகிதத்தில் balance செய்ய வேண்டும். என்னை கேட்டல் சரியான விகிதம் + 75% negative 25% என்று சொல்வேன் . இது நான் அனுபவபூர்வமாக கண்டுகொண்ட உண்மை.

ஆனால் நம் ப்ராமண சமுதாயத்தில் negative aspect தான் அதிகமாக தென் படுகிறது. இன்னும் சொன்ன போனால் நேர் எதிர் விகிதத்தில் இருக்கிறது. Negative 75% postive 25%.

பிராமண சமுதாய மக்களே உங்களது போக்கில் மாற்றம் உடனடி அவசியமாகிறது. சரி விகிதத்திற்கு கொண்டுவாருங்கள் . Postive contribution கொடுத்து ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு உதவுங்கள் என்று கேட்டு கொள்கிறேன்.

உடனடி தேவை - (1) சமத்துவம் (2) சகோதரத்துவம் (3) ஒற்றுமை (4) விட்டு கொடுக்கும் மனப்பான்மை (5) பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளுதல்(6) மற்றவர்களுக்கு பணமாவகவோ / உடல் உழைப்பின் மூலமோ உதவி செய்வது. பிராமண சமுதாயமே விழித்துக்கொள்.

Dear Venkutu,

Well said. A practical and analytical suggestion to be practiced by each every member of our community in reality in order to achieve the desired goal of perfection.

brahmin community requires enterprise, self belief and leadership and political pragmatism .

they are brainy enough to do well in any enterprise.

if they can look after themselves and take pragmatic decisions to promote their community interests they will be better off .

they can be self starters .

they all the time see problems and are non starters .

1.brahmin community requires enterprise, self belief and leadership and political pragmatism .

2.they are brainy enough to do well in any enterprise.

3.if they can look after themselves and take pragmatic decisions to promote their community interests they will be better off .

4.they can be self starters . they all the time see problems and are non starters .

1. There is good lot enterprise in brahmins. For the size of the community the kind of clout they have in the industries and trade is remarkable. It is growing and not stagnant.

Self belief-I do not understand how one judges this.

Leadership and political pragmatism- Political pragmatism requires that they keep a low profile for another generation too as they have been doing now. Hence the leadership can not become very conspicuous.

2.They are indeed doing well. Brains alone does not have anything to do with this. Itis the risk taking capacity and willingness that matters. As brahmins are becoming urbanised with the massive migration that is taking place, their capacity and appetite for risk is bound to increase.

3. It is lying low time now. So there is no place for any conspicuous and visible political organizing.

4. They are self starters with a Govt. and society not helping them at all.

Whenever we have no real issues to talk about, subject related to Brahmin unity comes to the forum, as usual.

Is it for all Brahmin community in Tamil Nadu or only for a specific sect or caste? Still there are serious differences prevalent among various denominations. What is your suggestion of bringing Iyers and Iyengars together without sacrifycing the ideology?

Alternatively, do u want all Iyers in Tamil Nadu to leave the community and become Iyengars and in the process dissolving all Sankara Mutts and forcing them to mingle with Jeer Mutts? Assuming it is the only way, which kalai will u prefer?

I fear, there are some Smartha members in this forum, who, in the pretext of unity among Brahmins, want all Iyers to become Vibhishanas.

[]

Whenever we have no real issues to talk about, subject related to Brahmin unity comes to the forum, as usual.

Is it for all Brahmin community in Tamil Nadu or only for a specific sect or caste? Still there are serious differences prevalent among various denominations. What is your suggestion of bringing Iyers and Iyengars together without sacrifycing the ideology?

Alternatively, do u want all Iyers in Tamil Nadu to leave the community and become Iyengars and in the process dissolving all Sankara Mutts and forcing them to mingle with Jeer Mutts? Assuming it is the only way, which kalai will u prefer?

I fear, there are some Smartha members in this forum, who, in the pretext of unity among Brahmins, want all Iyers to become Vibhishanas.

Aiyoooo!

Your Iyer Vs Iyengar.....Shiva Vs Vishnu fight is never over!LOL

Last edited:
dear chandruji
all this talk of iyer -iyengar fight is only in TB forum

Both are in the process of adjusting to each other culturally and are uniting thru intermixing and marrying into each others families.

They are adopting and accepting each others rituals and Gods.

They have pictures of Gods of both saivite and vaishnavite faiths home and ladies wear dresses as per conventions of either community as per their choice in religeous

functions, they accept vadhyars of either for rituals, wear caste marks of their choice, serve mix of foods including those which are specific to their communities.

