• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No fancy names for Chinese babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
China on Saturday passed a law mandating parents to follow the convention of naming their children after their relatives from blood lines, in an apparent move to discourage trends of adopting fashionable or unorthodox names.

(Full news report from Deccan Chronicle, Tiruvananthapuram edn., 2014-11-02, page-11 attached.)

Attachments

• TVM_2014-11-02_maip11_9.png
    TVM_2014-11-02_maip11_9.png
    196 KB · Views: 125
China on Saturday passed a law mandating parents to follow the convention of naming their children after their relatives from blood lines, in an apparent move to discourage trends of adopting fashionable or unorthodox names.

(Full news report from Deccan Chronicle, Tiruvananthapuram edn., 2014-11-02, page-11 attached.)

That is interesting, Chinese in the US mostly carry Christian names, like Sara, Kevin, Jonathan, Leah, Irene and so forth. Even one of my bosses whose real firstname is 'Jie' signs off all his papers as 'Jay' because it sounds similar.

That is interesting, Chinese in the US mostly carry Christian names, like Sara, Kevin, Jonathan, Leah, Irene and so forth. Even one of my bosses whose real firstname is 'Jie' signs off all his papers as 'Jay' because it sounds similar.

Our PM, Shri Modi, who has high opinion about ancient Indian history and its culture will do well to follow China's example, I feel.

Already we are following this. The names in respect of most of the Hindus relate to only Gods.

During last DMK Govt. Chennai Mayor announced cash incentive if the children are named in pure Tamil names.

Already we are following this. The names in respect of most of the Hindus relate to only Gods.

During last DMK Govt. Chennai Mayor announced cash incentive if the children are named in pure Tamil names.

Of course all names are of GOD, if you want to define God as Brahman.
I might be wrong but some of the names may not be from scriptures (but you can always apply it to some god).
But now a days we see North Indian names, Season names, Raga names, Tree names, bird names etc.
http://www.babynology.com/hindu-uniquenames.html

Just an example
Ivana इवाना
Ivana is one of the modern names which indians are using it......

Ajani आजानि AjAni
Derived from Sanskrit word आजानि ( AjAni ) means descent or noble birth.
Kimaya किमया
Kimaya, the word is used in Marathi in the sense of magic or sleight of hand, Kimaya is the art of transmuting the inferior metals into gold, alchemy.
Rishik ऋषिक
In Sanskrit Rishik means co worker Rishi or Rishi of lower degree.

Last edited:
Of course all names are of GOD, if you want to define God as Brahman.
I might be wrong but some of the names may not be from scriptures (but you can always apply it to some god).
But now a days we see North Indian names, Season names, Raga names, Tree names, bird names etc.
Hindu Unique Baby Names, Unique Hindu Baby Names with Meaning

Just an example
Ivana इवाना
Ivana is one of the modern names which indians are using it......

Ajani आजानि AjAni
Derived from Sanskrit word आजानि ( AjAni ) means descent or noble birth.
Kimaya किमया
Kimaya, the word is used in Marathi in the sense of magic or sleight of hand, Kimaya is the art of transmuting the inferior metals into gold, alchemy.
Rishik ऋषिक
In Sanskrit Rishik means co worker Rishi or Rishi of lower degree.

Certain Tamil names are also really good.

For example: Tamizhisai Soundararajan the head of TN BJP.

My ex-boss, who is an atheist, has twin daughters. He named them as Malar and Thendral.

The names like Mahathi (a Raga), Sruthi, Aarthi, Archana, Aishwarya are quite common nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back