I participated in one such function last week only in south of india

Times have changed. The next generation is more open and are not tied harshly to any religeous practice or order.

They are evolving a new society free of of petty differences.

though reaching out to other castes is still not to the same extent , these barriers are also bound to go.

It is now only economics . that decides everything

1. There is good lot enterprise in brahmins. For the size of the community the kind of clout they have in the industries and trade is remarkable. It is growing and not stagnant.

Self belief-I do not understand how one judges this.

Leadership and political pragmatism- Political pragmatism requires that they keep a low profile for another generation too as they have been doing now. Hence the leadership can not become very conspicuous.

2.They are indeed doing well. Brains alone does not have anything to do with this. Itis the risk taking capacity and willingness that matters. As brahmins are becoming urbanised with the massive migration that is taking place, their capacity and appetite for risk is bound to increase.

3. It is lying low time now. So there is no place for any conspicuous and visible political organizing.

4. They are self starters with a Govt. and society not helping them at all.
Enterprise with risk taking and hard work is required for success.

Lying low and not playing political card for welfare of community when there is an oppurtunity with new political forces emerging in india would not be very wise.

A tamilian could make a mark in maharashtra and delhi on a BJP ticket. similarly brahmins can also come up holding coat tails of a national party in tamilnadu

Tamilnadu can definitely throw up some leaders from brahmin community.

Last edited:
Dear All above Members, I am extremely happy that the Topic started is the the need of the Hour & must be continued till we reach Consensus on some important implementable schemes. If we continue, & if hundreds / Thousands take part in this forum & we should be able to spread to other similar Forums , to attain our desired Goals
Do not CLOSE this Topic.
A.Srinivasan

Do not CLOSE this Topic.
A.Srinivasan

Dear Rishikeshan ji,

Do not worry..no one will close this thread/topic becos so far for all other threads only you have several times requested topics to be closed!LOL

So fear not..this topic will go on becos you do not desire to close it.

We are looking forward to some wise posts from Rishikesanji.

By the way what happened to the charity , he wanted to start?

Rishikesan Ji,

Don’t fall victim to such posts by responding. Hope you would not have forgotten the lesson learnt thro’ your proposal in earlier thread. There is a group which will start again to make fun of serious things under the guise of analysis, feasibility, opposition, etc. etc., They are really good at that.
Ignore such lip service.

Dear Mr Krish 44, On your query, let me explain briefly. As you know, before starting such a scheme, I wrote that unless we are explicitly supported, no progress , either by me or we Two will not take off. & one more valid reason :- Mr Praveen all on a sudden had written that anyone is welcome to do whatever he desires , keeping the fair name of the site. He also hinted that he wants to SELL this forum & invited BIDs as well. So in there circumstances can I or even You can think of our objective scheme, would go ahead, because majority , including the 2 active ladies had given discouraging comments . & majority kept Mum.
Even though I lived away from Tamil Nadu for 45 years, I know the behavior of Tamil Brahmins so well , none can challenge me , because I used to get practical experience when I visit every 2/3 years.
Even after my return to MADRAS & live here for the last 18 years things / attitudes have not changed, because it is their BLOOD & hereditary ? Note :- I am extremely happy to read the current Topic , dt 7 th Nov 2014 by Mr VENKUTU 59. because he has directly addressed the issue & is eager to urgently do some thing . Instead of commenting negatively, let us show our POSITIVE approach & strenghthen his hands, lest he may lose the drive ?
I fervently appeal to all learned/ veterans to write anything in positive so that the enthusiastic proposer is encouraged Also try to gather more Brahmins from our side.
Please take my writings in objective way.
A.Srinvasan ( Rishikesan )

Dear friends

Nowadays we see there are a lot of opportunities to learn our sacred texts. Texts like the Gita￾0È3 Upanishads etc are readilg available￾0È3 the messages are broadcast by scholars on TV￾0È3 all have access to temples.

Still we find the majority of NBs disinterested in learning our texts￾0È3 learning Sanskrit... due to various reasons. Even Bs dont learn Sanskrit and hence they start saying all this is some hocus pocus or mumbo jumbo.

As far as the preservation of this knowledge is concerned￾0È3 Bs are STILL the only hope. Until with Gods grace some NBs also get motivated start vigorously entering into this area. So until this happens￾0È3 the Bs have to continue shouldering the responsibility.

Still we find the majority of NBs disinterested in learning our texts￾0È3 learning Sanskrit... due to various reasons. Even Bs dont learn Sanskrit and hence they start saying all this is some hocus pocus or mumbo jumbo.

Dear Sir,

I dont get it here..why do you say majority of NBs are not interested in learning Sanskrit?

You would be very very surprised to know that many NBs where I stay have started learning Sanskrit.

Many NBs from here have gone to India stayed in Ashrams and got initiated and learnt religious texts and Sanskrit and even Paninis grammar in detail and have started teaching it here.

I think may be its only in India that no one is taking Sanskrit very seriously.

The scenario is totally different in other countries..even Non Indians join Sanskrit classes.

Dear Mr Krish 44, On your query, let me explain briefly. As you know, before starting such a scheme, I wrote that unless we are explicitly supported, no progress , either by me or we Two will not take off. & one more valid reason :- Mr Praveen all on a sudden had written that anyone is welcome to do whatever he desires , keeping the fair name of the site. He also hinted that he wants to SELL this forum & invited BIDs as well. So in there circumstances can I or even You can think of our objective scheme, would go ahead, because majority , including the 2 active ladies had given discouraging comments . & majority kept Mum.
Even though I lived away from Tamil Nadu for 45 years, I know the behavior of Tamil Brahmins so well , none can challenge me , because I used to get practical experience when I visit every 2/3 years.
Even after my return to MADRAS & live here for the last 18 years things / attitudes have not changed, because it is their BLOOD & hereditary ? Note :- I am extremely happy to read the current Topic , dt 7 th Nov 2014 by Mr VENKUTU 59. because he has directly addressed the issue & is eager to urgently do some thing . Instead of commenting negatively, let us show our POSITIVE approach & strenghthen his hands, lest he may lose the drive ?
I fervently appeal to all learned/ veterans to write anything in positive so that the enthusiastic proposer is encouraged Also try to gather more Brahmins from our side.
Please take my writings in objective way.
A.Srinvasan ( Rishikesan )
Actually Rishikesanji I only wondered If anyone from chennai show some enterprise and set up a charity to fund a couple of students per year .

I did not think it was complicated.

Similar was our joint initiative to help two youngsters with horoscope issues related to marriage and we asserted that the horoscopes matched and you even offered to

meet the boys and girls relatives to convince them.

People mostly mistake our offer to help and look for motives in anything we genuinely try.

similarly is this new initiative by venkatuji to address the issues related to brahmin community and eagerness to do something for the community.

let us applaud both venkatuji and rishikesanji for their well meaning initiatives

Dear Sir,

I dont get it here..why do you say majority of NBs are not interested in learning Sanskrit?

You would be very very surprised to know that many NBs where I stay have started learning Sanskrit.

Many NBs from here have gone to India stayed in Ashrams and got initiated and learnt religious texts and Sanskrit and even Paninis grammar in detail and have started teaching it here.

The scenario is totally different in other countries..even Non Indians join Sanskrit classes.
other than vaidheeka people in india { they learn sanskrit for economic reasons -To make a living]we have only maxmueller and a few foreigners and NBs from

malaysia who show interest in sanskrit.

It is difficult to put life into a dying language.

dear Sir

I am ignorant of the trend outside india but what you wrote is quite gratifying. However￾0È3 to learn it all from Panini onwards can take a lot of time. As far as spiritual matters is concerned￾0È3 lets say you get some spiritual experience￾0È3 and you see it corroborated in some ancient text. Thats good for spiritual growth.

Indeed I was talking about NBs in India or more specifically near the place I live. Not so long ago￾0È3 NBs here except the SC/STs used to learn Sanskrit as part of the traditional curriculum. Even in the past￾0È3 the bulk of Tantrik literature in Sanskrit was written and handled by NBs or Buddhists / Jains. Elders here (NBs) still remember the traditional learning process involving Sreeramodantam￾0È3 Amarakosam￾0È3 Raghuvamsam.

Sanskrit is just by the way. It may be any local language in which spiritual information is transmitted.

Dear Sir,

Dear friends

Nowadays we see there are a lot of opportunities to learn our sacred texts. Texts like the Gita￾0￾10￾0‡63 Upanishads etc are readilg available￾0￾10￾0‡63 the messages are broadcast by scholars on TV￾0￾10￾0‡63 all have access to temples.

Still we find the majority of NBs disinterested in learning our texts￾0￾10￾0‡63 learning Sanskrit... due to various reasons. Even Bs dont learn Sanskrit and hence they start saying all this is some hocus pocus or mumbo jumbo.

As far as the preservation of this knowledge is concerned￾0￾10￾0‡63 Bs are STILL the only hope. Until with Gods grace some NBs also get motivated start vigorously entering into this area. So until this happens￾0￾10￾0‡63 the Bs have to continue shouldering the responsibility.

The ayurvedic and astrology texts used to be written in Sanskrit. In Kerala the ayurvedic physicians are called Vaidhyar who mostly belong to Ezhava (OBC) caste. The astrologers belong to a NB caste called Kaniyaan. Now with the near-extinction of traditional practices￾0È3 NBs no longer find a need to learn this stuff.

1..Sanskrit is not dying as many Dravidian charlatans claim. It is just an ancient language and is not spoken today any significant group. It is a classical language and is an advanced one as a language. So it will be sought after by people to know what all it has to offer to humanity. Philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology, medicines, linguistics, phonetics and astrology (if it is a science) can all be learnt only by studying and knowing Sanskrit. The knowledge gained by studying these in other languages will be incomplete as long as one does not round it up with studying what is in Sanskrit.

2. Brahmins have nothing to do with Sanskrit. It is just that their religious literature is all in Sanskrit and so they learn it by default. They are religious as a group and so they have no other choice.

3. As for brahmin unity and organization, it would be better if the members who come here speaking about organising the brahmins go and join an existing organisation of brahmins and contribute their mite there. The tendency on the part of brahmins to have a pocket borough each is notorious. Why not join a local bhajan mandali, seva group, satkalakshepa sabha, brahmin association, ganesh mandali, kalakshepa ghoshti in vishnu temples, Kotha ghoshti in vaishnavite neighbourhoods and offer the services to the community. Instead of each one starting a new organization, it would be worth your while to join an existing one and then try to organise in a bigger way by uniting the members and making it become a larger statelevel or nation level organisation taking in like minded other brahmins organisations. There are thousands of such organisations there. Dont add a thousandoneth to this list.

Dear Krish 44, I would like to reiterate that what we have thought of doing at least a couple of issues ,that is offering help to needy students & also attempt to get 2 couples married will not go out of my mind. I had a talk with the T.N brahmin Association in Chennai. The member in K.K. nagar , when I mentioned our proposal he came up with an incident . Mr Desikan told me that he can get one seat in Engg in 3 Pvt colleges ( Meenakshi college in Kodambakkam), he got a seat for a Boy & after a while , when he contacted the Boy, who told that the Std in Meenakshi is not that high & he secured a seat in another College ? It is doubted that the boy did not give feed-back in time ? However, Pl. go thru the list of office beares of Assn, lets meet after we get equipped with reliable data of the Needy students & brides ?

However, I shall find out more from Mr Desikan & we can even meet the President of Chennai Chapter. If you go thru the Web site
you may find if anyone is known to you ?
A.Srinivasan ( Rishikesan )

Dear Mr Venkuttu, please note that while we are in the midst of discussing the Topic you have started, all on a sudden it is diverted to N.B. and Sanskrit learning Etc. Please get that none deviate & dilute & even get it closed ? Why this trend ?
A.Srinivasan

dear chandruji

all this talk of iyer -iyengar fight is only in TB forum

Both are in the process of adjusting to each other culturally and are uniting thru intermixing and marrying into each others families.

Sir,

Iyer and Iyengar differences are still prevalent and will continue to prevail, as it is not custom-oriented but religion-oriented. Only an Iyengar member can only tell the reality of the situation. Elimination of religious practices is not so easy. Marriages between Bs and NBs are more common than Iyers and Iyengars, I believe.

They are adopting and accepting each others rituals and Gods.

In the case of Iyers boys, it is possible and it it is Iyengar boy, it requires verification and confirmation.

They have pictures of Gods of both saivite and vaishnavite faiths home and ladies wear dresses as per conventions of either community as per their choice in religeous

functions, they accept vadhyars of either for rituals, wear caste marks of their choice, serve mix of foods including those which are specific to their communities.

Same as above. One of my batch mates in the office still in service, who is a Vadakalai Iyengar recently performed his daughter's marriage virtually becomes a very orthodox person when I saw him in the Facebook. His son-in-law also seems to be so. You are referring exceptional cases.

It is now only economics . that decides everything

It applies to all castes, which is the order of the day.

It is time for the Iyengar members in this Forum to explain explicitly whether the statement of Mr Krish44 is right, to put an end to this unity syndrome.

Hey chandruji
I am talking authoritatively as an iyengar

I give you full authority to quote me

I shall come specially with my caste mark traditional thengalai style for your sake and swear that I am from no less a place from kumbakomam ,one of the divya

desams

If you have any iyer girls to offer for marriage , I shall incorporate them in an iyengar family if they promise not to scoot of after getting married .

Will this convince you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back